Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

True Aim - Still around? Anyone using?

A couple years ago True Aim was a pretty big deal on the forum.  They gave out a bunch of kits and everyone was pretty excited about it.  I remember getting a kit and being very excited to test it out, but it was also right around the time I was looking at new drivers.  So like many things it got put on a shelf to test out later when I got the driver situation settled.

Fast forward to yesterday.  I've been building a new office in my basement and I finally got everything done and started moving in.  Low and behold while cleaning out my old office I found my True Aim kit and realized I've never used it.  So I started looking around online and their website is still up, but I haven't anything about them or from them in a few years. 

So just wondering if anyone that got a kit ever used it and what the results were.  Are you still using it?  Did it work?

Here is a link to Dave's original review and article.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/4744-true-aim-the-next-big-innovation-in-driver-technology/

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I bought a kit early last year and tried to use it but I did not like any of the designs and did not see any positive results. I like the crown completely one color solid, no marks. I guess the True Aim kit helped me figure that out so not a total waste.

• SPY VIP

Not sure what is going on with them these days. I heard rumors of working with an OEM, and then nothing. I still have the prototype stickers on one of my notebooks, but nothing on my driver. The i25 racing stripes made me think of true aim a week or so ago.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I've got the link for them bookmarked, thinking I'd use it whenever I changed drivers, but forgot it about it last year when I won the Titleist I'm using now.  The concept sounds interesting, but it wasn't a real high priority for me to check out.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived