Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Big Bertha Alpha for $350

GolfSpy WD

Saw that, kinda funny that their never going to discount $500 flagship driver is now $350.  Meanwhile SLDR has not had a price drop :)

If that was TMaG the interwebs would be all over them, haven't seen much complaining about Cally though.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Cally protects itself in social media much better than other manufacturers.  

In fact I just saw a "survey/poll" on another blog last week regarding "What is the best driver of 2014?".   Cally BB was the overwhelming favorite of course because Cally is the biggest donor of clubs to that site for testing and their sweetheart vacation outings.  

This knowledge got me to thinking, Why do a survey of the "best driver of 2014" in JULY of 2014?   Surely we're still going to see dozens more drivers released in the remainder of the year and in fact we've just seen the G30, 915 and Mizuno 850 come out in the last few days.   But we haven't tried them yet.   Seems to me that if you want Cally to win, you'd be well served to do your "survey" before the masses can get their hands on the latest from the competitors.  

BTW:  I currently play a Callaway driver, but I note that if you pay $350 for a new BB Alpha, you've paid too much.   The last 3 auctions for new stock shafted BB Alphas that I pulled up on ebay sold for:  272, 280, and 285.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I love my Callaway gear, in fact other than my irons and putter it's all my stuff. But I will make an observational comment - the SLDRs market penetration is hard to argue with. I play more than once a week with a group other than my normal group. And there is at least one person in this group playing a SLDR. Last Friday we had a 5some and I was one of 2 people without a SLDR. And they are crushing the SLDR. Interestingly enough, I've hit so many combinations of that driver and I just can't get it to perform for me like it does for them. But I'm ready to admit that I'm the anomaly.

Archived