Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Analyse my Daughters Golf Swing

aussupport

For starters she's on the wrong side of the ball! :). I'm totally kidding of course. Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll get plenty of astute analysis. I'm going to pass because I hardly feel qualified.

I would say that besides what we see her check her grip, I can't really tell and alignment. Ball position looks good assuming it's a long club.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

How old is she?  If she's under, say, 12 or so, as long as she's having fun, I wouldn't try to coach her up too much unless SHE has a competitive drive and wants to improve starting now.  But under age 12, I wouldn't touch much at all as you want to keep her interested in the game for life because it's one of the few sports that we can play for a lifetime.  Wouldn't want to push too hard and make her hate it.  If she does have the competitive drive and wants to start getting better now, I'd find a qualified Class A in your area and let them work with her one on one with you watching (or videoing the lessons for her reference later).  I'd interview as many as possible, with her there as well, and get a feel for them and her and the interaction before selecting the proper golf coach.  Forums swing instructors, IMO, aren't what one needs to vastly improve.  Yes, there are a few class A's on here that are qualified, and I'd have no problem with them speaking up, but for a general person to speak on it with no formal training on instruction, I'd say pass.  The swing is one better taught in person, though, and that's the route I'd go.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Well, where does she hits the ball, high, low, left right straight, long short?

I'd worry about the result not the swing at this point. Kids have natural talents so if their ball flight and direction are good and she gets decent distance don't mess with it, yet:).

I have a 5 month old daughter that I dream of playing golf with. My plan is not to fill her head with all kinds of "swing of the week" methods, and just keep it target focus as long as I can.

Good luck

Throw the pics to Hank Haney on twitter and he'll give you a very good idea of what may or may not be wrong.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Don't change a thing......she is looking great.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

HI,

She is 9 years and not pushing at all. But  i like to know is she doing the correct way ?

As

Here's the thing - do you notice how we all have handicaps under our names?  Some of us are pretty good golfers but to the best of my knowledge none of us here are qualified to teach.  I coach a Middle school golf team and will talk to the guys/girls about strategy, golf etiquette or if I see them doing something particularly egregious with their swing or short game - like taking the club back to far and decelerating into the ball.

I always, always, always recommend that they participate in the group lessons at the course where we play over the summer months and if it's a promising player or the parent/student is interested I refer them to the club pro.

If she's having fun swinging the club and there is a local place that offers some sort of group activity for kids with a pro supervising I think that would be a great starting place.  That way your daughter can get connected with other kids who like to play.

Good luck, she looks great for a 9 year old - my only concern from what I can see is that her grip is strong enough and now that you've given her age that you have her in clubs that aren't too long or two heavy.  Tell her to hit the heck out of it!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Sound advice from both Rookie and Rev I concurr with them 100%

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

She's even on the correct side of the ball for a change. The. Photos look good, looks like about a 6 iron? The only thing I see that is that it loons like she goes too far back in the back swing. I would shorten that up with the irons, that's a good backswing for driver, there is just less to go wrong with a shorter swing, and make sure that the swing tempo is good, not too quick on the take away, not too quick from the top, these are just my thoughts. Her swing looks pretty good, kid can take bigger swings because of the flexibility but often they take too big of a swing.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

She's even on the correct side of the ball for a change. The. Photos look good, looks like about a 6 iron? The only thing I see that is that it loons like she goes too far back in the back swing. I would shorten that up with the irons, that's a good backswing for driver, there is just less to go wrong with a shorter swing, and make sure that the swing tempo is good, not too quick on the take away, not too quick from the top, these are just my thoughts. Her swing looks pretty good, kid can take bigger swings because of the flexibility but often they take too big of a swing.

You would hate my backswing :) , but you are right, even for a flexible 14 year old, my long backswing does cause some problems.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Just remember, style does not record on score card, only result.  If you daughter can consistently hit the shots she hits let her be, she'll learn to score well with that.  Not to say that her swing is not good, just saying if it ain't broke...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived