TESTERS WANTED! ×

Introducing Ogio's Silencer Golf Bag, Featuring Revolutionary SilencerTM Club Protection Technology And Chiseled Design

Salt Lake City, UT (May 29, 2014) - OGIO, a leading designer of golf bags and apparel, introduces its new SilencerTM stand bag for golfers on the move. Equipped with OGIO's innovative Silencer Club Protection System* and a weight equalizing Shoxx X4 strap, the Silencer provides the most comfortable and quiet golfing experience to date. Available now for $234.99, the newest stand bag continues OGIO's tradition of combining innovative design with unique style.

2149887.jpg

OGIO designed the Silencer stand bag from the ground up with the walking golfer in mind. Silencer's dynamic protective membrane top separates up to 14 club heads and the proprietary Unibody Grip Lock bottom uses flex grab teeth to keep clubs in place and eliminate movement. By reducing the dreaded clanking sound and minimizing club dings, golfers can add years of life to any set of clubs. The feather-lite stand bag's durable integrated handles allow for stable and secure lifting, while the equalizing shoulder strap balances weight across your back, making it as comfortable on the 18th green as it is on the first tee.

2149888.jpg

"Innovation coupled with unique fashion embody our design signature," says Tom Gocke, Global VP of OGIO Golf. "The Silencer is our latest innovation in golf that provides the ultimate in club protection while reducing the annoying sound of clanking clubs."

2149889.jpg

Built for efficiency, organization and ease, the Silencer features 7 pockets. Pockets include an insulated zippered water bottle pocket, as well as a fleece-lined pocket for valuables. The added touch of a pen sleeve also ensures all of your items, no matter how small, have a place.

OGIO's Silencer stand bag is now available at ogio.com for $234.99.
*Patent Pending

About OGIO
OGIO International, Inc. carved a reputation as a designer of adrenaline-driven styled Golf bags and apparel born from our sports and lifestyle heritage. We built this reputation by crafting our collections from high-performance materials surrounding innovative design features that provide the ultimate combination of protection, comfort and organization. OGIO's Golf collections have changed the style of golf and are designed to raise adrenaline levels at first glance.

Just went on the site to check this bag out.  I think its a great idea and this would be an interesting bag to try.  I'm wondering what it would do long term to your grips though?  My super stroke grip (the top of it) got pretty chewed up pretty quick on my bag until I slipped in a tube insert to keep it from catching on the sides.  Id be interested to see what that rubber system would do to the grip as you'd be slipping a club through in and out a handful of times a round over the course of the life of the grip.

I really like the looks of the bag, (I love the black and orange) but my first thought was about how well it will hold up in 2-3 years... It just looks like too many moving parts that could fail.  

I actually might have to look at this in person though.  I have an Ogio Grom that is 5 years old and I'm due for a replacement.

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I really like the looks of the bag, (I love the black and orange) but my first thought was about how well it will hold up in 2-3 years... It just looks like too many moving parts that could fail.  

I actually might have to look at this in person though.  I have an Ogio Grom that is 5 years old and I'm due for a replacement.

If you check it out I'd like to hear what you think of it.  I have a pretty new bag so I'm not due, but it would be great to keep in mind when I am ready.  (funny story - got my new bag because an individual who will not be named got drunk during a glow ball tournament and tried to ride it.)  

I'll keep an eye out... the only golf store around here is a Golf Galaxy, and... well...  I keep looking...

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I don't carry my bag, I use a push cart.  The main reason is that I can't stand the clanging of the clubs... well, that and the fact that I'm weak and my bag feels too heavy even before I tee off... but yea, the noise drives me nuts...

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Did they ever soften the compound used for the silencer portion? That's why I didn't buy the first one that came out, because it was chewing grips up in a few months

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived