TESTERS WANTED! ×

Nike Toe Sweep Wedges

RookieBlue7

Has anyone tried these? They're intriguing to me so I'm wondering what people think about them, their playability , etc

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Used it on my yearly trip to Portugal to test new clubs. We were four players. 9, 5, 19 hcp and a pro with ET experience. The pro loved it. Fun to play with and try out different shots. Spin is excellent. The rest of us thought it was a little sensitive to mishits. 

It's a good wedge but not for everyone. If you need something to bring out the artist in you this club might be the one.

^^^ Interesting. The heel section looks like its so narrow, I wondered how touchy it might be. Was it mostly straight-faced shots or opened up that it felt touchy, or all-around?

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Our best player like it better when he opened up the face. If you have confidence you can swing really hard without any fear of the heel catching on anything. For some of us it was touchy in all positions to be honest :) 

It's not a full shot wedge in my opinion. The fact that it only comes in 56, 58 and 60 says a lot about it's qualities.

I feel that it's a club you love or hate. Or - you love it or you don't see any use for it. It's impossible to hate it because it looks funny and it was really cool to see what a good player can do with it.

Archived