TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mr Theoo and any other Columbus OH golfers

jaxbeachpackerfan

Question is local fitters or good golf shops.  My son is moving to Columbus to work at the A&F Campus, starting in 3 weeks.  His birthday is Friday, he needs new irons badly, and I'm thinking of getting him a decent set of irons.  I'd like to send him to a shop where he can hit various brands and then get appropriate lie, flex and length.  He's got the swing to be a low teens handicap or better, but hasn't played more than 8-10 rounds a year since high school, so he currently scores in the high 90s, low 100s.  Also, would like to pass along a couple of recommendations of good places to play--he's still at the stage where  low greens fees are a priority.

I recall that you were fitted with your clubs, Mr. Theoo, but I gave up looking for any posts about that after scanning 15 pages of your posts.  

Any thoughts?  Much appreciated.

BTW, the most challenging aspect of his move is locating to the heart of Buckeye country. He bleeds Badger Red, graduated from Dayton undergrad, and, unfortunately, also bleeds Maize & Blue from his mother, the ex-wife.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Golf ect. In Polaris is the best place. Jason in very nice and it's never super busy so he will be able to take his time.

If he decides he wants tmag there is a

performance center here too that has every shaft.

Most of the public courses you can get good deals on golfnow but if not they're not too expensive.

Send me a pm and I can give you my number for him to contact me anytime he wants to play or something, even if he does support those teams up north lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

There's also a Callaway fitting studio at Golf Depot over in Gahanna. And if I remember right, SpeederTS is a TMag Tuned Performance guy working in Ohio but not sure where. Lotus golf at Four Seasons Golf Dome carrys Tour Edge and some of the Krank and other hard to find goodies. We're also about 35 minutes from the Golfworks.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Archived