TESTERS WANTED! ×

A Season of Change: Why You Suck at Golf

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

"It's not working. It's just not working" - George Costanza

GolfSpy X and I often talk about writing a book titled why you suck at golf. Now of course some of you reading this don't actually suck at golf, and so this thread may prove to be of little practical value. For the rest of you however...maybe, just maybe my attempt at embracing a season of change, will encourage you to do likewise.

For many of us there are tangible reasons why we suck at golf. For some, like myself (and GolfSpy Dave) life dealt us a cruel hand which limited our potential from the beginning. Me...I didn't pick up my first golf club with any real intent until after my 30th birthday. 30 wasted years...my fate in golf was largely sealed before my first swing. Dave's story isn't much different.

Time lost to not playing golf, age, physical disabilities, these aren't of our own making, and so we must cope. And yet despite my limitations I've managed to play myself to a legitimate 12HCP. Not great...but solid, and statistically better than most who play golf will ever achieve. I take lessons every now and again to tweak little things, and while from time to time I see benefit, I've come to realize, and finally accept that I, not my swing, is my worst enemy.

Like many of you, I presume, I have made a series of compounding poor decisions.

• I play a driver that conservatively is at least 1/2" too long (I do this despite having done the testing that proves it costs me more than it gives me). 
  • I play progressive musclebacks (Cobra AMP Cell Pro most recently) that aren't nearly as forgiving as some other things on the market.
  • I make tremendously poor decisions on the golf course. Despite persistent evidence to the contrary, I believe there isn't a shot I can't hit. 10% of the time, I'm right every time.
  • I refuse to embrace the fade. I can hit a controlled fade all-day-every-day, but I'd rather miss failing at hitting the draw.

Like I said, I make bad poor decisions. This season, all of that changes.

"Every instinct I have...It's all been wrong" - George Costanza

Starting now, I'm going to do the opposite of whatever my instincts tell me to do. I'm going FULL CONSTANZA.

I still have some decisions to make with the driver...I'm looking at a few different things and will probably try a few things, but nothing goes on the course at 45.5" this season. There are a couple of 3-woods that I've hit well during our testing (and the SLDR Mini remains a curiosity) but, since my inclination is to go with a 3 wood, I'm instead going to stick with the 3 hybrid setup that has worked well for me in the past (particularly when I have the good sense to hit hybrid off the tee).

I Hate Game-Improvement Irons...So I'm Bagging Them

Why You Suck-1.jpg

The new irons have been a project...literally. 

It wasn't so much an Ah-ha moment as it was a "you giant dumbass moment" that set me on this path. In late January I was fortunate enough to play 18 holes with Anna Nordqvist. Imagine how stupid I looked and felt with my muscle cavities (TMaG Tour Preferred MCs) playing alongside a LPGA Major Champion who was playing TaylorMade Tour Preferred CBs. It's one thing to know you're playing less forgiving irons than some professionals...I assure you it's very different to see it. It's dumbassery of the highest level, and I'm done with it (for now).

Why You Suck-2.jpg

My history with irons, in hindsight has become progressively more dimwitted. My first set was TaylorMade RAC OS (a true GI club). From there I moved to Callaway X20 Tours, then Mizuno MP-52s, then Miura CB-501s, and most recently the Cobras. I've graduated myself at a rate I clearly haven't earned.

I had some SpeedBlades from a TaylorMade event sitting in my basement, so I figured why not. Why not bag this hideous monstrosity of a shovel-iron?

While I have no particularly affinity for the SpeedBlade, as game-improvement irons go, I suppose they're physically tolerable, and I do believe in the performance...and like I said, they were already in my basement. Any other season, it's nothing I'd ever consider playing for a minute. And that's exactly why they're going in my bag this season.

Graphite is for Old Men, and Little Girls

Why You Suck-3.jpg

I've been a KBS C-Taper guy for a while now (been professionally fit into them a few times), but given the objective, I figured maybe I should get over my "graphite is for old men", so I reached out to the guys at UST. After some back and forth we settled on Recoil 125, F5 (X-stiff) soft-stepped once.

And while it's not quite the opposite of anything, if I'm going to bag some bulky-ass game-improvement irons I'm going to pimp them out, so I ordered some ferrules from Cell-Parts, and had the guys at Golf Pride hook me up with some of their new Platinum Series New Decade Multi-Compound grips.

Why You Suck-4.jpg

I completed the build last week. I'm hoping the heavier shafts will eliminate some of what I hate about the modern GI iron. That weight also necessitated building the irons shorter, so after checking in with Tomo Bystedt (TaylorMade's Director of Product Creation for Irons, Wedges, and Putters), I built them to the same specs as the Tour Preferred CBs I had with me in Florida.

Two of my 3 Cobra wedges are staying in the bag (and the 3rd might go back in), but they've been game-changers around the green, so theres no practical reason to dumb those down.

The biggest challenge will to learn to play more conservatively, and make fewer bad choices. It won't be easy, but I'm going to give it a try. I'll keep you posted (in this thread) as to how this all turns out.

Why You Suck-5.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Wow those speedblades look awesome

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• SPY VIP

Sweet irons T.

Don't forget the other golf issue that we share:

Too much testing and writing about golf, and not enough practicing and playing.

Hopefully I can add my new sticks, and new play plan to the mix here soon as well, and not another chapter of how not to improve.

(started playing at 39 btw - get off my lawn kids!)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

There's a whole lot of awesome going on in here

What changes are you going to make to play better this year MBP?

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

For being "shovels", as you called them, they look pretty cool.  As someone else said, the hard part will be changing on-course decision making.  Looking forward to see how the story unfolds.

If you walk, are you going to start riding, or vice-versa?

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

Last season, I stopped going for par 5s unless it was wide open, and I scored so much better on them.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

• SPY VIP

What changes are you going to make to play better this year MBP?

Taking actual in person lessons - the attempt at instructional help via the internet last year by a non-qualified person has lead to a very dark place

Smaller club heads - although I love the fun GI performance of the RocketBladez, my ball striking is noticeably better with a more compact head

Graphite - I've hit it in a couple irons now and my body feels so much better

And the big one is to think less and swing away. My own worst enemy is myself and the Mrs. will attest to that. I was a better player when I was young and I attribute a lot of that to having the balls to simply try every shot out there. I've had some crazy, memorable successful shots in my life simply going for anything I thought I could hit.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Late to the party here, too. I started playing at 40. I'm 54 now. I don't think anyone is immune to the "I can hit this shot"  thing... lol. I think the greatest improvement in almost anyone's game is going to come from better course management and tempering the ego.

I don't think too many people score well from the woods when trying to open up a wedge and hit the ball over a 75' tree onto the green from 90 yards out...lol.

I switched to the GI irons last season while testing the Cobra Amp Cells and I have zero plans to go back.  So much so that I sold my backup Adams CMB irons this week.

All that said I do have plans to try either the Speedblades or Mizzy JPX 825 pro.  Hey, once a ho always a ho.  I just tend to ho on the forgiveness side of things now :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Nice Post!

To no one in particular:

"Play The Shot That You KNOW That You Can Hit-

Not The Shot That You Think That You Can Hit......"

I don't know who the hell said this, when or where, though it made sense to me so I carry it on a halved, laminated 3x5 card in my bag and I put it in my back left pocket pre-round, where I put my glove when I take it off, so I touch it multiple times a round, and though it's been sometime since I've pulled it out on a course, just touching the plastic reminds me, if I should need reminding.

Have a great season :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

Thats a fantastic quote and I think I'm going to start repeating this like some sort of mantra while I'm out on the course.

So many times you pick a shot try and play the shot, stuff the shot up, then turn around to yourself and go "that was just freaking dumb"

Gotta love that feeling :S

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Those speed blades are looking sharp. It never ceases to amaze me how a little thing like a new grip and a colored ferrule can really change up the look of a club.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Actually, there is an amusing book called, "Why You Suck at Golf". It was an entertaining light read and you can get it on Amazon. I kind of did the same exact freaking thing last year... I made drastic changes. Now I still suck at golf, I just suck less than I did before.

My score really started to improve once I started a few things that I read in a series of cheap kindle books "How to break 90", How to break 80", and ""How to break 70". A lot like you, I changed some basic things and did it last year. I went from an 18 to a 6 hcp in one season. Seriously. Take it for what it's worth... Maybe a cup of coffee at best.

First of all, I had probably a dozen lessons last year. I had taken none prior to that. I had some fundamental flaws that got fixed and the fix still feels odd when I swing... It will take time.

1. If I'm more than 140 out, I shoot for the middle of the green. Forget about those TV shots and where the flag is. My greens in regulation quickly skyrocketed. Probably cut 2 strokes a round off my game because I'm putting instead of chipping.

2. I shortened up my back swing, slowed my tempo, and stopped using my driver when there is no need to hit it or my fairway wood if I can't reach it. I don't hit as far but went from 4-5 REALLY bad shots in a round to maybe one... Sometimes none. This alone probably took 4-5 strokes off my game. I used to lose 2-3 balls in a round. Now I'm surprised when I lose one. Trying to hit the green from 250 out with a 3 wood is nothing but trouble. Hit a 5 iron and have an easy shot.

3. I started practicing with a purpose, tracking my shots in a round, and then forcing myself to practice my weakest parts of my game... Not the clubs I enjoyed hitting. I spend most of my time hitting a 4 iron and a pitching wedge on the driving range now. It is boring as hell, but it translated to a huge improvement in iron play. Saved another 2-3 shots a round here. I see guys hitting 50 drivers on a range, when they can't hit 2/10 with a wedge from 100 yards out and their chipping and putting sucks. It makes no rational sense. That's exactly what I used to do though. Smoking drives on the range is now entertainment... Not practice.

4. I practice putting and short chips for 30 minutes... 60 minutes if I have time. This took at least a stroke off my game I'm sure. I usually do this by simply arriving much earlier before my tee time. If I have a 9am tee time, I'm practicing by 7:30 now, instead of showing up to the pro shop at 8:30. Hitting 10-15 putts in 5 minutes is not practicing.

5. I got 3 lessons on nothing but sand shots from fairway and green side bunkers. I went from praying I got out of the trap, to being totally confident in the sand - just like that. I now think it's the easiest shot in my bag as long as I'm not 200 yards out in a fairway bunker. I now know how to hit downhill lies, plugged lies, etc and when and how to use different bounces of wedges. Saved me a half stroke a round probably at least.

6. I stopped trying miracle shots when playing well. I realized I would get stupid if I had a string of good shots and would start pressing it. I now only press it when I need to press it, which is hardly ever, since I'm not a pro putting food on the table.

These were all opposites for me, and it worked out great.

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

• SPY VIP

Actually, there is an amusing book called, "Why You Suck at Golf". It was an entertaining light read and you can get it on Amazon. I kind of did the same exact freaking thing last year... I made drastic changes. Now I still suck at golf, I just suck less than I did before.

My score really started to improve once I started a few things that I read in a series of cheap kindle books "How to break 90", How to break 80", and ""How to break 70". A lot like you, I changed some basic things and did it last year. I went from an 18 to a 6 hcp in one season. Seriously. Take it for what it's worth... Maybe a cup of coffee at best.

First of all, I had probably a dozen lessons last year. I had taken none prior to that. I had some fundamental flaws that got fixed and the fix still feels odd when I swing... It will take time.

1. If I'm more than 140 out, I shoot for the middle of the green. Forget about those TV shots and where the flag is. My greens in regulation quickly skyrocketed. Probably cut 2 strokes a round off my game because I'm putting instead of chipping.

2. I shortened up my back swing, slowed my tempo, and stopped using my driver when there is no need to hit it or my fairway wood if I can't reach it. I don't hit as far but went from 4-5 REALLY bad shots in a round to maybe one... Sometimes none. This alone probably took 4-5 strokes off my game. I used to lose 2-3 balls in a round. Now I'm surprised when I lose one. Trying to hit the green from 250 out with a 3 wood is nothing but trouble. Hit a 5 iron and have an easy shot.

3. I started practicing with a purpose, tracking my shots in a round, and then forcing myself to practice my weakest parts of my game... Not the clubs I enjoyed hitting. I spend most of my time hitting a 4 iron and a pitching wedge on the driving range now. It is boring as hell, but it translated to a huge improvement in iron play. Saved another 2-3 shots a round here. I see guys hitting 50 drivers on a range, when they can't hit 2/10 with a wedge from 100 yards out and their chipping and putting sucks. It makes no rational sense. That's exactly what I used to do though. Smoking drives on the range is now entertainment... Not practice.

