Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Where in the world is Anthony Kim?!

KT-18

Does anybody know about his whereabouts?  I was a big fan, loved his game but since his injuries, he just disappeared!  He has a Major Medical Extension (16 starts to earn $613,550) from my Google research but he didn't play any tournaments in 2013, although he was supposed to be back around August / Sept.  Guess the FedEx Cup events weren't ideal for his comeback.  It'd be a shame if that was his career, from a former Ryder Cup hero, birdie making machine at Augusta to this....  :mellow:

AK had the thumb surgery, then started the 2012 season.  He made just 2 out of 10 cuts before withdrawing because the thumb had not healed completely.  Then tore a Achilles tendon in his left leg that was to keep him out until March or June of this year.

Apparently, it took longer.  I recall seeing him during the Web.com finals last month.  He has a major medical exemption for the PGA was trying to get his game back.  He basically went 12-15 months without playing so it will take some practice to get back in form.

I injured my Achilles in March, a minor strain, and am just now to where it does not bother me at night.  I told some friends last week that I was finally over it and a couple of nights later it was a bit sore again.  It is a absolutely nagging injury and just does not want to go away.  Mine was in no way as serious as his, of course I am not 27 and in top shape either, but it is a long process.

His was his left ankle so he probably can not twist at all on it.  Mine was the right so the swing did not hurt it but I lost power with my driver.  Actually, the funny thing was all of a sudden I gained 30 yards with my driver.  I was searching for what I was doing differently, because I made swing changes in April and by the end of June I saw major improvement in my irons but not so much with the driver.  I was still hitting it the same distance as before.  Then over a two week period I realized I was consistently hitting the ball like 25-30 more yards.  I kept tweaking my swing and it kept improving and could not quite place my finger on where all the power was coming from until one night I got up and realized I was no longer limping around the house.

I do not envy him his recovery from that.  Hopefully, AK can get it back together and play next year.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

AK had the thumb surgery, then started the 2012 season.  He made just 2 out of 10 cuts before withdrawing because the thumb had not healed completely.  Then tore a Achilles tendon in his left leg that was to keep him out until March or June of this year.

Apparently, it took longer.  I recall seeing him during the Web.com finals last month.  He has a major medical exemption for the PGA was trying to get his game back.  He basically went 12-15 months without playing so it will take some practice to get back in form.

I injured my Achilles in March, a minor strain, and am just now to where it does not bother me at night.  I told some friends last week that I was finally over it and a couple of nights later it was a bit sore again.  It is a absolutely nagging injury and just does not want to go away.  Mine was in no way as serious as his, of course I am not 27 and in top shape either, but it is a long process.

His was his left ankle so he probably can not twist at all on it.  Mine was the right so the swing did not hurt it but I lost power with my driver.  Actually, the funny thing was all of a sudden I gained 30 yards with my driver.  I was searching for what I was doing differently, because I made swing changes in April and by the end of June I saw major improvement in my irons but not so much with the driver.  I was still hitting it the same distance as before.  Then over a two week period I realized I was consistently hitting the ball like 25-30 more yards.  I kept tweaking my swing and it kept improving and could not quite place my finger on where all the power was coming from until one night I got up and realized I was no longer limping around the house.

I do not envy him his recovery from that.  Hopefully, AK can get it back together and play next year.

Thanks for the info!  I guess I missed him at the Web.com finals....sounds like a brutal injury to recover from....and some people say golf is not a sport!  :wacko:

I think he played two events and made one cut and missed one cut.  They spent about 15 seconds talking about him but since his season was not dependent on him making it they went on to other guys.  He was just trying to get his form back.

• 2 weeks later...

Last I heard he was at a party, a really long one.

I'd like to retweet please...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• 1 month later...

I think he played two events and made one cut and missed one cut.  They spent about 15 seconds talking about him but since his season was not dependent on him making it they went on to other guys.  He was just trying to get his form back.

I did see him on Golf Channel, however, I was not paying that much attention and for all I know it was a repeat from some years ago during a rain delay.

Whenever he comes back, he has a 16 tournament medical exemption.

• 2 months later...

The article below was on the Golf Channel today and I heard Matt Adams discussing this morning on Fairways of Life.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/john-hawkins/hawks-nest-remember-anthony-kim/

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

yea, i saw that article too.  CBS posted this as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/24544021/anthony-kim-is-not-even-playing-golf-recreationally

"He was once Top 10 in the world rankings.  He's now No. 1,529.  For context: Justin Rose is currently the No. 10 player in the world. Rory McIlroy is No. 11. Being top 10 or 15 is not a joke."

Unbelievable...

• 4 months later...

WWAKD?  Grind on Tour or take $19 million tax free in disability insurance and party non-stop.    Tough call.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Archived