Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

RookieBlue7 4 Yards More Quick Review

RookieBlue7

Gonna do a quick review here. Really how much can you really say about a tee?

Saw these on the recent Labs and saw the results. Wasn't sure how much I believed it, but hey, the test cost about as much as a meal at McDonalds and well, that food sucks. So let's throw the few bucks at something golf related (not really the thought process, just an analogy. If we have any Mickey D's franchise owners here, well, sorry).

Walked around the PGA Store a few days ago just browsing. Saw the tees and a lightbulb went off. Hey, those suckers added yards and had good dispersion. Who knows if it's true but I'm game.

Bought them (same day I got the Eccos on clearance and the ProV1X overruns (those don't swim any better btw)).

Got to the course as usual 5 minutes before the tee time (running late but first time in a month I get to play). We start and the first driver hole is #4 really, though I chose to hit fairway as in playing "conservative, smart golf" at this point. Didn't matter. A pull draw later and I'm near the trees down the left side to a left back pin and have to hit a massive draw to get to it. I end up pin high right and 3 Jack it for bogey. Smart conservative golf is now gone.

#5 is a par 5 and I hit driver. Killed it and it doesn't cut. So I get a side hill lie to the pin. I over cook if a little but end up right side, pin high on the frog hair. 3 Jack par. See the trend?

I proceed to hit driver the rest of the day and murder it. Placebo effect? Possibly but I hit some of the best drives in a while that day.

Pros: durable as heck. I used one tee all day and it's like new still. Distance, well it could've been a career day but I hit a few shots where I haven't been on a long time.

Cons: they're not exactly expensive , but $6.50 for 4 tees ain't cheap for pegs a ball sits on. Also, I can see them being a problem when the ground is hard because the top part the ball rests on is flexible and I could see it tearing in hard soil.

Overall? Give em a shot if you're like me. It could be placebo, but who cares if it works right?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Thanks RB, I have three of them that have been in my bag for a couple years......every now and then I'll pull one out and use it. Never noticed that I got more distance, but I can say that if you push them into the ground correctly, the ball will be sitting at the same height every time.....and that's what I like about them.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks Rookie, I can picture it now; first tee, I select driver to leave 100 to that back right pin and get 96, screwed! Where's that Rookie Blue and wait until I get my hands on him. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I've used them exclusively for Driver and driving irons for about 2 years. I don't know if they add yards or lower dispersion, but they give you a good stable base at a uniform height every time. And that's enough for me. One tee will last about a month before I lose or break it.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I might have to give them a try. I have a buddy that's been using them for about a year. He likes them but I don't see much change in his distance. I can use a regular tee for about 2 rounds; don't break them and rarely lose them. And our ground is fairly firm. When I travel south to courses with Bermuda grass, they last a lot longer. Not sure if I like the idea of consistent tee height. I tend to tee low and high depending on what I want to do with the shot. Guess I could buy two different lengths.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

These are the only tees I use since I found out about them on the MGS Lab article.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I've used them exclusively for Driver and driving irons for about 2 years. I don't know if they add yards or lower dispersion, but they give you a good stable base at a uniform height every time. And that's enough for me. One tee will last about a month before I lose or break it.

Can you choose your height or is it their height? I generally use plastic tees with the blue stripes. I've had the same tee for a month plus.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I can't see myself plucking down that much for a tee. If they had an offer for free to try it, I'd give it a fair shot, but for that much money I can play the bag of tees I bought for an entire year.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Can you choose your height or is it their height? I generally use plastic tees with the blue stripes. I've had the same tee for a month plus.

they come in four sizes, plus a variety pack.   Each size has a little nub to stop it when it hits ground.  Very useful for playing from tees of uneven grass lengths.   I play a yellow with driver, red with 3 iron, wooden tee for other clubs.

they come in four sizes, plus a variety pack.   Each size has a little nub to stop it when it hits ground.  Very useful for playing from tees of uneven grass lengths.   I play a yellow with driver, red with 3 iron, wooden tee for other clubs.

Thanks

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Here's the link to their website......where they explain the how & whys of 4 yards more.....

http://4yardsmore.us/

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I see they have little nubby blue ones for hybrids that could go low for other iron shots.  I might try them, but I wonder how hard they will be to find after the shot.   I hate occasionally having to search for my 4 yds More after a shot like a dachshund after a bacon bit because I hate losing them.  And every iron shot is going to cut and spray them somewhere mixed with a divot.  With a driver, they only come out of the ground about half the time and when they do, they always go backwards.

Got some of these last year to make up an order to avoid postage costs, yep I'm that cheap.

Found them to be hard wearing and fine - longer? Who knows! I can't judge in every day play.

But I'd rather play coloured wood tees, this allows me to see the paint mark on the bottom of the club - particularly with woods and hybrids this helps me to see that my swing is coming through nicely. Small thing but helps me.

Also found wooden tees easier to get into the ground on cold days or on very dry courses.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Got some of these last year to make up an order to avoid postage costs, yep I'm that cheap.

Found them to be hard wearing and fine - longer? Who knows! I can't judge in every day play.

But I'd rather play coloured wood tees, this allows me to see the paint mark on the bottom of the club - particularly with woods and hybrids this helps me to see that my swing is coming through nicely. Small thing but helps me.

Also found wooden tees easier to get into the ground on cold days or on very dry courses.

Explain your last statement please? :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

They have a springy top so they give a bit when pushing down.   They can be tricky to push into hard turf.   But the prongs of that springy top bend, so if you push in at an uneven angle, you can bend a prong or two to still cradle your ball.

I wipe my driver face after every shot because doing so on a black faced club, I can see the impact mark from the ball every time.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I wipe my driver face after every shot because doing so on a black faced club, I can see the impact mark from the ball every time.

Me too......it's not difficult to see where you hit the ball on a black face driver.  As for the 4YM tees, I like that the blue tee sets up the ball at the height I like as it has a small flat area where the wood meets the plastic that puts the tee at the same height every time.

It's not just the tee mark on face, I get a line of colour on the sole which helps confirm what I can see from the ball flight.

Will dig out driver and see if there's a mark to demonstrate.

As for the tee going into the ground, I've always found plastic tees bend when being pushed into near frozen ground or very hard dry ground - worst you get with wood is they snap!

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

They have a springy top so they give a bit when pushing down.   They can be tricky to push into hard turf.   But the prongs of that springy top bend, so if you push in at an uneven angle, you can bend a prong or two to still cradle your ball.

If you grab the tee in the middle, where the wood meets the plastic, you can easily insert it into the ground up to the plastic ring with no probs. Can't get any easier this that.

Aah, you florida guys with your bermuda and gators and water tables above your knees.   You need to come west to encounter turf you can't drive nails into with a hammer.   I've broken tons of wooden tees trying to push them into the ground using a ball in a clenched fist.   Sadly, sometimes little squishy 4 yds more just won't go in.

Aah, you florida guys with your bermuda and gators and water tables above your knees.   You need to come west to encounter turf you can't drive nails into with a hammer.   I've broken tons of wooden tees trying to push them into the ground using a ball in a clenched fist.   Sadly, sometimes little squishy 4 yds more just won't go in.

Amen on that!  When it starts getting a little colder, I do use a hammer and nail to make a hole for the tee.  But the advantage is lots of roll in the fairway.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yep come the winter many uk golfers use weird little rubber mountain tees that sit on the ground, rather than going into it. I will sometimes use a little pile of soil on par 3's in the winter to avoid getting on hands and knees and having to push a tee into the ground.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Yep come the winter many uk golfers use weird little rubber mountain tees that sit on the ground, rather than going into it. I will sometimes use a little pile of soil on par 3's in the winter to avoid getting on hands and knees and having to push a tee into the ground.

Let's here it for the little rubber mountain tees....

41QqWWAjx0L.jpg

Let's here it for the little rubber mountain tees....

41QqWWAjx0L.jpg

I play something similar in the winter when the ground is frozen.  Can't get a tee in the ground.  

I haven't seen these before, but the one I use is a soft rubber.  I punched a small hole in the base and tied fishing line and a lead weight to it.  Stays on the tee box.

What's the name of those rubber volcanos?  I play a lot of winter golf and I'll have to try them.

Those rubber tees would be great at the range too. I lose more tees at the range than I do on the course.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Archived