Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Long time listener, first time caller: North Alabama

I am have been a frequent vistor for a while now, but very limited in my involvement in the formus, but thought I would say hello.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and I need to do some work on my profile, but please reach out. Glad to be here.

@KW_Johnston

Driver: Callaway XR

3 Wood: Nike Vrs

Hybrid: Adams Idea Super LS

Irons: Mizuno JPX900 Hot Metal 4-GW. N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X

Wedge: 54 Callaway Forged

Wedge: 58 Bettinardi

Putter: Taylormade Ghost Black Indy

Welcome TopHand -- have some fun!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Glad to have you.  Welcome.

So, what brings you to MyGolfSpy?

I have been a reader of the blog for sometime now. Not sure how I originally found it, probably from Twitter a few years back. The club reivews and testing were what I enjoy the most but everything written here is well done. Not much of a forum guy anywhere else, but I can manage some golf talk as opposed to arguing about college football. I tried to get involved with that other similar site where the hackers gather, but this place seems more my style. @KW_Johnston on twitter. Have followed a lot of the spys here for a while.

@KW_Johnston

Welcome and enjoy - we can argue about college football too but we have our own way of doing it - when T writes about shafts he really means that he's an SEC fan stuff like that. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I am have been a frequent vistor for a while now, but very limited in my involvement in the formus, but thought I would say hello.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and I need to do some work on my profile, but please reach out. Glad to be here.

Hello Caller. Welcome to the Mr. Obvious show! ;)

Glad you can join us. Jump in and tell us about yourself.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

How much of a bio do you want? Short and quick: Born and raised in rural SC. 2001 Citadel graduate. 6 years in USAF. Separated from AF and moved to Huntsville in 2007. Defense contractor. Married for 13 yrs. 9 yr old daughter.

Golf part: My dad was a die hard, and very good golfer when i was a kid. But that was his time away from the kids then. Never really went with him much. Started playing a little in college with some friends. Once in the AF, I was hooked and have been ever since. Really only hobby I have, other than constantly finding something that needs to be fixed at the house.

Index is currently 13.1. Had a pretty bad year on the course but ready for a great 2015. Can never find the clubs that I "love" and can't replace as much as I want. Putting sucks. Haven't found a putter that I like yet. I make do.

Next year is the year I have finally decided to get properly fit and get a new driver. I have always found cheap deals on older models.

My bag:

Driver: Callaway Razr Hawk. 9.5 S

3WD: Nike VRS stiff

Hyrid: TM Burner 3H S

Irons: TM Rocketbladez Tour 4-AW. KBS. S

Wedges: Callaway Forged 54, Callaway X-Series Jaws 58

Putter: Nike Method Core MC03W

Well, that wasn't so short, but that's me.

@KW_Johnston

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Don't worry about the putting, there a many Spys here that have the same issues. They have a garage full of putters; I don't think they can help themselves. :)

If you have a topic, issue, or whatever, you can go to the top right corner of the page and search the forums. You can find old threads and read what people posted. It's also a good way to "see" the characters here. Last year, I did that and very soon, you feel like you know people.

Again, welcome Tophand. You're off and running!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

stoked to have you.

I can't keep up with the college sports stuff either....

Tim, I am huge College sports fan (SC Gamecocks) but don't get too bogged down in the blogs and online discussions. My wife does though. She is all over that stuff. I just watch the games and let it go. Living in AL is a different world, however. Bama and Auburn fans are a different breed!

@KW_Johnston

stoked to have you.

I can't keep up with the college sports stuff either....

Thanks again. Just followed you on Twitter and noticed you are in Santa Barabara (lucky). I was stationed up at Vandenberg AFB for a while. We really loved it out there (Lompoc and Santa Maria not so much though). Santa Barbara was one of our favorite places.

@KW_Johnston

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again. Just followed you on Twitter and noticed you are in Santa Barabara (lucky). I was stationed up at Vandenberg AFB for a while. We really loved it out there (Lompoc and Santa Maria not so much though). Santa Barbara was one of our favorite places.

Lompoc. La Purisima there is a fantastic track. Played it only once passing thru and still have vivid memories of a few holes there.

Welcome to the forum. Second thing thanks for your service to our country sir (salute) I assume you were an officer in the USAF since you went to The Citadel. We are a close knit bunch here overall. I have never met anyone on here face to face but feel like I have known them for years. We have a well mixed bunch on here ranging from redneck old schoolers (me) to high tech guys like Golf Spy Theoo and Matt and some in between. We even have a Chaplain (Rev Kev) who is one of the coolest ministers I have ever talked to. Lots of information on golf and life in general. We laugh at each others jokes and quips and cry and pray at each other's misfortunes. Glad you chose to be a part of our big happy family.

You know it has to be great if a bunch of folks that accept a Redneck hippie for what he is and also make him a member of the month.  BIG  STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

How much of a bio do you want? Short and quick: Born and raised in rural SC. 2001 Citadel graduate. 6 years in USAF. Separated from AF and moved to Huntsville in 2007. Defense contractor. Married for 13 yrs. 9 yr old daughter.

Thank you so much for your service in the USAF.

swingTI.com

TourImpactGolf.com

Welcome to the forum. Second thing thanks for your service to our country sir (salute) I assume you were an officer in the USAF since you went to The Citadel. We are a close knit bunch here overall. I have never met anyone on here face to face but feel like I have known them for years. We have a well mixed bunch on here ranging from redneck old schoolers (me) to high tech guys like Golf Spy Theoo and Matt and some in between. We even have a Chaplain (Rev Kev) who is one of the coolest ministers I have ever talked to. Lots of information on golf and life in general. We laugh at each others jokes and quips and cry and pray at each other's misfortunes. Glad you chose to be a part of our big happy family.

You know it has to be great if a bunch of folks that accept a Redneck hippie for what he is and also make him a member of the month.  BIG  STU

Thanks for the kind words. I have enjoyed every minute on here interacting and reading what other folks have going on. I am somewhere in the middle of those you described. Have plenty of redneck and tech in me! Will have to look you up next summer. Will be in MB area for brother-in-law's wedding next summer. Maybe we can get a game.

@KW_Johnston

Thank you so much for your service in the USAF.

No thanks necessary. At this point I only accept swing tips!

@KW_Johnston

Welcome to the forums Tophand.

Man, I read your bio and we have stuff to talk about over a beer someday. I was in the Corps at Texas A&M and we could relive the similarities, and tell stories. But sadly, I don't have time today. have to head to a meeting now.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Man... I gotta update that, I was in Santa Barbara for nearly 10 years, college at Brooks Institute and then got married and started my business there - but then ended up moving to Sacramento/Folsom where I am now.

Welcome to MGS, the best golf site on the web!

Enjoy your time here and I hope you meet some new friends. I know I have.  BTW, sorry for your loss in football to Kentucky....wait a minute, no i'm not....LOL

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome to MGS Tophand!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Welcome!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Archived