TESTERS WANTED! ×

2015 Taylormade RSI2 irons revealed thru Chinese Fakes?

markb

Attached are photos of presumed Chinese fakes of the 2015 TMag RSI 2 slotted irons.   These photos are being openly shown and offered by a company called GolfMaster in Guangdong, China.  Here's a link to their site. http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/12778952/100_geniune_Taylormade_newest_2014_Rsi2_golf_irons_set_in_stocks.html#normal_img

The trouble is -- these TMag irons aren't for sale yet, nor have any official photos leaked.   So is this the wave of the future of golf equipment spy pics?  As we hunger for leaked photos from the manufacturers themselves, will we see the Chinese fakes first and then have to speculate on how close they are to the real things? 

Goo-filled slots in the actual faces, just like the sneak-peekers are saying.  I'll bet they are pretty close.

fake rsi2 1.jpg

fake rsi2 2.jpg

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Just an update, someone has suggested to me that the above photos might not actually be pictures of fakes, that the counterfeiters who are offering the clubs might have snapped covert photos of the real clubs being made in TMag's factories, hence the white gloved hands visible in the pictures to prevent identification of the employee taking the photos.  

This is all just speculation, however.   I have no idea if this theory is correct or just a wild guess.   But I think it's a pretty safe assumption that Guangdong's "Gomfaster/Golfmaster" is not advertising legitimate, unreleased Taylormade product.

The real ones are supposed to be announced mid October.

I am 95% sure that this is the real thing.  Saw the RSi1 today. Bigger, with bigger speed slots in the face. About the size of a Speedblade. RSi2 should look alot like RBladez Tour. There is also going to be an RSiTP... Shaped almost exactly like the TPMC that is on the market right now....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Could very well be.   They'll be on us in about two weeks so we should see the real leaks in a matter of days.

I've got no complaints about the looks at all.   Relatively conservative. a generational refinement and sharp.

Big changes ahead for TaylorMade this year.  All of them good. 

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

saw the rsi2 irons and id say that these pics are very accurate to what i saw...

TM Aeroburner tp w/Kurokage xm70tx

TM Aeroburner tp 15* w/ Kaili 80x

TM Aeroburner tp 18* w/ Kaili 80x

Miura cb-57 3-pw w/modus 125x

Miura 51,55,59 w/modus 125x

Gauge Design GSS Devon

RSI1 Iron pics are up on another site and they are not as good looking.   Big thick toplines.  RSI1's are the Speedblade replacement, whereas these are the SLDR/CB replacement.   These are better looking and I agree with Mmmmmbuddy, I think these are probably real pics.   The RSI1's are high polish chrome with BIG and somewhat distracting face slots.   Just not as integrated a design.   It's as if TMag sorta thinks a GI distance iron has to be ugly to work. 

I love my Speedblades, but I've always thought they were ugly from the back.   Now that they're obsolete, I'm gonna get out the spray paint and clean up their backsides.  Hey, they lasted 1.5 years -- not bad for a life cycle at Taylormade.

No pics of the RSI TP yet.  The TP MB will stay in place for 2015

Just visited Golfmaster's website in Guangdong.   http://www.cn001-golf.com/sdp/1738382/4/main-6436043/0/Home.html  Man, they don't even try to hide.   Full of fake everything at wholesale prices.  The good news is they are much more concerned about knocking off high priced JDM clubs than worrying about the cheaper USDM things.

Strange I looked at that picture and assumed it said R5i 2

Ah well perhaps my eyes are going

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I'm pretty sure these aren't replacements for the TP lines, as the TP line runs on a two yr cycle.  I am fairly certain the these are just replacements for the speedblade and SLDR irons.  I think they also serve the purpose of giving the Tour Pro more of a variety to choose from when it comes to irons.  I also foresee another line of irons coming out to match whatever driver will be replacing the Jetspeed (i.e. RBZ, RocketBladez, Burner, Burner 2.0, R11, etc.).

What's in my red Sun Mountain Swift X stand bag...

Driver-

:taylormade-small: .R1 TP white (set to 8.0*) with Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Flex shaft

FWY Wood-

:taylormade-small:  R9 15* 3 wood

Hybrid-

:taylormade-small:  Rescue11 4 hybrid 21*ish (lowered to play closer to a 3/4 hybrid).

Irons-

:taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Wedges-

:taylormade-small:   Tour Preferred 51*

:vokey-small:  SM4 54*

:vokey-small:  SM4 58*

Putter(s)-

:cameron-small:  Studio Design 1 (I need a new Pistolero grip) -this is the club that I am currently gaming-

:callaway-small:  Odyssey White Ice #7 with pink accents/orange Super Stroke 3.0

Ball-

:taylormade-small:  Tour Preferred x

:titelist-small:           Pro V1x

Shoes-

:footjoy-small:  Sport Spike less [black],

:footjoy-small:  Sport [white w/ black saddle]

Follow me on twitter at @Rien_Maolalaidh and instagram at @rien_o.maolalaidh

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure these aren't replacements for the TP lines, as the TP line runs on a two yr cycle.  I am fairly certain the these are just replacements for the speedblade and SLDR irons.  I think they also serve the purpose of giving the Tour Pro more of a variety to choose from when it comes to irons.  I also foresee another line of irons coming out to match whatever driver will be replacing the Jetspeed (i.e. RBZ, RocketBladez, Burner, Burner 2.0, R11, etc.).

Sadly, I get my info from pretty well placed sources.   Speedblades out, RSI1 in (and it's pretty ugly),  SLDR and CB out, RSI2 in.   MC out, RSI TP in.   MB will stay in 2015.    SLDR driver out, R15 in.   I hear rumors of a Burner too.

If I'm wrong, you won't have to wait long for your neener neeners.   Announcements should break by the 15th.   We should see the RSI TP before then, however.

Sadly, I get my info from pretty well placed sources.   Speedblades out, RSI1 in (and it's pretty ugly),  SLDR and CB out, RSI2 in.   MC out, RSI TP in.   MB will stay in 2015.    SLDR driver out, R15 in.   I hear rumors of a Burner too.

If I'm wrong, you won't have to wait long for your neener neeners.   Announcements should break by the 15th.   We should see the RSI TP before then, however.

I got these exact words from a rep I know:

(I had just asked her about the tour preferred 360 service, and if the CB and MC lines would be discontinued) "actually ,typically, they run about 3 to 5 year cycles on the tour preferred lines, so I am doubtful of the rumors as well, like you. I wouldn't think they would rescind an offer they have already given everyone, but, I don't have anything concrete yet to answer for sure, since it's all in flux contingent on what they are announcing exactly come the 15th"

I know that she was probably beating around the bush a little, but I still don't think that the TP line will be ousted.  I agree with what you were saying about the replacement of the SLDR and Speedblade irons, but I am fairly certain that the Tour Preferred lines are their own separate entities, and can only be replaced by the next gen TP irons in 2-3 years.  I compare this situation to Titleist and their many iron sets.  They have the CBs, MCs, and MBs but at the same time they have the AP1 and AP2 irons.  Only the CB irons can replace the CB irons, they cant replace the AP2's because they are each part of their own line and tailor to each individual player's needs, which goes back to my point about offering the players a little more variety.  For a player like Justin Rose who captured two wins this year (The Quicken Loans National and the Scottish Open) with the help of his spectacular iron play, I don't think he will jump at the opportunity to switch equipment.  He plays a blended set of CB irons in the long clubs and MC irons in the short clubs.  He and the rest of the tour players always have a chance to switch to another set of irons if they like something (i.e. Boo Weekly and D.A. Points with the SLDR irons), but for someone like Rosey or Jamie Donaldson who have been playing very well with their irons, I think that switch to a new set might be very difficult.  This is just my personal opinion and insight though and I could always be wrong, but I guess we will all see on October 15th (I'm pretty sure the R15 [and I have heard the name AeroBurner floating around as the second driver] release will be at a later time).

Driver-

:taylormade-small: .R1 TP white (set to 8.0*) with Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Flex shaft

FWY Wood-

Hybrid-

:taylormade-small:  Rescue11 4 hybrid 21*ish (lowered to play closer to a 3/4 hybrid).

Irons-

Wedges-

Putter(s)-

:cameron-small:  Studio Design 1 (I need a new Pistolero grip) -this is the club that I am currently gaming-

:callaway-small:  Odyssey White Ice #7 with pink accents/orange Super Stroke 3.0

Ball-

Shoes-

Cheers!

I got these exact words from a rep I know:

(I had just asked her about the tour preferred 360 service, and if the CB and MC lines would be discontinued) "actually ,typically, they run about 3 to 5 year cycles on the tour preferred lines, so I am doubtful of the rumors as well, like you. I wouldn't think they would rescind an offer they have already given everyone, but, I don't have anything concrete yet to answer for sure, since it's all in flux contingent on what they are announcing exactly come the 15th"

I know that she was probably beating around the bush a little, but I still don't think that the TP line will be ousted.  I agree with what you were saying about the replacement of the SLDR and Speedblade irons, but I am fairly certain that the Tour Preferred lines are their own separate entities, and can only be replaced by the next gen TP irons in 2-3 years.  I compare this situation to Titleist and their many iron sets.  They have the CBs, MCs, and MBs but at the same time they have the AP1 and AP2 irons.  Only the CB irons can replace the CB irons, they cant replace the AP2's because they are each part of their own line and tailor to each individual player's needs, which goes back to my point about offering the players a little more variety.  For a player like Justin Rose who captured two wins this year (The Quicken Loans National and the Scottish Open) with the help of his spectacular iron play, I don't think he will jump at the opportunity to switch equipment.  He plays a blended set of CB irons in the long clubs and MC irons in the short clubs.  He and the rest of the tour players always have a chance to switch to another set of irons if they like something (i.e. Boo Weekly and D.A. Points with the SLDR irons), but for someone like Rosey or Jamie Donaldson who have been playing very well with their irons, I think that switch to a new set might be very difficult.  This is just my personal opinion and insight though and I could always be wrong, but I guess we will all see on October 15th (I'm pretty sure the R15 [and I have heard the name AeroBurner floating around as the second driver] release will be at a later time).

Expecting Taylormade to conform to set schedules and past precedence with their release cycles is like expecting Miley Cyrus to stick with the same hairdo.   They can and will do anything on any timetable to move product.   This is the company that released the R1, then the R1 black, then the SLDR in about a five month window.   Now that agenda involves something called the RSI.   Don't recall seeing that before, what does it even mean?   They'll probably tell us in a few days.

RSI = Repetitive Strain Injury at least in the UK, even for Taylormade surely they would spot the irony of them calling clubs that?

Don't know if that's how it's known in the states or elsewhere though.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

RSI = Repetitive Strain Injury at least in the UK, even for Taylormade surely they would spot the irony of them calling clubs that?

Really Superawesome Irons?

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

We call it carpal tunnel syndrome.

I'm now hearing that the MC might stick around for 2015.  So this RSi2 is now thought to be the SLDR replacement and the RSi TP is the CB replacement.  (Not surprisingly that the CB will go, as it was not very well liked and sold poorly.)   It's all just speculation though.   Reps are playing dumb and claiming they don't know.

Nope we call it carpel tunnel as well!

But recognise that if it's only UK that uses the term RSI (muscular skeletal ailments of the upper body caused by repetitive work - particularly use of computer equipment) then taylormade might not consider it issue....

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Expecting Taylormade to conform to set schedules and past precedence with their release cycles is like expecting Miley Cyrus to stick with the same hairdo.   They can and will do anything on any timetable to move product.   This is the company that released the R1, then the R1 black, then the SLDR in about a five month window.   Now that agenda involves something called the RSI.   Don't recall seeing that before, what does it even mean?   They'll probably tell us in a few days.

Look at their history though.  With all of the technology that has been introduced in the past 5-10 years , one thing has stayed consistent, and that is the Tour Preferred line.  The Rocketbladez Tour could have easily gotten rid of both the 2011 version of the CB and MC, but they stayed as a stalwart in TaylorMade's tour line up. Same with the R11, R9, and even the SLDR irons, only a CB iron can replace a CB iron, and only an MC iron can replace a MC iron.  all of their other "Latest and Greatest" irons come and go, but the TP line up (the whole thing) has stayed the same.  I guarantee you, that just as many RSi irons will be in play as there are Tour Preferred irons this week at the Frys.Com.  Cheers. 

Driver-

FWY Wood-

Hybrid-

Irons-

Wedges-

Putter(s)-

Ball-

Shoes-

Cheers!

Look at their history though.  With all of the technology that has been introduced in the past 5-10 years , one thing has stayed consistent, and that is the Tour Preferred line.  The Rocketbladez Tour could have easily gotten rid of both the 2011 version of the CB and MC, but they stayed as a stalwart in TaylorMade's tour line up. Same with the R11, R9, and even the SLDR irons, only a CB iron can replace a CB iron, and only an MC iron can replace a MC iron.  all of their other "Latest and Greatest" irons come and go, but the TP line up (the whole thing) has stayed the same.  I guarantee you, that just as many RSi irons will be in play as there are Tour Preferred irons this week at the Frys.Com.  Cheers. 

That's a pretty confident summary of Taylormade's legacy of staunch tradition, especially from someone whose golfing memory extends back to about 2007 at best.  

I remember things a bit differently and sadly, Taylormade's own product history as evidenced by their year by year spec sheets doesn't show a stolid 3 year cycle of conservative product replacement within related family groups.  http://taylormadegolf.com/shared-customer-service-customer-contact-us/product-specs.html.  It reveals that they pretty much do whatever they want to do whenever they want to do it and they give their irons whatever names they fancy at the time.

• Going back to 2003, they didn't offer CB and MC sets, but they did have the Rac TP combo set (with CB and MB components) and Rac MB irons which weren't called TP.  These were Coin forged classics, still played by many today. and made by Miura.  They still sell well on the used market.
  • 2004, they brought out their RAC coin-forged TP irons.  No CB, no MC.  Instead they had some irons designated OS and LT.
  • In 2005 things changed and we had a different set of RAC forged TP that were Muscle Cavity in style but not designated MC, as well as OS and LT irons, plus some R7 game improvement irons.
  • In 2006, You have a new Rac TP MB that looks very much like the old coin forged Miuras, but is no longer made by Miura.   Then you have an R7 TP (an odd duck) plus some more R7's and even an R5 xlt.
  • 2007 saw the release of the funky R7 CGB MAX and Burner XD models, but that's about it.
  • 2008 brought us the TP MB Smoke, basically the same club as the 2006 model and physically very similar to the 2003 model.  Gone is the Rac name.  In comes the new Tour Burner irons, the Burner Plus irons, and the "Tour Preferred" irons which are not called either CB or MC, nor should they be.  Actually they are GI irons and not blades at all. 
  • 2009 gives us the R9 and R9 TP irons.   Hard to say what style irons they are.  Certainly can't call them CB or MC in the way that Titleist does.  They are flashy progressive combo irons and I presume they were replacements for the R7 irons.
  • 2010 brings us the hot Burner 2.0's, the Burner Superlaunchs, the R9 TP B irons, and the first appearance of the Tour Preferred MB, MC, and CB triplet irons.  Taylormade seems to be using the terms "TP" and "Tour Preferred" in different and confusing ways at this point.
  • 2011 reveals slight changes to the Tour Preferred CB irons, and introduces the R11 which also has the interchangeable weight in the back.
  • All hell breaks loose in 2012 with the introduction of the Rocketballz and RBZ Max.   The R11, Burner 2.0 and Tour Preferred MB and MC remain, CB gone.  By this time the TP moniker on the woods means little more than "upgraded shaft".
  • In 2013, the Tour Preferred MB's are still around in small leftover numbers, but the MC's and CB's are gone along with Burner and R11.  It's all RBZ and RBZ Max, Rocketbladez and Rocketbladez Tours and Speedblades.
  • For 2014, the Tour Preferred triplets return after much speculation on whether we'll see the TP badge again.  We don't.   In the spring the SLDR irons are released to fill the gap between the Speedblades and the Tour Preferreds.  Rocketbladez are phased out after an odd HL version with no slots.  Rbladez Tours are dead, in fact they were DOA.

In summary of the above, I don't see a lot of consistency in Taylormade's use of the "TP" or "Tour Preferred" names and I certainly don't see an long genealogy for the CB, MC and MB triplets that cycles every 3 years.   I see one previous generation dating from 2010 in which the MB lasts 4 years, the MC lasts 3, and the CB lasts 2.  One previous generation does not a dynasty make.  

Back to the clubs and away from speculation about what may or may not carry-over into 2015.

Many more new photos of these are up on another blog.   These chinese pics appear to be of real clubs.   The word "forged" is present just under the taylormade stamp.  It can't be seen in the Chinese pics but is visible in others.  

The slots progressively disappear with the 8, 9, PW.   7 thru 4 have 4 slots, the PW has none

The RSi TP's will supposedly sport the little TP shield again.  It has a lot of fans, I don't know why.   So this is a return to what they did with the R7 TP and R9 TP.   Using "TP" and "Tour Preferred" differently but simultaneously is odd, but they've done it before.   I guess we could say they are consistently inconsistent  -- or maybe inconsistently consistent.

Either way, consensus is forming around the RSi2 and RSi TP being good looking, RSi 1 not so much.   Golfmaster/Gomfaster has pulled their pics of the RSi2.   I guess they discovered the real ones weren't for sale yet.

And here are some more pics from a German ebay listing http://www.ebay.de/itm/Tour-Issue-Taylormade-RSI2-Iron-Head-Set-Stunning-Latest-Irons-From-TM-TP-SLDR-/181543248343?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Golf_GolfClubs_JN&hash=item2a44d221d7&clk_rvr_id=711453799398&nma=true&si=DWzeKwkR0%252FW%252BUb%252FLtLKnfv%252FrEtw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And another UK ebay auction purported to sell basically the same clubs: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tour-Issue-Taylormade-RSI2-Iron-Head-Set-Stunning-Latest-Irons-From-TM-TP-SLDR-/181543248343?nma=true&si=4A0rFZc4bqLFjWrrf3hjCoR0I1k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Both auctions seem to use very similar photos and have been pulled, so could they be fakes?   They might just be optimistic pre-sellers sponging off of the only photos they can find.

rsi2.jpg

In examining the many pics of RSi2's that are floating around out there, I've noticed that some say "Forged" in the center medallion and some say nothing in the same spot.   Leads me to suspect that some may be fakes as originally suspected.   Others report that only the 8, 9, and PW say forged because they are forged.   The others are cast so they lack the forged stamp.

Still no pics of the TP that I can find. (UPDATE:  Just found some, see other thread.)

hmm look see here!

http://bit.ly/1EVKb1R

RSi 1 Irons Face Slot Technology for Distance and Forgiveness
The RSi 1 Irons are the culmination of TaylorMade's quest to increase speed, enhance distance, and provide forgiveness. New Face Slot technology on the heel and toe of the irons provide uniform flexation across the face at impact, generating higher ball speeds and protecting distance even on off-center hits. Combined with the successful Speed Pocket Technology in the sole of the irons, the RSi 1's are fast, long, and extremely forgiving, culminating in high MOI playability and impressive performance.

Features
  • New Face Slot Technology in 3-8 irons
  • Two slots located near the heel and toe of the clubface that provide uniform flexion across the face
  • Protects ball speed and generating more consistent distance on off-center hits
  • Improved Speed Pocket with ThruSlot Technology in 3-7 irons
  • Provides ball speed protection on shots below the center of the face
  • Increases launch angle and ball speed on all shots
  • Advanced Face Design: Deep undercut and Inverted Cone Technology combine to promote maximum face speed
  • Improved sound and feel through advanced construction and multiple dampening systems
  • New Reax 90 steel shaft from True Temper helps to optimize ball flight for ultimate distance and performance

Driver: Titleist TS2 11.5° set to 10.75°
Wood: Cobra F-Max Superlite 3W 16°
Hybrids:  Cobra F-Max Superlite 3 Hybrid 19° /
XXIO X 23° 26°
Irons: Callaway Rogue X 7-AW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 52° Cleveland RTX-3 58°
Putter: EvnRoll ER2 33" 2° loft 385g Winn Pro X 1.18 grip
Ball: Titleist ProV1x 2019 - Yellow
GPS: Bushnell Tour V4 Slope
Stat Tracking Device: Game Golf Live

follow@golf93454

Looks like the spy pics were right on the money, as were the predictions of which products would stay and which would go.   Buh-bye SB, SLDR, CB, and MC!   A few will be missed, one (CB) not so much. 

I predict that SB's and SLDR's will still sell a good premiums in the used market for some time to come.  The Rbladez still fetch $200 - $300 easily.

I got to hit these today and they are long and loud! The slots on the face weren't distracting at all.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Archived