4. I practice putting and short chips for 30 minutes... 60 minutes if I have time. This took at least a stroke off my game I'm sure. I usually do this by simply arriving much earlier before my tee time. If I have a 9am tee time, I'm practicing by 7:30 now, instead of showing up to the pro shop at 8:30. Hitting 10-15 putts in 5 minutes is not practicing.

5. I got 3 lessons on nothing but sand shots from fairway and green side bunkers. I went from praying I got out of the trap, to being totally confident in the sand - just like that. I now think it's the easiest shot in my bag as long as I'm not 200 yards out in a fairway bunker. I now know how to hit downhill lies, plugged lies, etc and when and how to use different bounces of wedges. Saved me a half stroke a round probably at least.

6. I stopped trying miracle shots when playing well. I realized I would get stupid if I had a string of good shots and would start pressing it. I now only press it when I need to press it, which is hardly ever, since I'm not a pro putting food on the table.

Absolutely awesome post. Everyone should take the time to read it.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I do this all the time but take it a step further when my game "wonders".....  I force myself to stop Pin hunting all day......  "Middle of the green, two putt par"  works wonders for your confidence....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

There's a whole lot of awesome going on in here

.......a WHOLE lotta!!!!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Nice Post!

To no one in particular:

"Play The Shot That You KNOW That You Can Hit-

Not The Shot That You Think That You Can Hit......"

I don't know who the hell said this, when or where, though it made sense to me so I carry it on a halved, laminated 3x5 card in my bag and I put it in my back left pocket pre-round, where I put my glove when I take it off, so I touch it multiple times a round, and though it's been sometime since I've pulled it out on a course, just touching the plastic reminds me, if I should need reminding.

Have a great season :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

Good idea RP I have my version of it. I don't usually have matching headcovers any how just aint my thing but I took an old Adams insight driver cover that is a magnet closure and lettered it up with a sharpie got just two things on it "THINK!" and "NO EGO" yep it reminds me every time I pull any club out of the bag crude but it helps

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Back to the initial topic in here...

Is anyone else building super pimp irons this year?

Getting fitted in about 3 weeks. Hope to end up with a nice pimped out setup

• SPY VIP

Effectiveness of the driver this season will be judged based on accuracy first, and distance second. 

That's not how I usually do it.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Always :) on the lookout for a deal on speed blades or something in the JPX lineup. Although based on today and yesterday I should be taking wedge lessons and forgetting about irons

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Great thread. Hard to add anything here except play the clubs that you know will work also. What is the point of playing a club that you can't hit reasonable shots with an overwhelming amount of the time?

Another way to ask that question is what the hell am I doing with a 3 wood in my bag?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

We got mine built for the year. They are not "super pimp" probably by some standards but for me they are. One thing BRAND NEW no demo or used heads. Actually they are custom built for me from the ground up no lead tape modifications! My friend who is one of the best builders/instructors on the beach engineered and built them for me would not let me touch them period! He did add one custom touch for me he searched around and put some "old school" MacGregor ferrels on them

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Great thread. Hard to add anything here except play the clubs that you know will work also. What is the point of playing a club that you can't hit reasonable shots with an overwhelming amount of the time?

Another way to ask that question is what the hell am I doing with a 3 wood in my bag?

I agree I don't carry a club I feel that I cant hit

I still have my old Cally Bertha Steelhead 3 wood I have carried for now 13 seasons and I can still hit it. Cant hit hybrids even though I have tried so the old V steel 7 wood is still in the bag for now the 7 th or 8 th season

G

First off great post! Your #6 hit it in the screws for me. That is one of the things I had trouble dealing with because of getting older and not having as much distance. That is one of my notes wrote on the headcover "No Ego" For me a hard thing to overcome but I am working on it pretty good

G

Two things on Stu's comments. I agree that I can't hit the ball as far as I've gotten older or as high. However what I've found is that I have a much greater mental video library to draw on. I can imagine a lot of driftnet shots because I've hit a lot of different shots. Give me an opening and I can normally picture a ball flight that I can execute to get through it.

Second I used to be dynamite with my fairway woods. Is there something different in the way that they are constructed now that is causing my issues? Is it just that I don't have the club head speed?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived