Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Dead Foursome

HighFade

These topics have been fun, so I thought I'd add one.

Pick 3 people to fill out your dream foursome. But there are rules: They cannot be family, and cannot be alive.

Here's mine:

Ben Hogan

Payne Stewart

JFK

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

This morbid but I will admit fun.

1- Walter Hagen from what I read a fun loving guy

2- Byron Nelson I have actually met him and my dad knew him well a real distuinguished gentleman in life

3- John White never a pro no where near that but a friend and brother whose famous quote to me was "that my game was ok but my course management sucked" would love for him to see how my course management has improved in the 5 years since he died

As far as playing with my old man not no but hell no! we could not get along on the golf course when he was living would hate to see how ill he would be after being dead for 19 years! :)

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Bobby Jones - Arguably, the greatest player of all

Payne Stewart - Unquestioned love for the game and its history

Francis Oimett - Won the Greatest Game Ever Played

I think they'd enjoy each others company, and make an allowance for me organizing the group, despite the fact my skills don't match my love and enthusiasm for the game.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

1) Walter Hagen- Anyone who show's up to the course that morning at the PGA Championship in his tux from the night before, well, been there done that(Not at the PGA, My Buddy's Invitational) and I wanna do it again, with Walter. The son of a b*tch could party like a rock star-

2) Sam Snead- Was fortunate to have gotten to play with him and to watch him swing was like watching pure artistry in motion. Plus, he was funnier than sh*t.

3) Bon Scott- Lead Singer, ACDC- My Fave band in College(LMAO, My roommates never warmed to Bon & The Boyz, lol) & my Fave Lead Man- Bon was THE rock 'n roll star- he didn't play golf, but who gives a sh*t, it's my foursome and I'd out him with Sam, and trust me, we'd be good-

So there's my threesome-

See a common theme here, LMAO?

Carry On :)

My Best,

Richard

I can hang with the AC/DC used to play it on the headphones before getting in the race car back in the day. In fact it is one of the CDs I carry in the rollback at work. I guess I am sorta touched in the head especially pulling up to a wreck with the stereo blasting "Highway to Hell". Also most wrecker drivers on the beach refer to US501 and US 17 bypass as that. Oops sorry got off the origional subject again

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

1) Walter Hagen- Anyone who show's up to the course that morning at the PGA Championship in his tux from the night before, well, been there done that(Not at the PGA, My Buddy's Invitational) and I wanna do it again, with Walter. The son of a b*tch could party like a rock star-

2) Sam Snead- Was fortunate to have gotten to play with him and to watch him swing was like watching pure artistry in motion. Plus, he was funnier than sh*t.

3) Bon Scott- Lead Singer, ACDC- My Fave band in College(LMAO, My roommates never warmed to Bon & The Boyz, lol) & my Fave Lead Man- Bon was THE rock 'n roll star- he didn't play golf, but who gives a sh*t, it's my foursome and I'd out him with Sam, and trust me, we'd be good-

So there's my threesome-

See a common theme here, LMAO?

Carry On :)

My Best,

Richard

Walter Hagen was a Rock Star, BEFORE there were Rock Stars!!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Walter Hagen

Titantic Thompson

Anthony Wilkins - high school buddy that passed away too young.

Count me as another AC/DC fan...

Titanic Thompson. His real name was Alvin C Thomas. My dad knew him well in fact I met him through my dad when I was a kid. He was something else he could come up with and win some crazy bets not only in golf. He was also a crack shot with a pistol

G

• 2 weeks later...

Bobby Jones

Payne Stewart

Johnny Cash (or Ronald Reagan).

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Here is my Dead Foursome......note there is a common thread that ties these three together.....and me to them.

Julius Boros -  (March 3, 1920 – May 28, 1994) Boros suffered a fatal heart attack in 1994 on the golf course at the Coral Ridge Country Club in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He was found sitting in a golf cart under a willow tree by two club members near the 16th hole, his favorite spot on the course. Swing Easy, Hit hard.....His motto has calmed down thru many a round. He also won 3 Majors('52 7 '63 US Open & '68 PGA Championship

Jack Lemmon - (February 8, 1925 – June 27, 2001)  At age 13, I was in a movie with Jack Lemmon, The Great Race, filmed near my hometown. In his final movie, The Legend of Bagger Vance, he portrayed a golf who has a heart attack on the course. In life, Jack was an avid golfer, but never broke 100.

Bing Crosby - (May 3, 1903 â€“ October 14, 1977) On October 14 at the La Moraleja Golf Course near Madrid, Crosby collapsed on the red-brick path and died instantly from a massive heart attack after playing 18 holes.

My dream is to die on the golf course while playing golf.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Agreed. I'd like to think my heart will give out on me after my hole in one at age 112.

Or at the hands of a jealous husband. Also at age 112.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Agreed. I'd like to think my heart will give out on me after my hole in one at age 112.

Or at the hands of a jealous husband. Also at age 112.

I'd want it to give out after hole 18, after I'd finally been able to shoot my age!

The jealous husband may be the easier route to make sure it happens though. Plenty of time to plan for that.

Archived