TESTERS WANTED! ×

REMEMBER THE HAMMER

The inspiration for this thread came to me when my friend sent me what I thought to be a serious email regarding some business. To my surprise, when I clicked on the link it was a YouTube video of my favorite golf infomercial of all time; the HAMMER driver. I always laugh out loud when I see or hear it, and I haven't seen it on the Golf Channel in a while. So I thought to myself; I will share it on MyGolfSpy. Did I mention that this is Hands Down, my favorite golf infomercial of all time. 

Click here to want to watch the VIDEO. Please feel free to share your favorite Hammer infomercial memory with us.

As a former golf pro, my fondest memory is of me sitting in the golf shop at 6:00 am. I am enjoying a cup of coffee and the peaceful quiet of the early morning hours. When I turn on the television and hear "POW" "BOOM" "BAM" and I just knew it was going to be a great day.

The HAMMER

hammer-collage.jpg

World Long Drive Champion, Jack Hamm

dsc02330-small.jpg

This guy is banned from most driving ranges. If seen. please report to the proper golf shop employees. 

post-54443-0-07055700-1406684950.jpg

What about this hammer? I have actually hit this one and the hybrid.

http://c426092.r92.cf2.rackcdn.com/prod_images/500/57970.jpg

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

What about this hammer? I have actually hit this one and the hybrid.

http://c426092.r92.cf2.rackcdn.com/prod_images/500/57970.jpg

I just love their infomercial. It is pure awesome. It always makes me smile.

I have never tried one of their clubs. How do you like them? Did you pick up any yards using the Hammer Driver? What driver did you use before the Hammer?

I have never seen this commercial - it is indeed as awesome as it has been described. Two things, first its good to finally find out what the guy that voice overs the monster truck ralley commercials does as his side gig. Something I've always wondered about. Secondly, I don't even know how to convey this thought using words. The yelling of pow, boom, wham, yah! with each drive. Priceless you have to watch this. Was that something they felt would help sell the driver? I would have loved to have been present at the table where this infomercial was being workshopped.

Remember it.....I own one!

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I have never seen this commercial - it is indeed as awesome as it has been described. Two things, first its good to finally find out what the guy that voice overs the monster truck ralley commercials does as his side gig. Something I've always wondered about. Secondly, I don't even know how to convey this thought using words. The yelling of pow, boom, wham, yah! with each drive. Priceless you have to watch this. Was that something they felt would help sell the driver? I would have loved to have been present at the table where this infomercial was being workshopped.

The yelling during the drives are my favorite part. This could become part of my range shot routine.

He has a gold necklace with a gold name plate that says HAMMER! I spot a new more awesome thing each time I look this over. Right hand in the air, I swear - if enough people knew the reference I think I would unbutton my polo to the last button and rock that necklace.

He has a gold necklace with a gold name plate that says HAMMER! I spot a new more awesome thing each time I look this over. Right hand in the air, I swear - if enough people knew the reference I think I would unbutton my polo to the last button and rock that necklace.

Let me tell you that do not need an excuse to unbutton that polo and rock some gold.

I just love their infomercial. It is pure awesome. It always makes me smile.

I have never tried one of their clubs. How do you like them? Did you pick up any yards using the Hammer Driver? What driver did you use before the Hammer?

I could not hit the driver, but the hybrid was pretty good.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Do you like it?

Heck no, I have never even hit the thing. Proof that too many beers and an ipad with the eBay app is not a good thing. I will post some pictures of it at address when I get home tonight.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Screams dead left!!! The head is about 4 degrees closed.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

That is the ugliest thing ever created

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Man I remember that commercial. Always was funny to see him get so excited. That was back when golf channel had only a few shows and had half the day reserved for infomercials that were amongst the funniest/worst.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

We passed a Hammer driver around on WRX for over a year lol. The only requirement was to post a video of "BOOM" or "POWWW". I love a liar on an infomercial and Jack Hamm is exactly that, he's never competed or confirmed his distances other that posting them on the X factor site. Brian Pavlet competed when Hamm supposedly set the records he claims to hold. He not any other LD pro has ever even seen Scamm in person

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

He kinda of reminds me of an 80's throw back version of Charlie Sheen

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

He kinda of reminds me of an 80's throw back version of Charlie Sheen

But... he's WINNING! ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

We passed a Hammer driver around on WRX for over a year lol. The only requirement was to post a video of "BOOM" or "POWWW". I love a liar on an infomercial and Jack Hamm is exactly that, he's never competed or confirmed his distances other that posting them on the X factor site. Brian Pavlet competed when Hamm supposedly set the records he claims to hold. He not any other LD pro has ever even seen Scamm in person

Heard Pavlet say the same thing at a clinic at my club.  It was actually a pretty good exchange between him and the member that asked about Jack Hamm.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

I decided to take this to the range with me yesterday and hit it for the fun of it.  I have to say that the attention that it draws is pretty amazing......then again I am the only idiot on the range screaming "POW" on every drive so that may have had something to do with it.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

I'm game.

I would kill to hit it, we should pass it around and do "POW" videos also!!

I'm game.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Heck no, I have never even hit the thing. Proof that too many beers and an ipad with the eBay app is not a good thing. I will post some pictures of it at address when I get home tonight.

LMAO must have been an enormous amount of beer :)

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I know a guy down here that has competed in the Remax series and he says that Hamm is bogus

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G