BIION Footwear - A Love Story

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

MGS STAFF REVIEW

BIION FOOTWEAR

biion-review-header.jpg

Written by: Dan Mann

My Dearest BIION,

I'm writing you this letter so you'll always know the impact you've had on my life. I'll never forget that night I came across your profile online as it's burned into my memory for all eternity.

biion-profile-outline.jpg

A LITTLE ABOUT ME:

I'm a touch old-fashioned with traditional roots and an Oxford Brogue style. I like to think I'm re-defining the classic Oxford theme, but with a spikeless twist.

I'm super comfortable, waterproof, washable, anti-microbial, and odor-resistant. My EVA material makes me the lightest catch in town.

I have a Dual-Density Midsole, meaning I'm shock-absorbent and really stable.

People constantly compliment me on my spikeless ‘honeycomb' pattern cleats, saying how I'm always increasing their grip.

Most of all I like to think I'm an original design that pays homage to timeless Oxford silhouettes. I'll dazzle you with my five collections and over 30 styles.

biion-review-interior.jpg

I messaged you that night; I could barely sleep with anticipation of your reply. Morning came and I unlocked my phone, there was a notification, it was you. My palms got sweaty and I giggled like girls passing notes in class . Then you made me the happiest man in the world.

“Meet me Saturday morning at eight?”

IT'S A DATE

biion-review-3shoes-bridge.jpg

When I first gazed upon you BIION I was shocked. “How could this be the same loafer?” I asked myself. Is this really what EVA is? You don't exactly look like you do in your in your profile photos. I mean, I knew you were EVA but I thought you'd feel a little more luxurious for your prices.

Anyways it's a date so I sucked it up. You did look pretty all done up in your fancy packaging, bold colours and stylish trimmings.

And then, I tried you on.

biion-review-black-sole-toe.jpg

Biion, you were so comfy and airy on my toes, my heart raced like a schoolboy during his first kiss.

Your inner sole felt a little slick against my socks; I stopped and took them off. Wow, you really knew how to get a guy's attention by letting him bare it all. We made some unforgettable shots on the course that day thanks to your increased stability and your vivid colour pallet certainly turned a lot of heads.

It was all going so well and then I waded into that damp rough…

biion-review-vents.jpg

Wait a minute, you didn't warn me those air holes on top would let water in! You lied to me saying your material is waterproof. Now my feet were are all wet, how did you expect me to go into that bunker?

We ended our date fast and quickly went our separate ways.

IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE

biion-review-gray-back.jpg

As the week went by all I could think about was the weekend and the chance of seeing you again. I'd spent many a late nights matching all your styles with every piece of my wardrobe; “I'm going to need more belts!” I exclaimed.  

Then you texted; “Saturday at 9?”

Here in pleasantly mild Vancouver, I live in flip flops from May until October and you, BIION, are the first shoe that comes even close to that love on the golf course. You feel so open and free, yet somehow you mold gently to my feet. Your comfort can only be described of that like a warm cup of cocoa on a cold winter's morn.

biion-review-swing.jpg

Your Dual-Density Midsole has a massage like effect while giving me more than ample stability. I'm really shocked how solid your honeycomb cleat pattern feels over every shot.

Let's not forget how light you are either, I hear the angels' harps as we float through the clouds.

But what about that dew you ask? OK I get it now; your materials are waterproof, but not the overall shoe. However, this is what makes you special. A little water on the toes is not a big deal; it quickly evaporates and dries because you're so airy. My playing partner just complained her socks are all wet from trudging through the damp rough in her street style shoes.

biion-review-sole-lower.jpg

And when the round's all over, I simply take you off and run you under a tap. There, all clean. Then a quick towel down and back onto my feet for perhaps a stylish clubhouse lunch or drinks on the patio.

THE WRAP

biion-wet-fall.jpg

We took another long, beautiful fall walk today amongst the dew soaked leaves. My feet are soaked, but I see your inner beauty now. It's no secret I want you for less, but perhaps that's a "me not you thing", as it seems everyone we talk to expects you to cost at least a hundred dollars or more.

In all honesty my feet have never felt as good as when I'm with you BIION and I'm sure glad I went down a size as recommended.

I wish we had spent our entire lives together, but no sense living in the past. We've got a long and bright future ahead of us.

http://www.biionfootwear.com/

biion-review-the-end.jpg

biion-review-3-front.jpg

biion-review-black-top.jpg

biion-review-black-full-sol.jpg

biion-review-gray-side.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

........ love hate relationship,  what happens if you step into some mud or it starts raining ????

