Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Adidas Adicross III Review

JohnBarry

Hey, who loves golf shoes?..........................................................................

We all love golf shoes in some way, shape, form or size. Thanks to great folks at Rock Bottom Golf ( www.rockbottomgolf.com ) you can enjoy golf equipment, apparel, shoes, balls and gadgets at a discount. So when I saw the new Adicross III shoes on sale for 69.95, I had to make a purchase.

P2230003.jpg

The box wasted little time traveling less than 45 miles from their warehouse to my front door, just in time for the weather to break some, and my review ( on going ) of the Cobra Bio Cell Irons.

P2230004.jpg

Two boxes of sneaker head, golfer fiend's gold. Like unwrapping a present on Christmass morning that you already know what it is, and know you will love it!

I give you, the Adicross III:

P2230005.jpg

The design from the Adicross I ( which I was currently golfing and loved ) has evolved with feedback of many golfers I assume. The design is more modern, more sneakerish, and more aggressive from the first generation.

P2230006.jpg

Classic Adidas style, meets street function, meets on course preformance! My first impression is that of what I consider my better half, the stylish JohnnMorePants side. This shoe screams old school Run DMC, 1980s hip hop meets, well, the golfer! Now I have found myself wearing this shoe to work, along with my golf clothing. I changed my idea of "work" clothes, shirts and ties, etc, to golf clothing for work. A business casual meets sports nut, and decided to along buy clothing that I can wear on the course and at work. Since shirt and tie was never required anyway, this change spot on for me. I go to lunch, and people as me "you just finish playing golf?" I love it, because if I can too feed up with my first job, I will head to the course to blow off some steam. I find myself wearing these shoes daily, so a follow up report on their hard knob spikes will ensure.

P2230008.jpg

Great spikes they are, there is no slipping on the course, and I know that for sure because my first 2 rounds of the year have been wet cart path only marathons of finding lost balls, skipping through the woods and owning my high handicap! These babies are great off the tee, in the fairway and of course, super in the rough. I also feel I am little lower to the ground in these than my Adicross I's.

P2230011.jpg
Again, sleek, agressive traction never looked so good!

But a side view is all the style pictures for this shoe, heck no, enjoy a rear view ( dirty people, a rear view of the shoe! )

P2230007.jpg

How good do they look in White? glad you asked, because as tempted as I was to buy 2 pairs in Black, I didn't:

P2230010.jpg

You say John, give me another view of that sexy shoe? I say of course! ( a pun )

P2230009.jpg

Front shot with no nudity!

So let me wrap this up for everyone.

Fit a 9 out of 10

Not sure how you get a 10 out of 10 in fit unless the shoes would mold to your feet when you put them on. Saying that, this shoe is perfect for narrow and medium width golfers, but of course, they do offfer a wide fit also for you fred Flintsone folks!

Style 9.50 out 10

A 9.5 out of a 10 in pretty dern close to being perfect, and for me these shoes are just that, almost, so close, just right dead on, almost perfect. I will of course be taking them to a 10 out of 10 with matching laces for each outfit I wear!! that's a 10 baby!

Function 10 out of 10

Function is a 10 because of the ability to grip the ground, preform as good if not better than any soft spiked shoe, and bam, walk out to the car in them, grab a beer and some lunch in them, hell, go to the mall in them. Function is both on and off the course now in golf, and spikeless shoes have a glaring advantage!

Total: GO BUY THIS SHOE

Long division and dividing fractions was never my thing, so go out try a pair on, or heck, don't be afraid to order them online in your size, because you will love them. And, tell them the guy in the Pink pants told you to buy them, cause I am!

P2230012.jpg

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Wow! The white ones look just like my Ecco Streets......and the price was prob a lot lower as well.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 5 years later...