TESTERS WANTED! ×

Driver head weight

I'm building a driver.  The desired length will be 44.5".  I'm using a 62g driver shaft.   The grip weight is 52g.  If I want the swing weight to be D2, what should be the head weight of the driver in grams?  Anyone done this before?   I can increase the head weight from 4g to 10g. 

Thanks!

I've never found a SW calculator that gives an estimate without the balance point and total weight of the club.  Do you have all the components already?  Would be best to dry fit everything together and then take more measurements, or dryfit and then take it to a local shop and have them measure it for you quick.

If you google "golf swing weight calculator" you will get a bunch of different sites that will let you input numbers and get a decent estimate of what the swing weight will be.  Just remember it's an estimate and the more precise you are with your measurements the more accurate the estimate will be.

i.e. Just because a website says a grip is 52g or a shaft is 62g doesn't mean that's exactly what it is.  Always best to take actual measurements yourself.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

What hcky said.   How many wraps under the grip?

I got all the parts ready to be assembled.  Just one wrap which is the grip tape.   52 g is the actual grip weight using a weight scale.  Never bothered looking at the website.  

I already finished the job.   i got a D2 swing weight with 209 g of head weight (almost like a 3 wood head?).   I guess this is because the balance point of the shaft is toward the middle? 

Archived