Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Question for people who work in the golf industry.

mnfats95

It always crosses my mind during the day when I am hating my job the most that I should just give it up and find something to work at that involves golf. I'll never be good enough to play golf for a living, but I often think I could fit in somewhere, even with my current skill set.

When I started my career I really loved to do what I now do for a living. Now that I've been at it for 20 years, it has sapped much of the enthusiasm that I used to have for my chosen area of expertise. I suppose that this might happen for anyone who has done something long enough, but I would love to know from the people who work in the industry if choosing golf as a job has diminished your love of the game?

I love to golf. I almost never turn down an opportunity to play. I love everything about it. Being outdoors, being with friends and or strangers, hitting the best shot of the day, etc..... I would hate to think that if I ever had the opportunity to work in the industry that it would dull the shine.

So that being said, those of you who do something with golf as a living, do you still love to go out and play 18? Do you find yourself tired of it at the end of the day and the last thing you want to do is go play after work?

I know that last thing I want to do when my work day is done is mess with stuff I worked on all day. I think it would be impossible for me to get tired of golf, but perhaps there is a limit.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

I realise this isn't really answering your question but thought you might like to give it a read as it touches on bits you have said. http://thedanplan.com/

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

It truly depends on the job and the individual. I have worked in the golf business for over 20 years. I almost never play anymore. I used to play around 300 times a year. Part of that is getting older, and more demands on my spare time, but a really large part for me is that when I leave the shop, I want to think about something else.. Like I said, it depends on the job and the individual.

Good luck. 

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Went through the same thing years ago so I made a career change to an industry that allows me to play a lot of golf and during the summers I play a lot of golf for work. Win win for me.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Archived