TESTERS WANTED! ×

Footjoy city - first impressions

westy

Some time back I promised a review of the Footjoy City, well I've been waiting for a while but last week they finally got delivered (can't complain as they came from my friends shop - and he brought them in person).

So here are my first impressions, I will expand on this once I've played a few rounds in a number of conditions.

image.jpg

So yes straight out of the box, they are pretty! Classic look, lovely leather smell with bright yellow accents adding a modern twist. Picked them up and thought ....wow these are light.

Now mrs Westy has gone to bed I've spent time in the kitchen weighing golf shoes! She'd have though madness had taken over (yes dear I'm weighing my shoes....).

So for comparison I've weighed them against my beloved DryJoys and my current gamers the Addidas Addipure.

I was a little surprised by the outcome, I weighed just the left foot of each pair (both the old pairs are clean as well!)

DryJoys - 510g

Addipure - 475g

City - 425g

Ok I expected the DryJoys to be heavier, they are a wide fit shoe (so mor leather), but I was really shocked to find the city weighing less than the Addipure.

I've been wearing the city round the house today, feel very nice - plenty wide enough (only come in regular width) for my feet when the adidas frequently feel a bit narrow.

The city come with a 1 year waterproof guarantee, Which I'd expect to be exceeded with frequent polishing - I look after my shoes!

So good start, got a few games in the next few weeks - so more info to come.....a few more photos below.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I actually really like the grey/orange... they look like something I would wear to work...  Although I'm not really a fan of the price, but they will cheaper soon enough.  I'm putting these on my watch list...

1028377-aeu.jpg

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Thanks Westy, Like Mudfish, I too like the grey bucs. Actually I do wear both grey bucs and tan bucs to work.

These really remind me of the old tan bucs with red rubber soles that I used to wear every year back in the day when steel spikes were required. I walked a lot back then and they were very comfortable.

Let us know how these city's hold up.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived