Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Sunice Outerwear & Apparel

SPY ZINGER

logo.png

Sunice is a Canadian based outerwear company under the Fletcher Sport Brands (Tommy Hilfiger & AUR).  The company was popularized in the ski industry before emerging into the golf marketplace in 1992.  Since that time, Sunice has been proven across the professional tours as a respected outwear brand.  If there is anyone that knows about cold weather, it's certainly the Canadians.

For the past five years, I have had a piece of golf specific Sunice outerwear in my bag for each respective season here in Minnesota.  There are certain attributes to Sunice outerwear and apparel that stand out among others in this segment.  Most noteably, time and again, is the product durability and longevity.  Sunice has proven, at least to me, that they make an outstanding product that is built to last.  Let's face it, from equipment, to green fees, to apparel, our game is expensive, and it's not getting any cheaper.  Consumers are placing a premium of stretching their dollar when it comes to equipment product cycles.  At the same time, waterproof gear is expensive as well.  Knowing the outwear will last season after season, provides peace of mind when making the investment.  Sunice delivers in this category.

SPENCER

Hurricane Collection

s03002_0272e-front.png

An essential piece of outwear in Minnesota is the short sleeve waterproof pullover.  I can't give you the Farmers Almanac facts, but it seems as though if I am playing in the rain here, the temperatures are usually fairly warm.  There are the early spring and late fall anomalies but it always seems like if it's raining, and I am playing, its usually hot and humid.  Thus, for me, the short sleeve waterproof rain gear is always in my bag.

The attribute I like most about the Spencer is that it is trim fit.  If you're going to wear a short sleeve rain jacket, chances are you're wearing short sleeves underneath as well.  As such, the Spencer fits more like a golf shirt for size, than a typical jacket.  This eliminates excess bulk that can get in the way of the golf swing.  When you pick up the Spencer for the first time, you'll immediately notice how incredibly light it is for outwear.  Additionally, the Spencer has a “Pro-Trim” waist cinching system.  This gives the jacket an adjustable tailor fit around your midsection.  This prevents the jacket from bunching up when bending forward while putting.  The Spencer also comes with another feature I have yet to see, a detachable ball cleaner shammy inside the pocket.

The Spencer is one of the best fitting, waterproof pullover I've owned to date.  The durable construction combined with Gore-Tex waterproofing render the Spencer one of the best jackets in this category.  As mentioned, the fit of the Spencer is slim fitting, so error on going up a size if you need some extra room.

IMG_5098.jpg

IMG_5102.jpg

IMG_5100.JPG

IMG_5101.JPG

IMG_5103.JPG

Bremer & Jordan Shirts

8100_2304-front.png811015_8502-front.png

The Bremer and Jordan shirts are selections out of the Sunice “Silver” collection.  Shirts infused with silver is not something new to athletic gear, but not commonly seen in golf apparel.  Silver is said to be an effective anti-microbial agent, and is at the core of the Sliver collection shirts.  Sunice called this infusion, “X-Static” which combine thermo regulating (cool when hot, hot when cool,) anti-odor, and anti-static properties.

IMG_5087.jpgIMG_5088.jpg

IMG_5090.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

Much like the Sunice outerwear, their golf polo's are well-constructed, premium technical fabric shirts with exacting attention to detail.  Their durability, colorfastness, and lack of fabric breakdown wash after wash adds to their quality and value.  Sunice continues to be a proven leader in performance driven apparel at each and every layer.  Sunice polo's fit very true to size, and fit slightly narrower through the torso.

IMG_5086.JPG

IMG_5089.JPG

IMG_5091.JPG

IMG_5092.JPG

Posted Image

That's some nice looking stuff Zinger!  Have a couple of Sunice items in the closet (one thanks to you!) that have held up quite well...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 3 years later...

Archived