TESTERS WANTED! ×

High School Golfer in VA

Hello everybody,

My name is Ryan, and I'm a high school golfer in Virginia.  I just turned sixteen and golf is my main priority (after school work that is).  My dream is to play college golf at the Univerity of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, which is where I spent the first fifteen years of my life.  I have a seven year old brother, two dogs, and a cat.  I live with my loving parents, and couldn't be happier.  As I just said, I grew up in Chapel Hill, and that is where I fell in love with the game of golf.  I lived in NC from when I was only one, until last June (a month after my fifteenth birthday), which is when we moved to VA due to my dad acquiring a new job.  In NC, I spent most of my days at what had become my second home, the UNC Finley Golf Course home of the UNC Tar Heels golf teams, whith my best friend.  Golf is my life, and I really don't know what I would do with out it.  I love how it offers just enough challenge, but at the same time is so peaceful.  My fondest memory of golf came last summer during the week before try-outs for the high school team.  My best friend had come into town and we lived 30 minutes from the course at the time, but we had to be there by 7:00 a.m.  This meant that I had to be up by 5:30 so that I would have enough time to get ready, get breakfast, and get to the course with enough time to warm up.  So, the first morning we got up, got breakfast, and headed to the course.  We reached the course by 6:30, stepped onto the practice green (before it had been pressed, so the early morning light was reflecting of the fresh dew), and watched the sun rise over the Blue Ridge Mountains and the freshly cut fairways of the course.  I stood there staring for what seemed like an eternity, before I realised that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, so I have been working my ass off trying to make steps towards my long term goal of playing on the PGA tour.  I don't want to be on the PGA tour for the money, fame, or sponsorships; I want to make it because I want to be able to experience that same feeling every single day of my life.  I want to be able to step onto the course and look out and say "I made it".  I could be one of the worst players on tour, but as long as I can step onto the course, look at the view, then walk off feeling like I imroved, then I'll be fine.  Thanks for reading, and if you want to follow me through twitter or instagram, I am: @lindberg_ryan (Twitter), and  @_ryan_lindberg (Instagram).  Cheers!

What's in my red Sun Mountain Swift X stand bag...

Driver-

:taylormade-small: .R1 TP white (set to 8.0*) with Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Flex shaft

FWY Wood-

:taylormade-small:  R9 15* 3 wood

Hybrid-

:taylormade-small:  Rescue11 4 hybrid 21*ish (lowered to play closer to a 3/4 hybrid).

Irons-

:taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Wedges-

:taylormade-small:   Tour Preferred 51*

:vokey-small:  SM4 54*

:vokey-small:  SM4 58*

Putter(s)-

:cameron-small:  Studio Design 1 (I need a new Pistolero grip) -this is the club that I am currently gaming-

:callaway-small:  Odyssey White Ice #7 with pink accents/orange Super Stroke 3.0

Ball-

:taylormade-small:  Tour Preferred x

:titelist-small:           Pro V1x

Shoes-

:footjoy-small:  Sport Spike less [black],

:footjoy-small:  Sport [white w/ black saddle]

Follow me on twitter at @Rien_Maolalaidh and instagram at @rien_o.maolalaidh

Cheers!

Welcome aboard Ryan.  I hope you achieve your goal. 

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Welcome, I am a junior golfer in DC, rising 9th grader.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Welcome to the site. We'll be glad to support you on the road to your dreams

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Welcome!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

One of the best "Introduce Yourself" posts I've read... welcome!

And best of luck!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Welcome.  What part of VA, sounds like VATECH area.... 

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.  I'm glad to be here

Driver-

:taylormade-small: .R1 TP white (set to 8.0*) with Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Flex shaft

FWY Wood-

Hybrid-

:taylormade-small:  Rescue11 4 hybrid 21*ish (lowered to play closer to a 3/4 hybrid).

Irons-

Wedges-

Putter(s)-

:cameron-small:  Studio Design 1 (I need a new Pistolero grip) -this is the club that I am currently gaming-

:callaway-small:  Odyssey White Ice #7 with pink accents/orange Super Stroke 3.0

Ball-

Shoes-

Cheers!

Richard,

Thanks for the complements on the post, it means a lot to have you, and the rest of the MGS members, read this and welcome me so warmly.  The last time I checked, my handicap was a nine or a ten, and I am a sophomore for the next two weeks, then school will be out.  My school has their golf season in the fall, and since I moved right before tryouts, I didn't get the chance to play our home course until about two days before try outs.  This meant that when I tried out, I ended up making it onto the team by winning a play-off for the last spot.  Therefore, I wasn't able to compete in any highschool tournaments.  In my freshman season though, I played in a total of nine tournaments, and my best finish was a tie for sixth.  As for actual junior tours though, I'm signed up for the VSGA, but I haven't competed yet, as I just finished finals, and when I first signed up for VSGA, I had just moved to VA, and high school golf was about to start.  Basically, I just haven't had the time or resources, but I finally do, so I am hoping to start competing sometime in the near future.  And sorry about the swearing, I do sometimes become a bit blunt and emotional about the things I love (A bit like Sergio Garcia).  Again, thanks for the welcome as well as the comment.  Cheers!

Ryan

Driver-

FWY Wood-

Hybrid-

Irons-

Wedges-

Putter(s)-

Ball-

Shoes-

Cheers!

Richard,

Where did you get the breast cancer pink fill done on your clubs?  My grandmother had breast cancer, and then relapsed after she had been deemed to be in remission.  She ended up having surgery to have the tumor removed, and thank god it hasn't come back.  I wanted to show tribute to her struggle, but I did't want to be as flashy as Bubba is with his pink driver shaft.  I want to get some fill done on some of my clubs as well as my putter, but I just don't know where to get it done, or how much it costs.  any suggestions? 

Cheers,

Ryan

Driver-

FWY Wood-

Hybrid-

Irons-

Wedges-

Putter(s)-

Ball-

Shoes-

Cheers!

Welcome!

Loved the intro. I envy you. I only discovered golf when I already had a family and responsibilities and never had the time that a youngster like yourself can dedicate to the game.

Good luck! When you make it on the tour, just throw a few tickets at mygolfspy! We'd love to cheer you on!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Thanks for the comment HighFade,  I'll make sure to hand out as many as I can when I get there.  Cheers!

All the best,

Ryan

Driver-

FWY Wood-

Hybrid-

Irons-

Wedges-

Putter(s)-

Ball-

Shoes-

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

Welcome.  What part of VA, sounds like VATECH area.... 

Actually, I'm in Stephens City (near Winchester if you know where that is).  I'm about ten minutes outside the Shenandoah University Campus if that rings any bells.

Driver-

FWY Wood-

Hybrid-

Irons-

Wedges-

Putter(s)-

Ball-

Shoes-

Cheers!

Welcome. Good luck on your season and goal of making UNC Chapel Hill... 

Hope that golf continues to be fun as you work towards your goals.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Welcome to MGS, Ryan.  I'm another Virginian, living in Reston, and playing at Stoneleigh Golf Club in Round Hill.  Stoneleigh is just over the Blue Ridge from you, I wonder if you've had a chance to play there.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Welcome to MGS, Ryan. I'm another Virginian, living in Reston, and playing at Stoneleigh Golf Club in Round Hill. Stoneleigh is just over the Blue Ridge from you, I wonder if you've had a chance to play there.

Hey Dave,

I haven't had much opportunity to play golf in Reston. When I went to get fit for my irons for my birthday, I went to the golfgolfsmith I'm sterling, and got to play Reston National the next day which I thought was a pretty cool course. I will be sure to play that course next time I'm out there though.

Driver-

FWY Wood-

Hybrid-

Irons-

Wedges-

Putter(s)-

Ball-

Shoes-

Cheers!

Archived