TESTERS WANTED! ×

TaylorMade Japan Golf Balls

snoopy

Hey everyone, I just saw these online. TMaG Japan already showing off the Tour Preferred and Tour Preferred X golf balls. I'm guessing will probably make it's way over to North America soon as well... just saw the photos and thought I'd share!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the two balls are probably similar to the PRO V1 and PRO V1X

1522292_798548333494992_1128589961_n.jpg

1512744_798548330161659_665842956_n.jpg

Driver: Looking for a new one for 2014! Covert? SLDR? Big Bertha? Any suggestions?!

3 wood: Taylormade RBZ 3-wood, stock

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 3 hybrid (19 degree) and 4 hybrid (22 degree)

Irons: Callaway X18 irons, 3-PW

Wedges: Cleveland 588DSG 54*, Titleist Vokey SM2 60*

Putter: Nike Unitized Leo

Shoes: Adidas TOUR360

At least part of it I would guess.

With the show in Indy next week, it all feels like TMag is saying WTH, let's make a splash this year and spoil the party for the upstarts that think they can touch us.  

You know kind of like the, we've got the Metalwoods market sewn up for another year with the SLDR and JetSpeed, so let's start the year with a bang in non-core markets. Official launch of the TP Irons, TP Balls, and while we are at it, let's hit em with a TP line of wedges too, maybe even a couple of counterbalanced TP putters, and a new investment in professional fitters across the country to help spread the Loft  UP+ message.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

There's supposed to be some announcement next week from TM. These might be it.

Yeah, definitely, or maybe just part of their announcement. Will be interesting to see how these differ from last year's Lethal golf ball. From those promotional photos, looks like the release date will be sometime in March.

Might be a good topic to ask about for the guys heading down to San Diego soon!!

[EDIT]

So I was browsing the TMaG Japan website and saw this diagram. My Japanese is a little rusty, but from what I read it looks like the Tour Preferred (4 piece) and Tour Preferred X (5 piece) golf balls will feature a "Reactor Core," "Spin Mantle Technology" (inner layer to promote spin on approach shots), "Soft Tech Urethane Cover" and a "Taylormade Original 322 Seamless Dimple Pattern" (for more distance into the wind).

tpball2014_tech02.jpg

Driver: Looking for a new one for 2014! Covert? SLDR? Big Bertha? Any suggestions?!

3 wood: Taylormade RBZ 3-wood, stock

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 3 hybrid (19 degree) and 4 hybrid (22 degree)

Irons: Callaway X18 irons, 3-PW

Wedges: Cleveland 588DSG 54*, Titleist Vokey SM2 60*

Putter: Nike Unitized Leo

Shoes: Adidas TOUR360

Archived