TESTERS WANTED! ×

Scotty Cameron Gallery Opens in Southern California

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

scotty_cameron_gallery_media_24_2100x1400_300_RGB.jpg

"It's Not A Golf Shop, It's a Boutique."

Got some time and serious cash to kill?

Wanted to hit the Cameron Museum but Japan is just too far?

Want to bag some Cameron gear that no one else on the planet has? 

Have an OCD compulsion about needing a Circle T putter in your collection?

(That one is mine…)

Well have I got some news for you my putter loving friends. You see, Mr. Scotty Cameron has fired up a new gallery here in lovely California. No longer do you need a passport to check out some of the truly over the top Cameron Creations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-ZVDeCjSs

scotty_cameron_gallery_media_09_2100x1400_300_RGB.jpg

Want to drop $3K on a Tour Rat 1.5? They had that. Had meaning sold.

How about a sweet 10 G's on a GSS M3? Yep, they had that too. I need a better job...

scotty_cameron_gallery_media_08_2100x1400_300_RGB.jpg

scotty_cameron_gallery_media_07_2100x1276_300_RGB.jpg

These are not your local retail golf shop putters. Unless you live in Encinitas, I suppose.

You can also get custom fit there too:

scotty_cameron_gallery_media_02_2100x1400_300_RGB.jpg

Anyway, check out the whole deal at http://www.scottycameron.com/gallery/

Someday when I'm in SoCal, I'll drop in an give you a first hand report. No word yet if they are going to stock the Cameron Driver...

Here is the whole press release for more information.

----------------------------------

Scotty Cameron Gallery Opens in Southern California 
Master Putter Craftsman Brings Putter Fitting Facility and Retail Store to Beachside Community of Encinitas

ENCINITAS, Calif. (July 9, 2014) – The Scotty Cameron Gallery, a place for golfers to experience the Art of Putting, the same methodology and technology used by Master Craftsman Scotty Cameron in fitting the best players in the world, has opened its doors just north of San Diego. 

The Gallery, located off Highway 101 in the quaint Southern California beachside community of Encinitas, Calif., is described by Master Craftsman Scotty Cameron as “part retail space, part high-end product gallery, 100-percent putter fitting facility.” 

“Opening the Scotty Cameron Gallery is something I've dreamed about for a long time. I've always wanted to have a place open to the public where I can share the things that I have created and love,” said Cameron, whose Scotty Cameron by Titleist putters have been the choice of more players on the PGA Tour since 1997 and counting. 

“But above all, the Gallery is a place where golfers can come to understand what is happening between the ball, the putter and the player – and how we get those three things to work in harmony.” 

Building on the success of Scotty Cameron putter fitting studios in Korea and Japan, the Gallery is home to Cameron's first public putter fitting studio in the United States. 

It's an extension of Scotty's state-of-the-art research and development facility in nearby North County San Diego – the Scotty Cameron Putter Studio – where tour players from around the world visit regularly to get fit by Scotty and his team. At the Gallery, golfers will experience the same tour treatment, gaining the knowledge provided by Cameron's proprietary high-speed video putting stroke analysis tools, as well as the expertise of his highly trained fitters. 

(Fittings are limited and booked by appointment only on the Gallery website, www.scottycamerongallery.com, or by calling 760-591-9720.) 

The Gallery is also Cameron's first standalone retail venture, a concept store providing an experience like no other. 

In true Southern California fashion, the space that now serves as the Scotty Cameron Gallery used to be a surf shop. After a full-scale remodel, with all of the building's fixtures created by Scotty, the Gallery embodies the putter maker's clean, modern, industrial design aesthetic. 

Cameron enthusiasts can view and purchase an ever-changing array of rare Scotty Cameron tour putters and one-off creations found only at the Gallery. Luxury apparel personally selected by Cameron, and other items he finds intriguing – including surfboards hand-shaped especially for the Gallery by local surfing legend Rob Machado – will also be available. 

“We will have things here that you won't see any place else in the world,” Cameron said. “When people come into the Gallery, we want them to feel the craftsmanship, the vibe, the experience. This is a place where you come to get fit and learn about your putting stroke, but also to get something that there's only one of in the world.” 

GALLERY ADDRESS: 927 S. Coast Highway 101, Suite E-100, Encinitas, CA, 92024. 

GALLERY INFORMATION: Visit www.scottycamerongallery.com, or call 760-230-6000. 

GALLERY HOURS: The Gallery is currently open Tuesday through Saturday (10:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Closed Sunday and Monday. Hours subject to change. 

PUTTER FITTING BOOKINGS: Two-hour putter fittings are limited and available at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.Tuesday through Saturday. A fitting session is $350. To book an appointment, golfers can visit www.scottycamerongallery.com or call John Pinney, Scotty Cameron Gallery Fitting Coordinator, at 760-591-9720. 

ONLINE STORE: A selection of Scotty Cameron Gallery putters and creations will also be available for purchase on the Gallery website, www.scottycamerongallery.com.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Next time I'm around Encinitas I'm definitely visiting. Looks like it would be a lot of fun. I have a feeling it will be 80% museum 20% store, but that's fine. I'm ready to admit that I've been following this story since this gallery was a rumor and I'd buy something there just so I could say I got it at the Scotty gallery.

Check mate scotty cameron, you got me again!

Archived