Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

[Proposal] MGS Forum Tour

dru_

That is the running joke in our house. She goes out to do girl things, I stay home and clean the  house. At this point, she pretty much tells me to go whenever I ask, but....  my kids are also a good bit older...

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

summer's in Vancouver are great, wish I had joined the forum earlier and played with you guys last year! hope i'll make it out to some of these events in 2014 though :)

i've been to MN before during the summers and it's a great place to be, lake calhoun is real nice :) would love to visit again!

Driver: Looking for a new one for 2014! Covert? SLDR? Big Bertha? Any suggestions?!

3 wood: Taylormade RBZ 3-wood, stock

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 3 hybrid (19 degree) and 4 hybrid (22 degree)

Irons: Callaway X18 irons, 3-PW

Wedges: Cleveland 588DSG 54*, Titleist Vokey SM2 60*

Putter: Nike Unitized Leo

Shoes: Adidas TOUR360

I am fairly sure that this will fall on deaf ears, but for a location that is 1) easy to get to with fairly cheap airfares and direct flights from most big cities, 2) plentiful and varied hotel and resort options, 3) dirt cheap golf on dozens of championship golf courses and 4) oodles of stuff to do when not golfing, consider ORLANDO in the middle of the summer.

I know, I know, the heat and humidity.  But unlike cold, wind or rain, which can adversely affect play or the ability to play, heat is really just a state of mind.  I'm a transplanted Wisconsinite and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that golf does not shut down in the summer.  We golf twice a week year round and we have never had to cancel or quit because of the heat.

Here's the deal.  We tee off between 8 and 9, done by noon or one.  Afternoon thunderstorms don't start usually until after 2 or 3.  You drink 6 or more bottles of water, have 4 golf gloves to go through (or two Hirzls), a couple of towels and a good, light colored wicking shirt.  You will sweat, but rarely will you be truly uncomfortable.

You can get tee times on some fantastic courses for $30 to $40 bucks.  I would assume that revkev and fozcycle can attest to at least some of this.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

That is the running joke in our house. She goes out to do girl things, I stay home and clean the  house. At this point, she pretty much tells me to go whenever I ask, but....  my kids are also a good bit older...

It's failproof.  She knows what I'm doing and doesn't even care as long as I do some cleaning.  The last 2 times she has went out of town I had both kids by myself for 3-5 days.  She came home to the house spotless both times.  I told her I "didn't want you to come from a long trip and have to worry about a messy house." HaHa,  I could do no wrong for a good couple weeks each time.  I prob didn't properly take advantage.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I am fairly sure that this will fall on deaf ears, but for a location that is 1) easy to get to with fairly cheap airfares and direct flights from most big cities, 2) plentiful and varied hotel and resort options, 3) dirt cheap golf on dozens of championship golf courses and 4) oodles of stuff to do when not golfing, consider ORLANDO in the middle of the summer.

I know, I know, the heat and humidity.  But unlike cold, wind or rain, which can adversely affect play or the ability to play, heat is really just a state of mind.  I'm a transplanted Wisconsinite and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that golf does not shut down in the summer.  We golf twice a week year round and we have never had to cancel or quit because of the heat.

Here's the deal.  We tee off between 8 and 9, done by noon or one.  Afternoon thunderstorms don't start usually until after 2 or 3.  You drink 6 or more bottles of water, have 4 golf gloves to go through (or two Hirzls), a couple of towels and a good, light colored wicking shirt.  You will sweat, but rarely will you be truly uncomfortable.

You can get tee times on some fantastic courses for $30 to $40 bucks.  I would assume that revkev and fozcycle can attest to at least some of this.

I'm going to to one up this one and say we should consider world woods as a venue for the fl/ga group. Two top hundred courses you can play venues and if we did summer the stay and play options are ridiculously cheap. Even if we waited for the October shoulder season it could be spectacular. They have villas and transportation to the courses. The only downside is a lack of places to eat but we could just do our own.

I love the idea!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Jax,

Here is my issue with that, this is very similar to what we did in Vancouver, but people were staying in 3 or 4 locations, we played 18 holes a day and spent half the day driving to and from restaurants and golf courses.  On the other hand, the Texas Open, we stayed, ate and slept on the course.  36 holes no driving, no discussion about where to eat, no site seeing adventures, just golf and fellowship, and RAIN.  but that was not the plannings fault.  18 month drought ended that weekend with 9 inches of rain on Thursday evening to Saturday morning.

And while flights and golfing is relatively inexpensive in Orlando, or Myrtle Beach or a number of other places, the other stuff adds up.  Add rental cars and the toll ways around Orlando.

By picking an area in the central US we open it up to a significant number more people who could drive there.  8-10 hour drive.  This means no rental car, or flight and a on site stay and restaurant means less travel during the day.

What do you think of this?

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I thought that the original point was to pick several central locations 3 or 4 that are convenient to where we are located.

When I look at where the active guys are located it seems like Texas, Fl/Ga, Ohio, MN/WI, somewhere western US or Canada are the logical spots. Jax and I are saying Orlando area in the summer makes sense for our region. If you live in the southern US you learn to tolerate the heat.

At any rate I couldn't see one spot. I like several locations/dates come where and when you can. It's a great concept.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Yes, that was the original points as stated in 2012.  But this is the reason that I did not pick Florida as my favorite.  As you know, I came to Orlando in 2012 and played the World Woods with you and that was the first talk, I am aware of for the MGS Tours.  I liked Florida, but Florida is not a drive to state for most.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived