Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Interesting opportunity through my company

Jmikecpa

Good luck, buddy. Try and relax and enjoy the moment. You'll play better. And if you don't, who cares, you had a great experience. Very jealous.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

The only great thing is that the local event that I am supposed to play on June 9th was moved to August 4th so at it gives me some time to heal and practice.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

This just keeps getting better everyday that I show up to work.  First I am told that we are doing a press release on me and the event sponsorship to which I begged to just leave me out of it and do the press story.........no dice there.  Second I get an email to schedule a photo shoot to accompany the story....again begged to get out of that as well with no luck.  Lastly, I am apparently doing a clinic in a few weeks for the local Boys and Girls Club as an introduction to golf.....that I did not beg out of for a lot of reasons.

WITB 2024

Nothing's free, man. Smile and wave your little hat!

There a lot of us who are envious.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

• 2 weeks later...

Got the okay today to start chipping and putting and can hit some balls at half speed......which translates to me as I will be playing this weekend.

By the way, if anyone can tell me how to hit balls at half speed I would love to know????

WITB 2024

Got the okay today to start chipping and putting and can hit some balls at half speed......which translates to me as I will be playing this weekend.

By the way, if anyone can tell me how to hit balls at half speed I would love to know????

Honestly, I've tried to also swing at half speed with bad back spasms after hockey games. Honestly swinging slow never did work for me, I end up just going full bore because I feel so out of tempo and figure a way to get around the pain or minimize it.

Only thing I've figured is going a club or two up and just trying to find a comfortable swing for the day and ignoring the scorecard. 

Best of luck to you.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

So after the email that I just received I am starting to realize that I am really living the dream.  On Monday I am playing in a private event at Wykagyl CC in Westchester County NY that is hosted by Justin Leonard that will allow me to play a three or four holes with him during my round.  As if that was not enough I will be playing Tuesday in the Mariano Rivera Charity Classic at Trump National in Westchester.  I will be playing 18 holes with a "celebrity" and there will be Yankee alumni available for pictures and autographs before, during and after the event.  As a golf nut and life long die hard Yankees fan this is my ultimate event and about the same to me as getting to play a round at Augusta.  I honestly think that I may not be able to sleep for the next four days I am that excited.

WITB 2024

Wow that's awesome! Congrats and enjoy every minute of it!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Back in the early 1960's, my Grandfather was in his early seventies and still playing twice a week.  He had an old Hickory shafted driver from the 1940's that he added a lead weight to the face, drilling thru the wooden head to secure it.  He would swing it before each round.  I was about 10-12 and would swing it at home to practice before going to play.  It was a terrific tool to help groove the swing.

Now, at our age, the stretching exercises are primary before playing.

Good Luck Jmikecpa! Enjoy the time you get to live the dream.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So after the email that I just received I am starting to realize that I am really living the dream.  On Monday I am playing in a private event at Wykagyl CC in Westchester County NY that is hosted by Justin Leonard that will allow me to play a three or four holes with him during my round.  As if that was not enough I will be playing Tuesday in the Mariano Rivera Charity Classic at Trump National in Westchester.  I will be playing 18 holes with a "celebrity" and there will be Yankee alumni available for pictures and autographs before, during and after the event.  As a golf nut and life long die hard Yankees fan this is my ultimate event and about the same to me as getting to play a round at Augusta.  I honestly think that I may not be able to sleep for the next four days I am that excited.

Congrats. Have fun and enjoy yourself. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Not a Yankees fan, but I have to agree. You're living the dream. Enjoy it bro

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Played today in an outing sponsored by Beringer Wines and got to play most of one hole with Justin Leonard. Played with our group on a par 5 and joined us after we hit our second shots about 50 yards short of the green. I hit a wedge to six feet above the hole and he hit his six feet below the hole. We played his ball and I was 4th in the group to putt and he would putt last. Caddy gave a good read and I knocked it dead in the back of the hole for birdie. Kind of nerve wracking trying to putt with a major winner standing over your shoulder. Seems like a nice guy and was a good guy for these corporate gigs. Added another long drive win for the day and all in all it was fun.

WITB 2024

We met him briefly at TMAG earlier this year for the LoftUp event. He was pretty quiet, but a decent guy. But I remember his wife was amazingly hot. (Hope he's not reading this)

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

One quick picture from today...signature 13th hole at Trump National in Westchester.

WITB 2024

Played Trump National on Monday in the Mariano Rivera charity outing and it was one of the best times that I have ever had on a golf course.  Our celebrity for the group was Roy White who played for the Yankees in the late 60' and through the 70's winning two titles with the Bronx Zoo teams.  Very nice man and was great to talk with, but not much of a golfer since he does not play very often.  Next to meeting more former players than I could even remember the highlight of the day was hitting a tee ball with Callaway long drive staffer Bobby Bradley. On the par 5 7th he would hit a tee ball for the group if you made a donation to the charity and the group got to play his ball.  The tee was pushed way up (as were most tees on the course) and he bombed a drive out at 387 which left 115 into the hole.  For the heck of it I decided to hit a ball to see how close I could get to his ball more for comparison than anything else.  Hit a nice high draw down the right side and his spotter measured 27 yards difference between his ball and mine which I will take any day.  We ended up shooting 62 as a team and finished 4th on a match of cards.  Here are a few pictures from the event.

WITB 2024

Awesome!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Nice bike, that yours? :)

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

After my great two days of golf I got to spend six straight days working In Manhattan to finish our applications and deliver them to the gaming commission. At least I got some good air time on the news in Albany.

http://www.fox23news.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=5201068

WITB 2024

Now, now. No complaining, lol,....you are living the dream, and sometimes dreams are briefly interrupted.

Looks like an awesome outing. I was in an outing earlier this year, and we shot a 62 also. That was some kind miracle because we only had one single digit hc in my group. P.s. we also lost by two... But it was a great day of golf!

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

That unfortunately is not my bike. It was a bike done by OCC for Jorge Posada's charity a few years back that OCC bought back at the charity auction.

Makes my tricked out Fatboy look like a 1982 Toyota though.

WITB 2024

• 2 weeks later...

Played Trump National on Monday in the Mariano Rivera charity outing and it was one of the best times that I have ever had on a golf course.  Our celebrity for the group was Roy White who played for the Yankees in the late 60' and through the 70's winning two titles with the Bronx Zoo teams.  Very nice man and was great to talk with, but not much of a golfer since he does not play very often.  Next to meeting more former players than I could even remember the highlight of the day was hitting a tee ball with Callaway long drive staffer Bobby Bradley. On the par 5 7th he would hit a tee ball for the group if you made a donation to the charity and the group got to play his ball.  The tee was pushed way up (as were most tees on the course) and he bombed a drive out at 387 which left 115 into the hole.  For the heck of it I decided to hit a ball to see how close I could get to his ball more for comparison than anything else.  Hit a nice high draw down the right side and his spotter measured 27 yards difference between his ball and mine which I will take any day.  We ended up shooting 62 as a team and finished 4th on a match of cards.  Here are a few pictures from the event.

I'm jealous man!!  Was Jeter there?

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I'm jealous man!!  Was Jeter there?

There unfortunately were no current players there as the team was traveling that day for a game that evening.  It was just amazing to sit and see all the retired ballplayers and have a quick bite as I listened to Joe Torre, Bobby Valentine, Dave Winfield and Micky Rivers talk baseball.

Truly one of the best days I have ever had on a golf course.

WITB 2024

Just a quick update.  Back is back to normal and last week was the first round that I was able to actually play and not worry about it for 18 holes.  Playing events on July 17th at Eisenhower GC, July 28th at West Chester CC and a pro-am August 4th.  I think I am scheduled for another event in August at Leatherstocking GC in Cooperstown which I have never played.  Anyone with some tips on the course as well as where to stay would be greatly appreciated.

WITB 2024

• 4 weeks later...

Well I was supposed to play an event today that I withdrew from late last week for work reasons and based on my schedule for the next few months I don't plan to play much golf at all.  Early last week my company acquired another company and I have been appointed the CFO for the venture........so golf once again goes on the back burner for the moment.

WITB 2024

Well I was supposed to play an event today that I withdrew from late last week for work reasons and based on my schedule for the next few months I don't plan to play much golf at all.  Early last week my company acquired another company and I have been appointed the CFO for the venture........so golf once again goes on the back burner for the moment.

Love the pics, grew up a Yankee fan although with Mariano's retirement and jeter's impending one I'm in the process of converting to my hometown Rays. Loved Roy white because I had a stronger arm than he, his other tools far surpassed mine on the diamond. I was a one and a half tool baseball player. :(

Have you played Westchester? It's a casualty to the modern game, great course, my wife's grandfather was the architect of that incredible club house. Enjoy!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

You are going to be busy! Enjoy the challenge and opportunity.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Love the pics, grew up a Yankee fan although with Mariano's retirement and jeter's impending one I'm in the process of converting to my hometown Rays. Loved Roy white because I had a stronger arm than he, his other tools far surpassed mine on the diamond. I was a one and a half tool baseball player. :(

Have you played Westchester? It's a casualty to the modern game, great course, my wife's grandfather was the architect of that incredible club house. Enjoy!

I play Westchester a few times a year in various events and one of my favorite courses.  Played there last year in a four man best ball event and shot 68 from the member tees on the West and shot 75 there earlier this year from the same tees.  Really a nice track as are a lot of the course in Westchester County.

WITB 2024

Archived