Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Big names entering sensor market?

Sony has announced this tennis sensor. No reason they shouldn't aim for the golf market too. I predicted that we'd see big names with devices on the PGA Show 2014. I was wrong. But it's not unlikely that they'll be there in 2015.

Sony website

sony-tennis-sensor.jpg

This is definitely interesting technology........and can be had for small dollars ...Game Golf is only $250 and for the golf guys that are technoweenies.......they can have as much fun playing with the software as they do playing golf........as for me, i would rather go out and play, thinking about the things that my Grandfather said when we played fifty years ago.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The basic techs are now small enough and cheap enough that anyone can get into the market, without much specific knowledge. 

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Think the big question is what happens first: Does a company come out with a swing device you attach to your club that measures everything near the club head... or do launch monitors end up being able to put out all the data and be cheap enough most people can afford. My guess is that the gizmos will be the cheaper options... only because LM's are still so far away from being cheap/ or if they are cheap have spin data...

Either way, I can't wait, I love golf gizmos.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Cheaper LM should be here in the future. The next big thing is already - sensors on body and club combined with LM.

Didn't Nike have a patent for golf clubs with sensors a few years ago?

Archived