Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have access to a foresight and I have the small earnest sports one.

I love being able to see the numbers on the foresight especially when it comes to different shafts or balls. The earnest is good at the range when I'm trying to dial in distance ranges or working on distance control

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I use a FlightScope Kudu on the Daily....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I don't have one, but do want one. Problem is they are mostly out of the price range. As a out of work college student, pretty much everything is. : :mad:

But, I'm thinking about getting a smaller one soon on Ebay, just to see if a minor swing change or two is doing anything with distance. If I can find a good range or one that offers all you can hit golfballs, I'd probably bring it out there every time. 

For the ones that own the small ones (not to hijack it) but would you go wit the SC100 or the Ernest sports 12. The 14 looked great till I found the spin and other factors were mathematically figured and not measured.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I don't have one, but do want one. Problem is they are mostly out of the price range. As a out of work college student, pretty much everything is. : :mad:

But, I'm thinking about getting a smaller one soon on Ebay, just to see if a minor swing change or two is doing anything with distance. If I can find a good range or one that offers all you can hit golfballs, I'd probably bring it out there every time.

For the ones that own the small ones (not to hijack it) but would you go wit the SC100 or the Ernest sports 12. The 14 looked great till I found the spin and other factors were mathematically figured and not measured.

I'd get the SC100, it has extra features like games to play on the range that can help your game. It also comes with a remote which is nice.

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Nope, don't own one, but have access to like 5 Trackman at a practice range 20mins from home.

I use it when I need to compare new clubs with my current gamers :D so almost once a month LOL

Edit: forgot to mention which kind... duh!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

If I plead to the pros at my course, they will get out the trackman.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

No courses around me have one. The big golf plays like Dicks, GSmith, and Galaxy all have them, but never really use them.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I dont have one myself, my teaching pro does have access to a trackman though which I have used with him once. I wouldn't say it was easily accessable though

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

I don't have access to one unless I go to Golfmart and pay to use it. I would love to get one since I have an indoor hitting bay. But there's always something more important to spend money on.  

Some of these small radar units sound like they are fairly accurate for distance calcs. But something that measures launch angle and spin in addition to ball speed would be more helpful.  

I do have an old Vector unit.  The kind you draw a line around for the camera to see. It has a camera issue where it gets grainy and the computer can't make out the line.  It's too old now to be worth spending money on it. 

I don't own one....seriously thinking about it though since I tinker with my clubs so freaking much.  It would be real handy to have at the range to confirm what I see with my naked eye.

I could go to Golfsmith (ForeSight), but they jack around with the numbers so darn much you really never know what the true numbers are.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I could go to Golfsmith (ForeSight), but they jack around with the numbers so darn much you really never know what the true numbers are.

The way to make sure the numbers you're getting at Golfsmith are legit is to check the settings and use gamer balls. As long as the shot boost is at zero then you should be getting pretty accurate numbers.

The way to make sure the numbers you're getting at Golfsmith are legit is to check the settings and use gamer balls. As long as the shot boost is at zero then you should be getting pretty accurate numbers.

They use gamers in the bays, but it's just inconsistent enough for me to not like it.  Plus....I like to actually see the ball flight...ya know?

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• SPY VIP

Well Played, William...

For those reading along at home, yes, MGS has access to a launch monitor.

Historically we have used about Golf's 3Trak system, but for a few different reasons we'll be moving on to another solution. In fact, the G30 data was collected using Foresight for the first time. A good bit of Matt's work was done using FlightScope's X2. 

We looked long an hard at Trackman, but the bottom line is that their system is incredibly cost prohibitive. They've done a good job of establishing themselves as the BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, (or maybe even Ferrari)  etc. of the launch monitor industry, and they're priced accordingly. Outdoor-only use, they're on the edge of affordability...want to use it indoors, well...that requires an additional licenses, and enough money to buy a FlightScope and/or a Foresight. 

From what we've seen, Trackman's software is second to none. There are some absolutely exceptional features that other manufacturers either haven't thought to include, or simply haven't had the development time to included. The industry is moving at warp speed right now, and as far as presentation, tools, and toys, Trackman is unquestionably ahead of the curve. Simply put, their software is more capable, and more polished.

As far as radar goes, we think Trackman is better, but apples to apples, dollar for dollar, we're much less convinced that it's 20K worth of better.

I'm currently evaluating Foresight GC2 and the new Flightscope Xi+. Sufficed to say both shine in some areas, while there are things that I which each did better...or at least differently.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I don't own one, but it's on my wish list.  There are plenty of options locally to get on one, but if I have a couple hours to spare I'd rather go play the course than hit on a launch monitor.

For me I would love a launch monitor/simulator during the winter months.  I think I would use it almost every day.  During the season though the only time I really wish I could jump on one is to figure out gapping and distances with new clubs.  I think one of the smaller personal units like the SC100 would be perfect for that, but I just want to rent one for a few hours, I don't know that I would get enough use out of it to justify a purchase.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

No courses around me have one. The big golf plays like Dicks, GSmith, and Galaxy all have them, but never really use them.

Those are sims, not launch monitors most of the time.  Big difference, especially in accuracy of the readings.  They can be adjusted to make it look better because they use them to sell clubs (wind, elevation, etc can be varied).

As for me, I really want a Flightscope Xi+.  If I get in the Mitchell Partners Club it'll be a little cheaper.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

They use gamers in the bays, but it's just inconsistent enough for me to not like it. Plus....I like to actually see the ball flight...ya know?

Same here, I was just offering advice for when you do the golfsmith ones and you want to make sure that the data you're getting is legit

I contemplated purchasing one earlier this year and tested Trackman, Flightscope and GC2 extensively. In the end I chose - - nothing.

Trackman is easily the best, and hugely expensive. Flightscope with all the bells is very nearly as good. Their lower priced systems forego quite a bit of the goodies. The launch monitor portion of the GC2 is pretty good, for those things it can read. It sets up easily and aims easily, but I found that it frequently will spit out strangely low spin numbers. Like 1000 RPM lower than 9/10 others in the group. You have to pay attention to discard these bad reads or it throws off your conclusions. I thought the GC2 sim software was garbage, with all sorts of pre-set inputs that can be manipulated to give a user (or rube customer) the wrong impression.

So now I just borrow or rent time on a Doppler system when I feel the need to get on a monitor.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

All of this talk brings a dream of this kind of availability into my head.

Where I live, not only do I not have access to launch monitor (of any kind) I have to drive upwards of an hour and a half just to hit on one. Being from a relatively rural area, I don't have a Dick's, Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith or anything around me. And none of the local shops have the disposable income to spend on one.

It's like we are living 10 years in the past here! Virtually nobody that I know or talk to takes the time to get custom fit. It's mind boggling to me! I would love to have something like this for personal use so during our terrible winter months I could spend a few hours a day practicing and really focusing on impact and technique.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

xMassacrex,

Has the country club been rebuilt yet?

My in-laws have a place at Treasure Lake on the Gold course, but I've played the country club before and read about the fire earlier in the year.

Matt

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

MattF,

Yes and no. The fire was just the restaurant. The pro shop got away unscathed. I actually decided to join there this year as the new head pro is a friend of mine, and the course offers an excellent challenge for someone like me.

They are in the process of rebuilding though. From the insurance money they received they are actually going to be replacing the existing structure with a hotel. Not sure how that's going to go, but there is a schematic hanging in the pro shop. Pretty cool!

Aren't the treasure lake courses beautiful? For the money it's hard to find a nicer course (in my experience.) silver is long and forgiving where as gold is narrow and challenging!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Those 3 courses are all very good. The in-laws place is on 15 of the gold...tough course but fun.

Next time I'm out there I want to play the Country Club again because it's been a few years.

I just like hanging out and playing a bit of golf and fishing on the lake.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Matt,

I couldn't have said it better myself. And if you're looking for a very scenic, yet fun course. That is much easier than the three listed, check out Beechwoods in Falls Creek. It's a fun little course!

But yes, all three of those courses are fantastic!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Actually, I was going to mention Beechwoods. I played there once in 2009. That first green is a doozy! I think I rolled off it 3 or 4 times!

It's only a 2 hour drive from here...we'll have to set up a round some time!

In the bag:

Bag: 

Matt,

Definitely! That would be a great time! Have any nice places down there?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

There's a few around here, some tough courses too. Goodpark is a tough one, Raintree is a nice course, the Flying B is an old family course that has fairways like putting greens.

If you search the Akron area, you'll see a ton of them.

Matt

In the bag:

Bag: 

Archived