Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Handheld GPS.

Watch GPS.

Laser rangefinder.

Apps for your phone.

Tracking devices like GG and CaddieOn.

Fitness bands like Fitbit and Fuelband.

Swing analyzers like Swingbyte and Zepp.

There are many tempting gadgets out there. But when will we get one that does everything? Will someone put everything in one device? 

Not a laser of course. That's the one gadget that I think will stay the same. I've noticed growing popularity in them for the past year. Lasers will be all about waterproofing and easy ways to hit the pin in the future.

The wrist device is where we'll see huge things. Many functions in one watch. Voice Caddies new watch is the first step. Tempo analyzer and GPS watch. 

How long will it take to make a watch with;

- fitness stats

- shot tracking

- swing analyzer

- scoring apps

- camera and social functions

Motorola MOTOACTV - I've got one - was pretty close to being an amazing gadget. It had shot tracking long before Game Golf. No disrespect - but the two companies that offer these tracking devices - I think they're living on borrowed time. The tech will be a lot better and it will be found in multi-watches very soon. 

This is just me trying to look in a crystal golf ball :) I could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident that I'm right.

Hot in future;

Multi watch

Wrist bands

Laser

Not in the future;

Phone apps

Handheld

Dedicated one-trick-gadgets like Game Golf and Swingbyte.

I agree with the general principle of what you said, but think there's bigger issues. One trick ponies will always be around, but will be forced to get cheaper, same way that after a few years technology must get better. Look at the way launch monitors have gone down in price.

Multiwatches and wrist bands are good, but still don't think they will get super hot because need a big screen to have everything that would replace a golf game and a swing byte. That or have 3 or 4 apps for different things. EX: 9 iron distance, GIR, swing speed....etc... I think that's a lot to put on a watch.

My big things are GPS that can actually measure to the flag which has a GPS tracker. I think that would put an end to the lasers if you had a GPS tracker that could tell you exactly where the flag is that day. Not sure of the logistics of putting a GPS device in a flag stick, but it would be a concept I'd like to see be explored. I think the bigger thing is in 5 years the portable launch monitors will be huge. If they can get them down to 100-200 dollars, it'll make putting a home setup almost cheaper than 3-4 rounds. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Archived