TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hi, I'm just new to MyGolfSpy.com

I'd just like to introduce myself to all of you wonderful and interesting golfers ... Young or Old, Wise or Foolish, Seasoned Veterans or Novice Players.

I've been around the game for a lifetime (62 years for me). My Dad and his Brothers founded the old Ram Golf Company in Melrose Park, Ill. Since 1947 my family has owned several golf equipment brands including Ram, Zebra, Tour Grind, Lazer, Bristol, Sportsman, Kroydon, and Vulcan. I have personally worked with and befriended many of the top players in the world of golf from Tommy Bolt, Gary Player, Gene Littler, and Chip Beck, to Tom Watson, Nick Price, Patty Sheehan, and Nancy Lopez.

I've been out of the manufacturing business now for over five years and have a growing concern for both the game and the business.

I read your posts often. I am very interested in your comments or any and all subjects. I also look forward to your comments on anything I might post that interests me.

Sincerely, Gary Hansberger

• SPY VIP

I'd just like to introduce myself to all of you wonderful and interesting golfers ... Young or Old, Wise or Foolish, Seasoned Veterans or Novice Players.

I've been around the game for a lifetime (62 years for me). My Dad and his Brothers founded the old Ram Golf Company in Melrose Park, Ill. Since 1947 my family has owned several golf equipment brands including Ram, Zebra, Tour Grind, Lazer, Bristol, Sportsman, Kroydon, and Vulcan. I have personally worked with and befriended many of the top players in the world of golf from Tommy Bolt, Gary Player, Gene Littler, and Chip Beck, to Tom Watson, Nick Price, Patty Sheehan, and Nancy Lopez.

I've been out of the manufacturing business now for over five years and have a growing concern for both the game and the business.

I read your posts often. I am very interested in your comments or any and all subjects. I also look forward to your comments on anything I might post that interests me.

Sincerely, Gary Hansberger

Wow Gary fantastic to have you!

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Welcome Gary, that's quite the pedigree.  Looking forward to your insights and participation around the forum!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Thank you for joining us Gary - you must have a lifetime of wisdom and great stories to share!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Welcome to MGS Gary,  when I graduated from high school in '68, my Grandfather gave me a choice....a full set of Ram irons or a half set of Powerbilts.......sorry to tell you but I chose the Powerbilts!....LOL

You will find this Forum to be full of Gentlemen from all walks of Life, from all corners of the Globe, and with all levels of Golf Handicap.  Enjoy the time you spend with us.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Wow Berger welcome. My beginner irons were Kroydons and I played Ram tour grinds from the late 70 s to 84 or so. Loved those clubs, had lots of fun with them. Broke 80 with the kroydons and par for the first time with the tour grinds.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Because I'm new to this forum I wanted to thank you all for welcoming me.

I appreciate your thoughts on Kroydon, Ram, Tour Grinds and other stories. Kinda makes me feel like I'm kicking back by the Fireplace with a beer or glass of Cabernet and talking golf. Thank you, Berger.

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Hello.  I am new, naturally, or I would not be writing this!  As my profile user name indicates, I am a lifelong HoganFan, being from Texas and having toured the Hogan factory on numerous occasions and seeing Mr. Hogan there.  I am excited to hear of their comeback and I think Terry Koehler will "do him proud!"  I am in the Oil & Gas Industry and don't get to play as much as I used to, but manage to practice regularly.  My wife; however, is a 7 day a weeker and single digit handicapper.  Makes me sick!  Member of two clubs, one in East Texas and one in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex.  I am an equipment nut that buys and sells just to "see" the new stuff and old stuff.  But, I always go back to my Hogans.  O'well!  Thanks for reading and have fun on the links.  Charles

Hello.  I am new, naturally, or I would not be writing this!  As my profile user name indicates, I am a lifelong HoganFan, being from Texas and having toured the Hogan factory on numerous occasions and seeing Mr. Hogan there.  I am excited to hear of their comeback and I think Terry Koehler will "do him proud!"  I am in the Oil & Gas Industry and don't get to play as much as I used to, but manage to practice regularly.  My wife; however, is a 7 day a weeker and single digit handicapper.  Makes me sick!  Member of two clubs, one in East Texas and one in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex.  I am an equipment nut that buys and sells just to "see" the new stuff and old stuff.  But, I always go back to my Hogans.  O'well!  Thanks for reading and have fun on the links.  Charles

Glad you're with us HoganFan - always good to see another Hogan enthusiast here on the forums!  Like you - can't wait to see the new Hogan line - think they absolutely picked the right team for the job over at Scor.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Congratulations on joining the best golf forum!  Lot's of Texas MGS'ers here.

Love the SCOR wedges and looking forward to seeing the new Hogan lineup.  Welcome aboard HoganFan!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Welcome to the forums Charles! Do you have any stories of your trips through the Hogan factory at all? There certainly is a steadily building excitement for the re-emergence of the Hogan brand here ... And not just with the "more experienced" guys on here 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see you and Hogan Fan on here. Its about time we got some old timers on here besides a couple of us.

As far as the Ram and Bristol equipment I am very familiar with it because my Dad ran a public course for many years and sold a lot of Bristol and Ram beginner sets and got a lot of folks started playing this game with that equipment. In fact even though my dad was mostly a MacGregor and Wilson staffer he carried and played one of those Kroyden "Big Daddy" sand wedges for years.

I am really looking forward to maybe you posting some stories from the old days and with your experience some posts on the equipment industry now days

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Welcome guys, as Big Stu said above, we can use some more oldtimers around here! - lol

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived