Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

XCalibers for 2015

Greetings!

I haven't been on this Forum for a while due to some health problems w/ myself an my 82 yo Mom.  But we're Ok, healthy and gettin' meaner everyday!!  My thanks goes out to MANY folks w/ their well wishes and prayers!!

So let's get to business.  I'm designing the 2015 product line as we speak.  testing starts next week on a couple things I've had in the hopper for a while.  BUT I'd wanted to give everyone an opportunity to be part of that effort.  So let me know what you'd like to see in 2015 as an XCaliber.  I'm definitely completely revamping the std models (XCal 5, 6, 6+ etc. - there's room I've found to make them better w/ a more pronounce diff. in launch specs...).  Anyway, let me know what you'd like to see, how I can help your business, etc., etc.  Heck in all my professional careers, I've always gotten my best intel from the Kats working the hardest in the trenches...

Robin Arthur

Welcome Back, Arthur.  Glad you and mom are feeling better.

I am looking for something that may not even be possible:

Driver shaft with low to mid launch, low spin, extra light weight (45-50 grams), mid kick, smooth feel, tight dispersion.

This would be a replacement for the stock shaft in my 10.5 SLDR (set to 11).  The stock shaft is a pretty good fit for me but I feel like if it were even lighter (without getting looser) I could generate some more club head speed and distance.  My good swings are giving me about 16* launch angle and 2300-2400 RPM.

What do you think?  Is that possible?

Thanks!!

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

Sorry, I meant to say Mr. Arthur.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

Robin, how are you? I've been concerned about your well being and even though I haven't been in touch have been praying for you. So happy to see your name here! Very happy!

Iron graphite around 85 grams that perform like the newer super lite steel shafts could be a winner. I still have your older FW shafts in my fairway woods.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Hey -

THANK YOU so much for the kind words and prayers!!!  You know what?  THEY WORKED!!!!  I'm back in the gym 5 days a week, and me lovely Mom is doing great!

Good call I think on the 85 gm. carbon fiber/steel feeling shaft line.   I've been tagged w/ trying to market shafts here w/o being a sponsor so let's talk about this and other needs at [email protected] or 619-994-5537 (cell).

Thx. for the post....and again the kindness  and prayers!  That means a lot to me...

Best always!

Robin

Hey -

THANK YOU so much for the kind words and prayers!!!  You know what?  THEY WORKED!!!!  I'm back in the gym 5 days a week, and me lovely Mom is doing great!

Good call I think on the 85 gm. carbon fiber/steel feeling shaft line.   I've been tagged w/ trying to market shafts here w/o being a sponsor so let's talk about this and other needs at [email protected] or 619-994-5537 (cell).

Thx. for the post....and again the kindness  and prayers!  That means a lot to me...

Best always!

Robin

I will be in touch. So happy about Mom as well. Missing mine, she went home while you were away taking care of yours. Time marches on you know. But we need to use the time we are allotted here and you've done so much for this game with little or no fanfare.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

How about a 70-80 gram up to X flex that's mid launch, low spin and made with 40 ton graphite?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard nothing but great things about your product from users all over the place. Would love to figure out what best to pair with my Covert 2.0 Performance and 1.0 Tour heads. Have had success with the UST Chrome in driver as well as the Di in hybrid form. Would love something mid launching with low spin characteristics that fits a quick tempo/hard transition in the downswing. Love the feel of standard 6/7 series type shafts.

Glad to read your mother's health concerns are on an up swing. I lost my mother a couple years ago and much too soon in life (both her own and mine). Nothing but well-wishes for you both!

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the updates Robin........how about a shaft giveaway and MGS review. One for Driver, Fairway & Hybrid?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 2 months later...

Archived