Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Test for roll out

Bruiser

When you watch it on TV, you can see most pros land and stop within 5 to 10 yards.

That is safest, wet fairways no prob., same distance. But will top spin or no spin run more.

Yes, but it needs to be tested and I can do it with my fitting system. But, do the $ 2000 Shafts and the thought to be best shafts want to test also.

All they would need to do is send a shaft with a slider adapter on it 45.5". Send A R S Xs. To fit the testers. Then, MySpy could monitor the results.

I'm willing because my driver shaft is manufactured to my specs by the number one graphite iron shaft on the PGA, World, and Senior tour . Steel Fiber.

image.jpg

When you watch it on TV, you can see most pros land and stop within 5 to 10 yards.

That is safest, wet fairways no prob., same distance. But will top spin or no spin run more.

Yes, but it needs to be tested and I can do it with my fitting system. But, do the $ 2000 Shafts and the thought to be best shafts want to test also.

All they would need to do is send a shaft with a slider adapter on it 45.5". Send A R S Xs. To fit the testers. Then, MySpy could monitor the results.

I'm willing because my driver shaft is manufactured to my specs by the number one graphite iron shaft on the PGA, World, and Senior tour . Steel Fiber.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what concept you're trying to express in the above paragraphs or what the photo is supposed to represent.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I have to agree with Mark. Are the folks who build steel fibers making a driver shaft for you? If so I'm sure many of us would be interested in hearing more. Given the price of their iron shafts I'd be afraid to ask about their driver shafts.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Top spin or no spin? Back spin is what keeps the ball in the air. Take that away and it will nose dive. But the loft on the club is pointed up in relation to the attack angle anyway.  So any solidly struck shot will have back spin no matter how expensive the shaft is. You need that spin. It's a matter of finding the right amount, but you will not get spin to zero or top spin. I'm confused what you're talking about here. 

I'm sorry. The Fitting and Roll Out post are mine also. What I am trying to express is,

Golfers have been injected with bad information in order to sell product. We have proven this with our New way I fit driver shafts. Manufacture instruct to insert the driver shaft in the head as is with nothing cut off. That's wrong, as little as an 1/2" cut off more or less can make a huge difference in finding the center of the club face , increasing your swing speed and the dispersion of the shot. Really, the only way to find the best performance is to hit the 14 flexes in our test set. Not the 4 flexes other shaft manufacture offer A R S X . Why, because other shafts feel way to stiff and don't perform when you cut them off like we do.

The construction method we use in the modification of the Steel Fiber shaft allows us to adjust the club head at impact for more center face shots, increasing your swing speed and a much better dispersion patterns of the shot. Best Results is what we are all after. Is there better distance with more roll ? Let's test the thought to be facts and improve performance for better drives.

We would like to prove this against the so called best and most expensive shafts on the market. Let's change Claims to Reality .

To confirm, you'd take a guy who says he plays a "S" shaft and then fit him using your method to see what he "really" should play? If that's the case, that sounds good, but I'm not sure how that's much different than what any other fitter would do. I think your basically describing a good fitting session.

There is reason why this has not been done before. When you cut off the end of the driver shaft, it starts to feel to stiff. The modifications we made to the Steel Fiber technology eliminated that problem. We have found and have proven the slightest reduction or addition in the length of the parallel section of our shafts, make a huge difference how your driver performs.

Doing what we have done confirmed what our thinking was when offering our shafts without our heads.

I'm just curious if all these companies using the steel fiber in their shafts are paying royalties to Gary Loomis?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

There is reason why this has not been done before. When you cut off the end of the driver shaft, it starts to feel to stiff. The modifications we made to the Steel Fiber technology eliminated that problem. We have found and have proven the slightest reduction or addition in the length of the parallel section of our shafts, make a huge difference how your driver performs.

Doing what we have done confirmed what our thinking was when offering our shafts without our heads.

Bruiser I'd love to do that but the problem is, I don't live in Houston.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Isn't tip trimming a normal part of shaft fitting with a parallel tip? That's how you achieve in between flexes. Each manufacturer gives their trimming instructions for their standard and you can trim more or less depending on the need.  Just wondering what is new about what you described. I'm interested to know. 

I'm sorry, I'm still confused. Are we talking about tip trimming Aerotech Steelfiber shafts? That seems to be a pretty standard practice,

I think hes saying that using his method the overall shaft length remains the same and its by modifying other componants within the shaft he is able to adjust the stiffness to a finer degree? By modifying the shaft like this it increases the consistancy of centre struck shots as the length remains the same and you can dial in the stiffness profile to square the club correctly at impact?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

I think hes saying that using his method the overall shaft length remains the same and its by modifying other componants within the shaft he is able to adjust the stiffness to a finer degree? By modifying the shaft like this it increases the consistancy of centre struck shots as the length remains the same and you can dial in the stiffness profile to square the club correctly at impact?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yea, but that is a normal shaft fitting.  Find the right shaft and tipping amount.  Then it's butt cut to length. If the shafts themselves can be tipped more than others, that may be different.  But I don't understand why you would ever tip a shaft 3 or 4 inches. Go up a flex or two if that's what you need. I'm still confused.  But he's trying to describe something different.   I'm just missing it apparently.  

I don't think you could tip trim a shaft by three or 4 inches. It's diameter would have gotten wider that far up.

Yea, but that is a normal shaft fitting.  Find the right shaft and tipping amount.  Then it's butt cut to length. If the shafts themselves can be tipped more than others, that may be different.  But I don't understand why you would ever tip a shaft 3 or 4 inches. Go up a flex or two if that's what you need. I'm still confused.  But he's trying to describe something different.   I'm just missing it apparently.  

But I think he means the tipped section remains constant for the shafts and what he changes is different which provides different stiffness profiles. So you would get a shaft that is always 45.5" (for the sake of arguement), will always have the same tipped length but have different stiffness profiles based on the other section in the shaft that he changes. Or something along those lines.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

I think hes saying that using his method the overall shaft length remains the same and its by modifying other componants within the shaft he is able to adjust the stiffness to a finer degree? By modifying the shaft like this it increases the consistancy of centre struck shots as the length remains the same and you can dial in the stiffness profile to square the club correctly at impact?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is exactly correct but the materials used and construction of the shaft, allows the golfer to not feel the stiffness. We have learned the shaft chosen by hitting it is very precise for your swing. We have done this for years with iron shafts but driver shafts have not to this extreme till now. Mainly because they got to stiff to fast and the feel is terrible with other driver shafts. It is a break through that will improve golfers driver performance and golf needs that to keep golfers in the game.

Another point, when I go in to Golfsmith, I see at least 20 used sliders for sale. That is a great head and very forgiving.

it's just mis matched with the shaft.

image.jpg

Bruiser it almost seems as if you are fighting a windmill that isn't there. I'm certainly curious about the shafts and fitting system that you are writing about and most of the guys here are more concerned about fitting than I am. It's a site full of people who believe in being fit for their clubs.

Very few of us live in the Houston area so as much as we'd like to we aren't going to be coming to see you personally. Perhaps you know of a way to find a list of fitters who have access to the same fitting system so that those of us who are interested might give the shafts a try. Better would be if you had a rough idea of the cost of the shaft.

In regards to the SLDR I think we're pretty up to speed considering it is this years most wanted driver on our site. We also had several members go out to TMag headquarters and get fitted. I think the number of SLDRs that you're seeing have more to do with the loft than the shaft though. Early on lots of folks traded in their R1s and R11s for a similarly lofted SLDR.

Fact is that for most of us we need both carry and roll out. I will take the club that gives me the most functional distance every time (by functional I mean that I hit it straight 80 percent of the time or greater and it works best in the conditions I normally play in - wet)

The short of this post is please stop selling and let us know where to go to test. Thanks I appreciate the information.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I gamed a Callaway driver with a Project X shaft and really liked how it felt and liked the results, so I bought a P x shaft on ebay and I replaced the stock Fujikura shaft in my Powerbilt driver with a Project X and it made a tremendous difference.  I now have a new Cobra Bio Cell with the Project X shaft.....love it!

I guess when I found the Project X shaft, it just seemed to be set for my swing.   Lucky, I guess.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Problem, this is a one of a kind fitting system. I was hoping to have a test done against shafts that are considered to be the best and most expensive. Basically taking the BS out of claims from shaft manufactures and get some true facts to golfers.

But manufactures avoid backing up their claims. Why?

All it would take is them submitting 4 shaft flexes of their best shaft with TM adapters to be used in these heads.

People down range marking and recording landing and final position. ???

Problem, this is a one of a kind fitting system. I was hoping to have a test done against shafts that are considered to be the best and most expensive. Basically taking the BS out of claims from shaft manufactures and get some true facts to golfers.

But manufactures avoid backing up their claims. Why?

All it would take is them submitting 4 shaft flexes of their best shaft with TM adapters to be used in these heads.

People down range marking and recording landing and final position. ???

Bruiser you have to know that this is a place where we favor the new guy who wants to take on the big boys. What might we do to help?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived