Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

TaylorMade "Welcome to the Tour Preferred Family"

Summit23

You're grip is so strong you kinda have to hold off the release or you would pull hook everything I bet. But I don't know what you can get away with after breaking your wrist.

That's part of the problem. I've went to a neutral grip and I'm still holding off. Like I said, lots of work to do before it gets warm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purdy Jay -- real purdy...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Very nice, how's the dg tour issue compared to the c tapers?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

They are so much smoother and lower launching.

I'll have to try them. While I love my c tapers I'm always open to something that will perform better

Also that 3i is just filthy long lol

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

A few quick observations, after one session on the Trackman.

CBs - pure distance, built into a beautiful package.

MCs - a perfect blend of distance, accuracy, and consistency....again all in a beautiful package.

MBs - absolutely gorgeous and I feel very confident looking down on them. They are the definition of consistency. Every shot I hit with them finished within 3yds distance wise.

image.jpg

A few quick observations, after one session on the Trackman.

CBs - pure distance, built into a beautiful package.

MCs - a perfect blend of distance, accuracy, and consistency....again all in a beautiful package.

MBs - absolutely gorgeous and I feel very confident looking down on them. They are the definition of consistency. Every shot I hit with them finished within 3yds distance wise.

image.jpg

Just needs some paintfill to finish them off

Those are some sweet looking irons. I'd piss myself if I saw that locker show up at my house. You must have been like a kid on Christmas when you opened that thing.  LOL

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

I, too, got one of these thanks to MGS and will be posting pics of mine tomorrow (sorry,  guys, I haven't had a free moment other than to post iPhone pics on twitter, and they're a disservice to these packages.)

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

got to demo the full range of Tour Preferred irons at the Vancouver Golf Show this weekend and they are awesome. you've bought a great set of clubs!!!! enjoy!!

and your 3i is crazy long lol!

Driver: Looking for a new one for 2014! Covert? SLDR? Big Bertha? Any suggestions?!

3 wood: Taylormade RBZ 3-wood, stock

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 3 hybrid (19 degree) and 4 hybrid (22 degree)

Irons: Callaway X18 irons, 3-PW

Wedges: Cleveland 588DSG 54*, Titleist Vokey SM2 60*

Putter: Nike Unitized Leo

Shoes: Adidas TOUR360

I've been trying to find time to take pics of the package I got. Alas, the ones from my iphone will have to suffice until I get back from Tampa. I've been rushing to get everything ready for that trip that honestly I forgot to take additional pictures.

The day it arrived was odd indeed. Our roads had been basically done due to snow for a few days. Power was still on and everything was fine but the roads were screwed. I'd worked 3 days straight for 24 hours a day at the power plant. I got home finally and took a nice hot shower (I'd been showering with lukewarm water for 3 days, lol). So I get done and dressed and notice there's a bag of garbage that needs to go out. I go outside and a monster of a box was next to the garbage can under the overhang. Wtf was the initial reaction then "how the hell am I gonna get this in and what is it". I hadn't ordered anything that large so I was thinking unless someone really wanted to package the driver I bought ( for the shaft), I had no clue. The return address was to someone's name but it had my name on it, so rock on!

Cracked it open and this awaited me:

B414DE7E-E337-4882-9815-276877B1ECA4_zps

Wow is all I could manage. The cabinet is nice. It wasn't pressed wood with a laminate over it. Nope, solid.

So I crack it open and there's 3 irons (one 6 iron from each family) nice and neatly wrapped. Tons of bubble wrap and plastic on everything. So I unwrapped them. The had and "Welcome to the Tour Preferred Family" letter was on the top shelf along with a TP/SLDR strap back hat. Nice touch.

42A18A06-683B-40E3-A84E-273F577580BD_zps

D3F5A2B8-0C81-4500-B891-79F873420104_zps

34ACC899-0F82-4C5A-B080-295A16A5BF2F_zps

I've hit a few shots with each club, but nothing on a launch monitor yet. I will say they're crisp, all 3 lines (CB, MC, MB). If I still had the game and time to practice with them, the MB's would be my next club. I want to take the time to go demo the MC and CB and potentially order a combo set if the numbers are right. Hopefully these won't be like the other SpeedPocket irons and have a gap where they transition to not having a speed pocket.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Colt, Tony, and the gang at MGS as well as TMag for the opportunity to receive this package and demo the clubs.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Seems more like art than something to actually hit.

Congrats guys, pretty cool stuff.

Does the blade have any mizuno butter in it?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

• 1 month later...

I've been hitting these when I've been practicing hitting balls around the house. What I have found is that to me, the MC both fits the eye the best while still having a good bit of forgiveness. The MB, obviously are the least forgiving yet feel the most crisp on flushed shots. I like the CB as well and could see myself going with a combo of CB in the 5, 6 and 7 irons with the MC going through the rest of the bag. I will also say on flushed shots, the MC and CB carry 5 yards further for me than the MB. Why? I'm not certain other than it could possibly be the speed pocket present in those. Which is where my concern lies, whether or not the transition point where the speed pocket disappears would have a larger gap versus them all either having the pocket or not having it. If I were guessing, I'd guess yes and could see myself bending the loft a degree or two strong in the non-pocketed irons. Overall, though, these will sell like hot cakes for at least 8-12 months unless something is released to replace them. Only thing I'd like to see different is the TP badge brought back instead of spelling it out. Regardless, I think TM has a winner on their hands.

In The Bag

Archived