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I'm torn on these.  $100 for golf shoes isn't bad at all, but $100 for crocs with a heal seems very steep.  I'm guessing the margins are pretty good for this company :)

I just can't force myself to pull the trigger at the current price, I think down in that $50-$60 range I'd be much more inclined to buy.  As a guy who plays a lot of golf in flip flops there is an appeal to playing without socks.  Even with the vent holes though I would imagine my feet getting pretty damn hot when it's 90 and sunny outside.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• SPY VIP

I'm torn on these.  $100 for golf shoes isn't bad at all, but $100 for crocs with a heal seems very steep.  I'm guessing the margins are pretty good for this company :)

I just can't force myself to pull the trigger at the current price, I think down in that $50-$60 range I'd be much more inclined to buy.  As a guy who plays a lot of golf in flip flops there is an appeal to playing without socks.  Even with the vent holes though I would imagine my feet getting pretty damn hot when it's 90 and sunny outside.

Agreed 100% on the first part

Hottest I tried was about 77º luckily in September and they vented great. I did notice though standing in the direct sun for a few minutes got a little warm.

I'll say this, if my home was in Hawaii I'd live in these things.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Agreed 100% on the first part

Hottest I tried was about 77º luckily in September and they vented great. I did notice though standing in the direct sun for a few minutes got a little warm.

I'll say this, if my home was in Hawaii I'd live in these things.

...I live in Hawaii... I might have to put these to the ultimate test! A walking round at Ko'Olau... hilly golf in the closest we have to a rainforest...

Interesting look -- not sure if I could play without socks.  It's kinda like playing without underwear.  Are these in stores -- gotta see em to make any conclusions, but you make them sound intriguing...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I had a pair of shoe a couple of years ago that I loved.  I wore them out, and have not had a pair of comfortable shoes since.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Sorry, but I could find much better looking shoes for $100.

Agreed, the colors are nice but the style of the shoe just isn't for me

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

When Crocs bought Bite Shoes, I hoped they'd come out with an EVA shoe.  Instead, they killed off the golf shoe line.  These could be interesting...

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

My problem is I usually play in the morning when courses are soaked. Plus at home, when there's a little rain... things get ankle deep in the rough. Having vents may be good if there's dew, but i think in rain I'll stick with my shoes that I bought for 30 bucks in Vegas when I was desperate and got a two year warranty on.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• SPY VIP

I think it's safe to assume these fall into the category of "summer" shoes. I have no objection to them after it has rained or a heavy morning dew, but certainly would not wear them in winter or heavy rain.

With that said if I lived in Hawaii and it was 80+ degrees every day I could easily suffer through a little rain in these.

*please note they get a little squeaky when wet inside lol

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I think it's safe to assume these fall into the category of "summer" shoes. I have no objection to them after it has rained or a heavy morning dew, but certainly would not wear them in winter or heavy rain.

With that said if I lived in Hawaii and it was 80+ degrees every day I could easily suffer through a little rain in these.

*please note they get a little squeaky when wet inside lol

I may be interested... where I live is legit the sunniest spot on earth.. and we only see 3 inches of rain a year.

Only issue again is when the turf is wet, it takes awhile to get it to dry out.

If they knock down the price I may have to go for it.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

But... but... but... 

They are Crocs for the golf course.  OMG, it's like birth control for your feet, because no self respecting woman is going to chase a guy wearing Crocs.

( yes, just a little tongue in cheek! )

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

• SPY VIP

But... but... but... 

They are Crocs for the golf course.  OMG, it's like birth control for your feet, because no self respecting woman is going to chase a guy wearing Crocs.

( yes, just a little tongue in cheek! )

But they're sooooooo comfy!

Is this the attitude of a man who's been married long enough he doesn't care anymore? lol

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

But they're sooooooo comfy!

Is this the attitude of a man who's been married long enough he doesn't care anymore? lol

Pretty much cause getting a girl in crocs is harder than quantum phyics

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• SPY VIP

We're experiencing effects in Vancouver from some of the typhoons in the Pacific currently. Rained hard end of last week and everything's soaked, but it didn't keep me from wearing these out yesterday morning.

Feet are a little wet, but sure is nice to just air hose em off after and run them under a tap when I get home.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

Another style option to show ya

#snake! Now I feel real #fancy in my latest @biionfootwear #golfshoes

View on Instagram

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I think the appearance would be much improved with a "faux" shoe lace.

That's it!  that's the missing piece.  Was wondering why they looked kinda incomplete...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

A question and a comment.

How are they temperature wise?  They look like they'd be cooler in the heat.

I think the appearance would be much improved with a "faux" shoe lace.

They air really well, hottest I've played is about 75

I'll throw a lace in the them for kicks tonight ;) Problem is currently there's no tongue behind them so they'd be lumpy

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

They air really well, hottest I've played is about 75

I'll throw a lace in the them for kicks tonight ;) Problem is currently there's no tongue behind them so they'd be lumpy

Thats why I say "faux"; doesn't need to tie, just something through the loops.

Post a pic with a lace through them though, it may change my mind on the looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived