TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf’s First System Combining GPS, Live Stat Tracking and Tour Analytics

Arccos Golf iPhone Screen Shot.jpg

Arccos Available at Apple Stores Nationwide

Golf's First System Combining GPS, Live Stat Tracking and Tour Analytics
Now Offered In-Store, Online

(STAMFORD, CT) – Arccos Golf, LLC – maker of the first club-to-cloud™ system offering GPS, live stat tracking and Tour analytics – announces ARCCOS™ is available today at all Apple Stores nationwide and online at www.apple.com.

Featuring a set of 14 virtually weightless sensors, ARCCOS ($399) joins a small and exclusive group of sports tech products Apple has selected to showcase in its nearly 260 locations. Each sensor easily attaches to the end of a club grip. Once paired via Bluetooth to the ARCCOS iPhone app, the system seamlessly integrates with a golfer's game, allowing them to view stats in real time as they play. It requires no alterations to pre-shot routines, additional devices, tapping or other hindrances to enjoyment and improvement.

“Our core consumers are very tech-forward, savvy individuals whose purchasing habits closely align with the large and knowledgeable customer base Apple has established,” said Sal Syed, CEO and Co-Founder of Arccos Golf. “The leading-edge technology found in ARCCOS is unlike anything in golf and we're very excited for players to experience it for the first time.”

Beginning in November, ARCCOS will be available at select golf retailers nationwide and online at Amazon.com. Along with GPS for more than 16,000 courses in North America, the system captures critical data for your game, providing players with instant access to information on distances hit, club averages, driving accuracy, greens in regulation, sand saves, putts and more. This helps golfers identify patterns and refine tactics before, during and after each round.

Further bolstering the system is the proprietary ARCCOS Tour Analytics platform developed in conjunction with golf's most renowned statistician, Peter Sanders. Drawing from Sanders' work with PGA Tour star Zach Johnson and many others, it automatically breaks down a players' handicap into five key components – driving, approach, chipping, sand game and putting. This allows players to:

• Gain insight into what every shot means

• Understand exactly how each part of their game contributes to scoring

• Explore comparative data in each of the five components from golfers with the same handicap

• Evaluate patterns across their entire golf history, supporting refinement of on-course tactics

More than just a great tool for the individual users, ARCCOS is utilized by top instructors. It helps their students recognize and correct faults, such as club distance gaps, noticeable shot dispersion patterns and other problem areas.

Led by a team of Ivy League engineers, rocket scientists, PhD's and designers, Arccos Golf is named after a function of advanced mathematics. The ARCCOS system is a Callaway Open Innovation Partner.

For more information or to view a demo video: http://arccosgolf.com/.

Get social: @arccosgolf, Facebook

Arccos Golf iPhone Screen Shot 2.jpg Arccos_Club_Disconnected_white.jpg Arcoss Product Image 1.jpg

Posted Image

Very intriguing, are you getting one?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Anxious to see this one too Zinger -- these seem to be the next big thing...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Arccos doesn't require you to identify the club for each shot. It does it automatically. 

The sensor weighs 12 grams. Isn't that 3 SW points (not my specialty)?

It's not allowed during tournaments and handicap rounds, just practice and social rounds. But that's not a problem for me. I consider it a practice device. 

Big plus would be not having to tap before each shot.

The negative for me is that since it's Bluetooth to your phone I'm assuming you need to be within 30' or so during each shot. That could be an issue on teebox's and around greens. I don't want to grab my phone and take it with every time I hit a shot.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Annnnd it's for apple products, as usual. When are these companies going to realise that the Android platform outsells the apple one and release it there first?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Arccos doesn't require you to identify the club for each shot. It does it automatically.

The sensor weighs 12 grams. Isn't that 3 SW points (not my specialty)?

It's not allowed during tournaments and handicap rounds, just practice and social rounds. But that's not a problem for me. I consider it a practice device.

No, 12 grams on the club head would affect the swing weight. How much depends on the length of the club. 12 grams on the butt would lighten the swing weight a bit. But even though a scale would say that, you would probably never actually feel it in a swing.

THIS is something I would be interested in. I like the idea of not needing to tap anything to tell it what club you're swinging. I'm curious how it comes up with a standard deviation value. How does it know where you're aiming to determine how many yards offline? If it assumes center of fairway or green, that's obviously not always your target.

When it comes to Android vs iOS it's been clear for a long time that companies prefer iOS. Sales is just one factor. How people use it is more important. iOS may have just 15-18% of the market here, but more than 50% use iOS to read our website. iOS owners seem to use their phone and tablet more actively than others.

Annnnd it's for apple products, as usual. When are these companies going to realise that the Android platform outsells the apple one and release it there first?

Never cause the apple app store makes more money than the android market

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

My impression is that all of these systems - CaddieOn, Game Golf, Arccos - require a lot of manual work. You have to correct things either on the course or after. The GPS isn't 100% accurate, shots that are actually in the fairway can be marked as rough. How do they know how long your final putt was?

I want to like them. Great concepts. But if you own a laser or gps watch/hand unit you'll be better of with a pen and even just the Golfshot app.

Check out caddie on for android...

Europe only? But I live in BFE Ohio.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 1 month later...

Never cause the apple app store makes more money than the android market

That's true, but alot of that is due to the fact that $1 apps are mostly free on android, and $2 apps are free or $1 on android.

Number 1 reason (out of many reasons) why I'll never buy apple.  Each to their own, but I'm surprised they'd release this only on one platform.  Would be interesting to see how many sales they lost to game golf due to this reason.

Willing to wait, as game golf really doesn't intrest me.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

I was an early adopter of Game golf. At the time I thought it would be great for defining my distances in an easy way. I didn't give a hoot about the social aspects of the device. But as with early adopting comes all the new product bugs. Anyway... I ditched GG. Primarily because it was distracting to remember to always Tap. Secondly, there was too much editing that needed to be done post round. Perhaps the editing hassle has been fixed or refined. The Accros* device seems like it would be much better. ie... no tapping. Unfortuantely for me anyway; the Accros is not available for Android or I'd consider trying it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived