Game Golf is here

PlaidJacket

Again - I know those things - I've learned how long I really am and I'm very inefficient with my 3 wood - the other thing I've learned is I'm very good with my driver and wedge so If there is a choice between hitting it into a tight area with driver to leave wedge rather than the fat area with 3 wood and hit 8 iron - I'll take the driver every time.

I like the strategy I have for working on what I know is a weakness - for the $199 I could buy two replacement hybrids and take a lesson - that would be worth more than Game golf for my game at this point - that does not mean that I don't see a value in this program - I think it's awesome - I wish I had it instead of having to learn so much of what it would teach me by trial and error - mostly error.

It's worth every single penny. Unless you are a scratch golfer, I guarantee you are missing something. This shows you everything.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, it's definitely worth it just to have solid data on what your misses are from different distances or with different clubs and to be able to break it down by the type of lie. It's easy enough to know whether or not your short game is solid and whether or not you can hit fairways or if you're a decent putter but the information that it provides on approach shots is invaluable. Here's a quick example from mine on approach shots between 150-175 yards over the last 10 rounds.

Screenshot (1).png

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I agree, it's definitely worth it just to have solid data on what your misses are from different distances or with different clubs and to be able to break it down by the type of lie. It's easy enough to know whether or not your short game is solid and whether or not you can hit fairways or if you're a decent putter but the information that it provides on approach shots is invaluable. Here's a quick example from mine on approach shots between 150-175 yards over the last 10 rounds.

Screenshot (1).png

That's some stout data!

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I think it's great - it is not worth 4 lessons from a quality teaching pro to correct the issues that you are having in your game however.

That's my point - if I have $200 to invest should I invest it in game golf or lessons?  I have a good sense of why I'm not a scratch golfer.

1.  I'm not long enough

2.  I don't hit enough greens from 120-200

So if I have $200 to spend where should I spend it?  On something that will tell me that I'm not long enough and don't hit enough greens from 120-200 or on the fix for not being long enough and missing the greens?

Now if I were regularly touting my driving distance as 260, when its right around 230 and I thought I hit 15 greens a round (once a year) then I'd go with the game golf.  Instead I'm going with the work on that yardage that I know I stink from by taking lessons.  If after that I haven't improved - I'll consider the Gamegolf or some other form of analysis to figure out where my issue lies - probably that I'm still not long enough - wish I could roll back the clock not only age wise but daily to have more time to work out so that my swing would get faster. :)

To be clear this looks like a great product - I want more detail than it has to offer, not less.  The only way to get the more is to do it myself for a while.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I think it's great - it is not worth 4 lessons from a quality teaching pro to correct the issues that you are having in your game however.

That's my point - if I have $200 to invest should I invest it in game golf or lessons? I have a good sense of why I'm not a scratch golfer.

1. I'm not long enough

2. I don't hit enough greens from 120-200

So if I have $200 to spend where should I spend it? On something that will tell me that I'm not long enough and don't hit enough greens from 120-200 or on the fix for not being long enough and missing the greens?

Now if I were regularly touting my driving distance as 260, when its right around 230 and I thought I hit 15 greens a round (once a year) then I'd go with the game golf. Instead I'm going with the work on that yardage that I know I stink from by taking lessons. If after that I haven't improved - I'll consider the Gamegolf or some other form of analysis to figure out where my issue lies - probably that I'm still not long enough - wish I could roll back the clock not only age wise but daily to have more time to work out so that my swing would get faster. :)

To be clear this looks like a great product - I want more detail than it has to offer, not less. The only way to get the more is to do it myself for a while.

It's course management vs swing. I'd prefer to hone my ability to play than my ability to swing. The prettiest swing doesn't mean the lowest score.

Zeasy - It's a great discussion. 

I would have to say than any player needs to work on both their ball striking and game management.  But trust me when I tell you that for my game today/right now - my ball striking needs to get better, first, either that or my chipping and putting which are already ahead of my handicap need to get super better because my dispersion needs to get tighter for me to get better.  I miss way too often in that 120-200 range - Game golf would benefit me in that I would see the pattern of my misses but I can also do that for myself and save the $199 so that once I've created my own chart I can go take a lesson and if need be purchase a couple of hybrids - I'm suspicious of the ones that I currently bag. 

I can't speak to anyone else - could be for you that management is the best way for you to pick up strokes - could be true for lots of players - I know that it is because I play with lots of guys whose management is their downfall.  Just recognize that your issues or their issues may not be another players issues.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Zeasy - It's a great discussion.

I would have to say than any player needs to work on both their ball striking and game management. But trust me when I tell you that for my game today/right now - my ball striking needs to get better, first, either that or my chipping and putting which are already ahead of my handicap need to get super better because my dispersion needs to get tighter for me to get better. I miss way too often in that 120-200 range - Game golf would benefit me in that I would see the pattern of my misses but I can also do that for myself and save the $199 so that once I've created my own chart I can go take a lesson and if need be purchase a couple of hybrids - I'm suspicious of the ones that I currently bag.

I can't speak to anyone else - could be for you that management is the best way for you to pick up strokes - could be true for lots of players - I know that it is because I play with lots of guys whose management is their downfall. Just recognize that your issues or their issues may not be another players issues.

No doubt. Game golf is not the treatment, it's the evaluation. But if you are saying that 2 lessons and a new hybrid will have the same benefit in the long run as game golf, I disagree. For one, game golf doesn't continually charge you for its services. A pro will tinker here and there for the next three years. Once you are out of the beginner stage, it would behoove you learn what works for you body and groove that.

I guess you've had bad experiences with pros, as have I. A good pro will recognize what his student is doing, what works, what his goal are......

I've had two great pros in my life, they've done very little tinkering with my swing beyond making sure something that was there hasn't gotten out of whack and giving me things to work on that help to reinforce what I do right so that it happens more frequently.. The more consistent I can be the better I'll score. I really like to be at a 90 percent efficiency rate with my shots. When I'm there I get between a 1-2.

As for pros I've also had a couple of crapy ones but I left after one lesson.

I'm often surprised at the negativity towards teaching pros not just here but any time I bring it up. Obviously lots of us have had bad experiences or you (all) know folks who have. You need to be just as selective about your golf pro as you are about your mechanic or doctor or any other professional in your life.

Again I think programs like Gamegolf are great. I need that lesson more. After the lesson and some work I will decide on the hybrids. I want to get back to a 2 this season.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I definitely see where you're coming from Rev. Maybe I'm in love with it because I've only been playing the game for three years and have a ton to learn about course management and finding my strengths and weaknesses now that I'm becoming somewhat consistent and by somewhat consistent I mean shooting in the mid 80s on a regular basis. So in reality I'm consistently inconsistent. There's no doubt in my mind that Game Golf might benefit someone like myself more than it would someone like you. When it really comes down to it, I'm fairly confident that I could be in the high 70s or low 80s consistently if my short game was where it needed to be. My scrambling percentage is 14% and because of that I bought my SCORs and I'm spending most my time now and going forward at working on it. It just helps me stay on the right track I guess. My scrambling in the last four rounds has been around 30% and in every round prior to that it was 10% or lower. 

I also agree with you about the negativity towards pros. Again, this is not an area that I'm experienced in. I've only had 5 lessons total from one of the instructors at my local driving range. I couldn't break 100 the first time I went to see him last April. He's not a PGA professional but he's a scratch golfer that has studied the golf swing for the past 40 something years so the PGA professional title isn't really a game changer for me. He knows my swing and my faults and how to keep me on track so as of now I have no reason to go elsewhere.

I'm with REV on this. I started this topic a year ago and went from euphoric to bummed in a short period of time. Granted I was a very early adopter of GG. It had a lot of issues for sure. And... I'm told and have read many bugs have been fixed and much improvement has been made. Good for them. I have no axe to grind. Initially I purchased the device thinking it would easy for me to record my club distances prior to my club fitting I had in August. But, at the time GG just didn't live up to my expectations. My hope. Too much remembering or forgetting to tap and too much after round editing. Quite frankly it was just distracting. Additionally, I have Zero interest in the social aspects of GG. Anyway...I ended up recording all my distances the new-old fashion way with using a laser range finder and my GPS device. I even borrowed a wheel measuring device to walk off distances. GG can do absolutely nothing for your swing. It can only record distances and identify shot patterns. ie... left, right, long, short. I see no need to attempt to tell a guy with a 3 handicap he is missing the boat if he doesn't use a GG. Like Rev I need some lessons with a good instructor. In fact, I have an appointment Feb. 15. I'll probably start taking a few more for a while after that. For all you guys out there that use Game Golf I say have fun and enjoy it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

It's far from perfect, but since I got it in September they've been continuously improving it which I'm a fan of. I had to return one because I broke the belt clip but their customer service was top notch. Also a fan of that. Is it a game changer for a 3 handicap? Probably not. I do think it would be a huge benefit to most amateurs and most amateurs tend to have handicaps of 17 or higher. With the amount of money that we spend on arguably unnecessary new clubs or training aids or whatever (I'm as guilty as anyone), I think it's worth the investment for most guys to give them a different perspective of their game. I enjoy spending 15 minutes on post round editing especially on courses that I frequent because I can see each shot in front of me and evaluate it and relate it to improving my knowledge of course management. There's been plenty of times where I look at a shot from the bird's eye view during editing and say WTF was I thinking trying that shot? It's been a great learning tool for me. Would I put it ahead of quality lessons from a good instructor or a full bag fitting from a master clubfitter? No.

I want to be clear to both Zeasy and JBil that I see the benefit of Gamegolf. I resurrected this thread because from my reading of Brodie's book plus my own observations of my game as the season wore on I realized that I was very good at certain things and not as good at others.

I had a great run the end of the season winning a one day tournament with a 73 and finishing 6th in a 27 hole tournament at -3. (Without handicap). Those scores were accomplished on a course that I am very familiar with and I shifted strategy on it mid season, going with more drivers, layed up on par 5s closer to the green and in one case trying hard from the tee to get home or close in two. That strategy or course management reduced the number of shots from 140-180 and instead left more approaches in my scoring range. I was hitting an extra green and more significantly my proximity to the hole improved.

Still there are a number of 140-180 shots to be faced and some courses that I play require lots more of them. That distance is an issue for me, it needs to be addressed and game golf can't do that for me.

I have two close friends who I play lots of golf with. Both are mid handicappers. The one's course management is impeccable. He wouldn't need game golf, he needs lessons, badly, particular he needs to learn how to chip and pitch. He also needs to learn how to manage his expectations. The other one needs help in course management and with his swing. I'd suggest Gamegolf for him in a heartbeat because it would gave him a visual of his mismanagement and also of his need for lessons.

I guess we haven't even gotten to how Gamegolf could help a player recognize what to reasonably expect from his game. I see lots of people flinging irons when they miss a green from 180 even though the ball finished in a good spot. Really? Touring pros average over 30 ft from the hole for that shot.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm with you buddy. Now if there was a Game Golf type product that addressed the mental aspects of the game, I'd buy it lol. It could have a bluetooth earpiece. I'm 240 out on a par 5 that's all carry over water and I tag my 3 wood and it starts yelling at me. That would improve my game.

Technology has really come a long way in the last few years for golf. It's amazing that you can have an automated stat tracker that only requires you to maintain a preshot routine. You also have an ability to work on your own game like never before.

I'm not going to argue about this, so I'm only going to add a few closing thoughts prefaced by the fact that I firmly believe anyone can benefit from a game golf like system.

You may not like it, but these trackers will not lie about your, like your subconscious will. They give you real, cold, hard facts, and it's up to you if you want to realize them, or not. In the end, you will do what you think is best for your game, but can you really tell yourself that doing the same thing over and over (it's the equipment. It's my swing) will eventually get you different results?

Game Golf doesn't care if you come back for lessons and sure doesn't care about your ego. What it will do is tell you vital info, like if the pin is on the left, you are better off laying up to 130 than 110. Or 120 from the rough may actually be easier than 150 from the fairway. At the end of the day it is about playing in fewer strokes, right?

It's course management vs swing. I'd prefer to hone my ability to play than my ability to swing. The prettiest swing doesn't mean the lowest score.

I can agree with this. My swing is much better than my handicap would dictate. I know I will be using my game golf much more this season so I can get a better picture of my misses and find a better way for me to score with my style of play. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'm with you buddy. Now if there was a Game Golf type product that addressed the mental aspects of the game, I'd buy it lol. It could have a bluetooth earpiece. I'm 240 out on a par 5 that's all carry over water and I tag my 3 wood and it starts yelling at me. That would improve my game.

Hell I want the app to break my club a la tin cups caddie this way it doesn't give me that option

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I can agree with this. My swing is much better than my handicap would dictate. I know I will be using my game golf much more this season so I can get a better picture of my misses and find a better way for me to score with my style of play.

You need to avoid penalty strokes.

There's your first piece of advice from game golf. :)

And yes your swing is way better than the scores indicate but I'm telling you limit the penalty strokes first and work on the short game and by summers end you will be a 14.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Technology has really come a long way in the last few years for golf. It's amazing that you can have an automated stat tracker that only requires you to maintain a preshot routine. You also have an ability to work on your own game like never before.

I'm not going to argue about this, so I'm only going to add a few closing thoughts prefaced by the fact that I firmly believe anyone can benefit from a game golf like system.

You may not like it, but these trackers will not lie about your, like your subconscious will. They give you real, cold, hard facts, and it's up to you if you want to realize them, or not. In the end, you will do what you think is best for your game, but can you really tell yourself that doing the same thing over and over (it's the equipment. It's my swing) will eventually get you different results?

Game Golf doesn't care if you come back for lessons and sure doesn't care about your ego. What it will do is tell you vital info, like if the pin is on the left, you are better off laying up to 130 than 110. Or 120 from the rough may actually be easier than 150 from the fairway. At the end of the day it is about playing in fewer strokes, right?

Yep and for me as for most guys with a handicap who've played lots of golf that means hitting more solid shots. Gamegolf can't help me with that. If it were an easy way to determine distance from the hole from 140-180 I'd be all in but I think I can do that on a par 3 course with a tape measure for a lot less. I know the answers to the questions you're asking for my game - trust me on that. It's how I shoot tons of low scores. I need to be able to hit better shots from 150 when I don't have the option of getting it to 130.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

What percentage of shots do you miss left from 140-150 yards?

Can't wait to hear how they work out for you. I'll be waiting!!!

Titleist AP1 irons

Titleist 913D 7.5 Degree, Stiff Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 Shaft

Wedges: Taylormade 60 d Titleist Vokey 54,56,58

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

10885218_10205856139265562_6140026354236

I haven't been paying much attention to this thread for a while. For all the guys who used it during their "early days", have they worked out the editing issues and lost data issues?

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I haven't been paying much attention to this thread for a while. For all the guys who used it during their "early days", have they worked out the editing issues and lost data issues?

I believe they have. I know they added a missed shot feature so if you forgot to tag on one shot but then tagged the next it would automatically add the shot in.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Absolutely. Editing takes all of 5 minutes now. Only issue I have run into is if you forget to tap, can be a pain sometimes to have to add 5 shots in a row across two holes. But that's user error. The editing problem was sorted out by the time I got the device and there's really no issues right now with it. Honestly it's even easy changing FIR and GIR if the satellite can't pick up you were 2 foot off the green. 

One other thing: the site uses google maps and for whatever reason there is, it did not pick up the course at all when it was zoomed in. After every shot I had to zoom out because the map would go black. Never had that problem before and think it's because the course is in a rural area. May be an issue if you play a course that doesn't have the best map coverage.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I've recorded 24 rounds with it since September and haven't had any issues. 

What percentage of shots do you miss left from 140-150 yards?

That's what I will find out with pencil, paper and diagram just as I did with the SCORS. For now I'm pretty certain that the majority of my misses are right. Like most better players my misses tend to come from getting "stuck inside". From there it's either block or flipping the wrists and over cooking the hook. Right now with my middle distance clubs it's a consistent block. 30 to 40 feet right and 15 feet short. It's not the end of the world but it is the difference between 3-4, 1-2 in terms of handicap.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

ATTN: Game Golfers - Today is your lucky day.

I have two complete Game Golf devices for sale. The price is $225.00 for both units including shipping in the U.S. (excluding Hawaii and Alaska) That's two complete units for $225 including shipping.

The facts: One of the Units has a slightly defective on/off button that is tricky to activate. But it works perfectly well. I only used one set of the club sensors and they are in factory condition. The other set I have used and you'll see some wear on them. Other than that these two devices are like new.

I'll be around most of the day if you'd like to make purchase arrangements or if I can answer any questions. Please send me a private message. (the chat feature on here is not working for me for some reason) Thanks

GameGolf.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived