Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Is it? or It's Time for a New Tiger Woods

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

Some people don't care for Tiger, but I for one am far more glued to any tournament he's in the running for. With the possibility of 4 Tigerless majors upon us this year I just can't get overly excited about watching them.

My favorite tournament is coming up in 2 weeks and although Augusta always makes for exciting finishes, I really feel without the presence of the once world's most dominant player it won't be the same. Even with Tiger back it appears his game may not be up to par to lead tournament after tournament again, but I'll take a contending Tiger any day just for the buzz he brings to the broadcasts.

With that said though I can't help but think - Is it? or It's time for a new Tiger to emerge.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I think that Tiger needs to look at his swing and get it to be less violent on his body as has been said by many people over the last few years.  Tiger should suck up his pride and give ol' Butch a call and start that relationship again since I think he may be the guy that can get Tiger back to dominant again.  At this rate Tiger will go down as the best tournament player in the history of the game and Jack will be the best major tournament player.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Is it time?

Tiger is a once in a generation player - those of us who are a bit longer in the tooth had Jack, the younger guys had Tiger, there is a 25 year gap between their careers, I'm thinking you can expect the same thing again.

I've always enjoyed the Majors regardless of who was playing in them.  But I'm hardly a casual golf fan - I understand taht the game does better when Tiger is playing or contending.  The next decade plus will bring writers and fans longer for another Tiger to emerge.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm just waiting for all the people to come out next weekend and say that (insert Masters champ here) played some exquisite golf over the four days but without Tiger in the field the win seems lackluster or something to that effect. They'll still find a way to bring his name up during the back nine on Sunday. I'm moving further from "is it" to "it's" time every day. I would love to see him come back for one more truly inspired and remarkable season nearing the early 2000s run but this time I don't think he's got enough wear and tear left that the body can take. Kind of like an NFL running back nearing the decade in the league mark.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

I'm not a tiger fan, I could care less if he wins ever again, but you guys are correct, because he is out, anytime someone's wins, all the tiger lovers will say that it doesn't mean anything because tiger didn't play. I actually enjoy watching tournaments more when he ain't there, because you actually get to watch other people play golf.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I agree with most of the comments here.

Personally, I think the game is so I much better when he is in contention. Just to see one of the greats of the game out there competing, and showing his dominance is a thing of beauty. I truly hope he comes back and can finish his career how he started it.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I like Tiger and I'm bummed he's going to be out. But players that win when he isn't playing don't deserve an * next to their win. A win is a win. I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that it is pretty lame that golf channel devoted an entire day yesterday (and many outlets continue today) to covering extensively a guy who is not going to be playing. There are so many awesome players right now doing incredible things, to table all of that and cover Tiger the way CNN has been covering floating debris in the ocean! It's insulting to the balance of the players. Tiger not playing is huge news, cover it - put a little ticker on the bottom of the screen and then you carry on.

I like Tiger and I'm bummed he's going to be out. But players that win when he isn't playing don't deserve an * next to their win. A win is a win. I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that it is pretty lame that golf channel devoted an entire day yesterday (and many outlets continue today) to covering extensively a guy who is not going to be playing. There are so many awesome players right now doing incredible things, to table all of that and cover Tiger the way CNN has been covering floating debris in the ocean! It's insulting to the balance of the players. Tiger not playing is huge news, cover it - put a little ticker on the bottom of the screen and then you carry on.

I have a friend who is in the upper and I mean way upper echelon of the news industry. It's the entertainment business. You have to trust me on that. They will air what gets the most people to watch. A thread like this is great for us but hardly representative of the general public. We are watching golf with or without Tiger. We know how difficult the game is and that you can hardly fit a razor blade between the 1st and 100th best players in the world.

I suspect that among us we are watching golf with or without Tiger. I loved it when he dominated. I don't know if I liked him but I sure liked watching him play. I seriously doubt his ability to play like that again. He may sneak one more major in somewhere down the line but that's about it. In the end it's been the putter that killed him.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

We like winners. We really like people who dominate something. Whether we are pissed at them for doing it or amazed by them doing it, it creates conversation and discussion. Both sides of the fence win when Tiger plays. People that dislike him want to see him fail and love it. People that like him want to see him return to the glory years. Either way it's good because it means more viewers and more attention for the sport from the casual players/viewers out there.

If he is truly done winning 5 times a year then we will all be restless until the next polarizing figure emerges to force these arguments.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Tiger was awesome to watch when he was in his prime.

Some of these LPGA players bomb the drives out 270 yards straight down the middle. Of course, like everyone else here... I avg over 300 yards off the tee so that doesn't really impress me.  :blush:

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

Tiger is/was remarkable. Players like him only come around rarely. I've been watching golf a long time. As a kid I used to watch with my Dad starting back in the 60's. On a B&W TV set!! I can't recall seeing Hogan. Sneed? Yes. I have a special affection for a lot of those old timers. They weren't the rich super stars like we have today. They were cool. Country club hanger-outters wearing banlon shirts, smoking cigarettes, gambling, and drinking straight liquor with perhaps a splash of water and an ice cube or two. Huh! There certainly are a lot of really good players today too. I just wish for once someone would show up on the first tee wearing a wrinkled shirt, crumpled hat and a cig hanging off his lips. He'd crush out the cig on the tee box, shake hands with his competitor and tell him the loser buys the drinks afterwards. Let's play.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I have a friend who is in the upper and I mean way upper echelon of the news industry. It's the entertainment business. You have to trust me on that. They will air what gets the most people to watch.

I hear you brother. It's harder and harder to find legitimate news outlets anymore. But that's a story for another day.

Tiger is/was remarkable. Players like him only come around rarely. I've been watching golf a long time. As a kid I used to watch with my Dad starting back in the 60's. On a B&W TV set!! I can't recall seeing Hogan. Sneed? Yes. I have a special affection for a lot of those old timers. They weren't the rich super stars like we have today. They were cool. Country club hanger-outters wearing banlon shirts, smoking cigarettes, gambling, and drinking straight liquor with perhaps a splash of water and an ice cube or two. Huh! There certainly are a lot of really good players today too. I just wish for once someone would show up on the first tee wearing a wrinkled shirt, crumpled hat and a cig hanging off his lips. He'd crush out the cig on the tee box, shake hands with his competitor and tell him the loser buys the drinks afterwards. Let's play.

Unfortunately this type of persona went away when the tournament winnings (and corporate sponsorships) started hitting the million+ dollar mark. Maybe way before then. Too bad, too.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

AMEN!!!

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I posted on another blog that anyone that had Master's tickets and thought that the tournament would not be worth a hoot without Tiger could sell me their tickets with a 50% markup. So far no takers and by the way the other blog took my post off after a few days

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

How about Lexi as the new Tiger!!!!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

How about Lexi as the new Tiger!!!!

She sure was impressive to say the least yesterday. And what a violent powerful golf swing

G

Perfect description of John Daly.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Perfect description of John Daly.

Yeah... sorta. Except Daly had no class and never had the 60's cool factor. Ya know.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Yeah... sorta. Except Daly had no class and never had the 60's cool factor. Ya know.

He has his own cool factor. Well, had. Now it's kinda sad. Proof that booze and women can wreck your life.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

He has his own cool factor. Well, had. Now it's kinda sad. Proof that booze and women can wreck your life.

Kind of reminds me of the pitcher Tug McGraw I think it was. He won the world series once and then later on went broke. When a reporter asked him about blowing all his money he said, "I didn't blow any of it. I spend it on good whiskey and women."

Archived