Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

My Mizunos

HighFade

JPX 825 Pro

This is my SW, PW, and 5 iron. I was at the range for a couple hours, and every shot was on the center of the face. These things ROCK

image.jpg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

It's been said before: It's not the arrow, it's the Indian.  I took a series of lessons at an indoor facility that has the 825's (pro's and non-pro) as the house irons, and when I hit them, they were great, but I'm not the player you are.  I hit my share of toe/heel shots.  When I made good contact, I hit them farther than any other iron I've hit, but if I hit off the toe, they'd be 20 yards short.

So, good on you for the good swing, and good luck with the job and the tournaments this season.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I have a set of 800 pros - my only issue is the size of the heads on the short irons - I hit them fine but can't get used to the size of the heads - that's the only reason why I'm not gaming them at this time.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

MP59Set.jpg

They make a nice iron. I just need to get these PX shafts out of these and get my C-tapers in there!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I'll show my ignorance here. What are c tapers and what do they do?

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

I'll show my ignorance here. What are c tapers and what do they do?

Iron shafts and they help with players who launch the ball too high and spin it too much

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

As far as I'm concerned Mizuno just makes quality equipment. I had my eye on the 829 Pro a while back. Hit them and thought they felt really good. Now if I could just find the face as consistently as HF I'd be set. I've been making some corrections on my swing and right now my game is going the wrong direction. Got to stick with it though.

(Edit: Notice I changed my Handicap from 8.5 to 9.2) Told ya.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Your swing is right there in the dirt. Go find it!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Iron shafts and they help with players who launch the ball too high and spin it too much

Always wondered what they were, sounds like they may be useful for me but wont touch them till I one have the money and two speak with my teaching pro :)

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Iron shafts? You mean steel shafts? I have steel shafted KBS. Not the same?

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

As far as I understand they are a particular design of steel shaft

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Iron shafts? You mean steel shafts? I have steel shafted KBS. Not the same?

No but they are made by kbs.

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Which is funny, because I'm not super high launch or spin in general, and they work really well for me and was fit into them. Dispersion is awesome.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Which is funny, because I'm not super high launch or spin in general, and they work really well for me and was fit into them. Dispersion is awesome.

I play them as well but don't necessarily spin the ball too much. I just love the feel of them.

Ya I had some 825 pros and I loved theme, then traded for mp-64's. And I love them better. Both on KBS tours. But I'm a mizzie guy for a long time now

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

A teammate got the MP 54 irons, those things are great looking.

Totally agree. Those are beautiful looking irons.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Ya I had some 825 pros and I loved theme, then traded for mp-64's. And I love them better. Both on KBS tours. But I'm a mizzie guy for a long time now

I finally got away from trying DG shafts in the Mizunos and like the feel much better now.

64's look nice, and the M4's are tempting, although maybe a little too much club for me. Damn they're purdy though.

"Glute Activator"

Everytime I see this post topic I get The Knack "My Sharona" riff stuck in my head and keep singing "My Mizunos".

Sorry for getting it stuck in everyone else's heads.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Sorry for getting it stuck in everyone else's heads.

doh

Browsing in the local shop on the used section I picked up a set of MP-59 about 6 weeks ago, they have the KBS Tour-S and looked like they were barely hit. Love love them, lucky find as that was the shafts/heads I was interesting in. Plus they were in the P-5i short set which is what I wanted. Plan is to add the H4 4 iron to replace the old hybrid 4 I carry now.

I guess its the combination of the KBS being slightly lighter than the DG and also the head of the 59 having that nice weight to them, but I really like how I can feel the club head and a little of the shaft loading.

Jfurr,

Before you grab a 4hybrid, try out a 5hybrid. I have 4-pw, and a 4hybrid. Typically you'll get more distance with a hybrid, and it'll leave a gap in your bag.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Well, I said goddbye to my recently acquired Mizuno JPX800 HD's.  I got them new in December for $260.....took a while to get adjusted as the lofts were weaker and they were steel shafts.  I lost a club in distance.  Got adjusted and in early Feb I shot a 77 on a short course (Babe Zahairias in Tampa 5500 yds).

Shortly thereafter, I was provided with the Cobra Bio Cell irons in "Wildcat Blue" steel shafts to review them.  Review is done and posted....decided to keep them in the bag.  So I took the Mizzies to Dick's this past weekend, where they gave me $411 for them as a trade in towards new 2014 equipment (2014 Bio Cell Driver & Fairway Wood).  I just could not pass it up.  I was given $274 for trade-in plus an extra 50% yielding the $411 value.  

I really liked them, but found the Cobra's easier for me to hit, especially the 4 iron.

Maybe there is another Mizuno set for me down the road.....who knows.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

We had a mizuno demo day at the club this weekend. Man did I like the 64's, I would have liked to get them but I'm so broke. I hit the h4 four iron too and was suprised that I didn't hit it any better than the mp64 4 iron. It's weird too because I was looking for more height in my long irons and the h4's didn't do it for me. I didn't see any difference with the 54's either and they had too much offset. Man the 64's felt soft.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I like the new 54's..............gamed the 53's a couple years ago and liked their feel......but the lofts were too weak for my game.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It's gonna take a lot to get me away from my 825s but the TM CBs are soooo nice

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Archived