TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ashworth Golf Unveils Major Series Apparel Collection

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

Ashworth Majors Series-1.jpg

Ashworth is, of late, the undisputed champion of apparel media kits. Don't believe me, just use the search feature right up there in the top right.

This time they're back with an entire collection of limited edition shirts to commemorate the Major Championship victories of Ashworth staffers (even those who weren't Ashworth staffers at the time they won...small detail, right?).

Have you ever wished you could dress like Paul Azinger? Now you can. The same is true for Justins Leonard and Rose, Stewart Cink, Retief Goosen, and of course Freddy Couples. Each shirt in the collection is limited with the total quantity produced matching the staffer's winning tournament score.

Ashworth Majors Series-4.jpg

That's actually kinda cool...I suppose...for a shirt.

As is often the case with Ashworth, the packaging is well done, and for a change the word "Embargo" actually adds to the mystique (Ashworth is politely asking that I don't peek at any of the other shits before each embargo lifts). In hindsight Ashworth probably should have thought about that before they put a photo of the guys wearing their shirts on the damn box. I'm cautiously encouraged by what I've seen of the Cink and Rose shirts.

Check out the individual numbering as well as the detail on the 1 green-threaded button.

Ashworth Majors Series-9.jpg

Other cool little details include each player's signature inside the neck and the Major Series patch on the right sleeve. Each of the Ashworth Champions will wear his shirt during the tournament he won.

As the Masters Winner in the crowd (or box), Freddy Couples is up first. His shirt is limited to 275 units (mine is #26 - 10 better than last year). Retail Price is $100.

Full Press Release after the rest of the pics.

Ashworth Majors Series-2.jpg

Ashworth Majors Series-3.jpg

Ashworth Majors Series-5.jpg

Ashworth Majors Series-6.jpg

Ashworth Majors Series-7.jpg

Ashworth Majors Series-8.jpg

Ashworth Majors Series-10.jpg

Ashworth Majors Series-11.jpg

Ashworth Golf Unveils Majors Series Apparel Collection

Limited-Edition Apparel Pieces Inspired by Major Championship Wins of Six Ashworth Tour Staff Professionals

Carlsbad, Calif. (April 3, 2014) – Ashworth Golf, the most authentic golf brand dedicated to bringing modern style to the golf course, today announced the launch of the Ashworth Majors Series Apparel Collection, a set of six limited-edition golf shirts designed to commemorate the major victories by six of the company's Tour staff professionals, including Fred Couples, Justin Rose, Stewart Cink, Justin Leonard, Paul Azinger and Retief Goosen.

Incorporating elements specific to each player's major tournament win, Ashworth designers utilized premium fabrics and unique contrast threads throughout to ensure a piece distinctly representative of each player. Each shirt in the series is individually numbered inside of the placket, with the total quantity produced matching the winning player's total score.

The first Ashworth Major Series golf shirt in the collection is dedicated to Fred Couples' victory at the 1992 Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club.

freddy (Custom).jpg

Limited to 275 units, Couples' timeless design includes his signature embroidered inside the back neck, green contrast piping on the neck and has the historic date of his major victory stamped on the second placket button. Couples will wear the specially-designed golf shirt during first round play at The Masters Tournament this year.

“I've worn Ashworth on tour since they started in 1987 and believe it's the best shirt ever made,” said Couples. “Wearing Ashworth is very special to me and I'm excited to wear this new golf shirt at The Masters, where I won my first championship.”

Available in limited quantities, the Fred Couples Ashworth Majors Series Collection will be available exclusively at ashworthgolf.com at an MSRP of $100 USD. 

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

It's cool, but jeez, $100 for a shirt? These collectible editions are a bit much...

Yes, but it's "Limited Edition". ;)

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Archived