Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Will this work for a putter shaft?

I've got Spryevo working on customizing an Odyssey 2-ball for me.  Going to make it a plumbers neck so I need to get a new shaft for it. 

Has anyone used a standard .370 parallel iron shaft as a putter shaft?  How far up does the parallel section go for tipping?

Here is the shaft I would like to try, and it's pretty inexpensive so I might just give it a shot.

http://www.hirekogolf.com/golf-components/golf-shafts/steel-shafts/apollo-copper-steel-shaft.html

It says parallel tip 9.5", does that mean I could tip it 8.5 or 9" and be ok?  Would the flex be similar to a standard putter shaft after tipping that much?

I'm putting a milled copper insert in the 2-ball, and if it works out also replacing the 2 disc inserts with copper as well so I though this shaft would look sweet.  If it doesn't work out I'll just go with a standard black putter shaft.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

The copper insert looked really good on their website. Could you do a small write up or report back to this thread on how the copper feels in the putter? And also if it affects weight or anything.

Yup, I'm planning on doing a whole write up once it's done.  The copper insert will add 58g to the putter head, then I'm guessing the 2 disc inserts will add a few grams as well as the plumbers neck.

Yup, I'm planning on doing a whole write up once it's done.  The copper insert will add 58g to the putter head, then I'm guessing the 2 disc inserts will add a few grams as well as the plumbers neck.

58g is quite a bit of weight. That may make my putter too heavy because it's already over 400g because of the belly putter head and the shaft is cut down so it will be very head heavy. 

58g is quite a bit of weight. That may make my putter too heavy because it's already over 400g because of the belly putter head and the shaft is cut down so it will be very head heavy.

I'm in the same boat, started with a 400g belly putter head and cut it down. I may mess around with counter weighting it a bit, but I'll see how it feels first.

Archived