TESTERS WANTED! ×

Who's your pick for the MGS most wanted test?

Mr_Theoo

The most wanted driver testing starts Monday, who's your pick for this year's winner? 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

915 D2 for me even though they didn't wanna participate. Lol

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Just for grins I'll pick a TaylorMade driver. I'm no longer a player (sort of) of the big name OEM guys. I went custom with a set of custom fit and hand-select Wishon irons this past summer. I still have a TM SLDR and 3 HB, Cobra 4 HB, and Odyssey putter in my bag. Those will all (except for the putter perhaps) be replaced by April of this year with custom brand and fit clubs. I admit. I'm totally in the tank for custom fit clubs that are of non-OEM brands. I can't for the life of me understand why more guys don't go after these brands more. I imagine its because it's not as easy to get your hands on like buying OTR. It just takes more time, money, and effort I think.

I'd really like to see some deep reviews of those types of clubs like MGS does for the Big Name OEM brands. I love MGS but they lean way too much toward the Big Name brands.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

G30 from what I hear is awesome, but I specifically think it will be the beat for the slower swing speeds.

I'm gonna go with the R15 or BB Alpha for higher swing speeds.

For some reason I feel like Bombtech might perform well.

I agree about the G30 for the lower SS, don't think bombtech will fair well.

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Oregon Ducks!

Wrong thread? :P

Cobra is going to win...

You're dead to me....  :mad:

If Cally's Double Black Diamond is in the race, I like it, along with the Nike Vapor Pro - two best I've hit so far.  DBD has been an LM monster for me!

As for tomorrow? Quack Quack!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Cobra

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

The r15 is the best of the few drivers I've gotten to hit this year so I will pick it. With that said I really want to try the vapor pro and double black diamond.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I'll go with Cobra as well

Driver - XR16 Pro 10.5 Kuro Kage Black 60-S
Fairway wood - Taylormade Aeroburner mini (16*)

Tour Edge XCG7 7-wood 21*/XR16 7 wood
Hybrid - Adams Pro Mini 23*
Irons - Mizuno EZ forged 5-GW
Wedges - Mizuno JPX 54*
Bridgestone 60*

Putter - Wilson Staff Infinite South SIde

I imagine its because it's not as easy to get your hands on like buying OTR. It just takes more time, money, and effort I think.

I'd really like to see some deep reviews of those types of clubs like MGS does for the Big Name OEM brands. I love MGS but they lean way too much toward the Big Name brands.

I don't think it's a money issue, I think it's more of a I can't hit them anywhere near me issue. I went in blind for my new irons and hybrids, but I got lucky and they feel really good to me.

I'd like to see some more of the reviews you're talking about too...they may have to pay for the equipment, but considering they buying some of the drivers for the test, it shouldn't be a part of the equation.

Back to the question at hand...G30 is my pick, but I play a G20 and love it so I may be biased.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I think that maybe one of the nike drivers are going to take it all this year.  Their line up looks great, and I hope all this new technology isn't just a gimmick, but we'll see,

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Cobra's Fly + with the movable weight is my bet.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

This is going to be a tough one this year methinks! I'm intrigued by the speculation from a few guys that Bombtech will perform well... for better or worse it's certainly one of the results I'm most interested in.

An actual winner - I'm struggling. I'm at the point now where I don't have a preference or conscious bias towards one over the others. I 'think' that the G30 and 915D2 have a really good shot at taking it, but I'm really interested in seeing how some of the others like the Bridgestone J15 B3 fare.

Cobra and Nike

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Right before Theoo posted this I was thinking we should have a BIG contest for this.  What do you think? I think this was a great idea Theoo.

How would you do this contest?  Big money, equipment prize, etc.  Give me some ideas and we will see what we can do.

#TruthDigest

Right before Theoo posted this I was thinking we should have a BIG contest for this. What do you think? I think this was a great idea Theoo.

How would you do this contest? Big money, equipment prize, etc. Give me some ideas and we will see what we can do.

Pick the winner in each category (distance, accuracy, etc) and how much it wins by and win that driver.

Right before Theoo posted this I was thinking we should have a BIG contest for this.  What do you think? I think this was a great idea Theoo.

How would you do this contest?  Big money, equipment prize, etc.  Give me some ideas and we will see what we can do.

Pick low ss winner, high ss winner, and overall winner.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Right before Theoo posted this I was thinking we should have a BIG contest for this. What do you think? I think this was a great idea Theoo.

How would you do this contest? Big money, equipment prize, etc. Give me some ideas and we will see what we can do.

Low SS winner high SS winner and maybe biggest surprise?

• SPY VIP

How about this:

1. Pick all winners (1,2,3) from all categories win $1000 cash (Grand Prize - but will be tough)

2. Pick the most winners amongst all entries win driver of your choice

3. Random entry wins driver of choice

Let me know if you like this idea.

#TruthDigest

How about this:

1. Pick all winners (1,2,3) from all categories win $1000 cash (Grand Prize - but will be tough)

2. Pick the most winners amongst all entries win driver of your choice

3. Random entry wins driver of choice

Let me know if you like this idea.

Could even do a horse race style - bet on win, place and show for a top prize, and a "perfecta" - top 3 in any order for a lesser prize.  This could be fun!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The new Callaway double black diamond is an absolute beast and will be hard to beat.  I hope it wins so that I can justify to the wife that I am leaving yards on the table and need to upgrade ASAP!

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

The new Callaway double black diamond is an absolute beast and will be hard to beat.  I hope it wins so that I can justify to the wife that I am leaving yards on the table and need to upgrade ASAP!

Good luck with that, and let me know if you need a place to sleep  :wacko:

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm a bit biased of course, but I really hope the Tour Edge driver comes out on top. I've hit so many drivers over the past 7 years, pretty much every make and model and nothing seems to fit me better than the Tour Edge driver I'm playing now. Love to see the "underdog companies" pull off the big upset. This is my guess for the 100 mph ss.

The under 100 mph ss, I'm guessing Cobra takes it. I'm currently playing the S3 Pro combo irons and again, I've played a lot of different companies and these irons are awesome. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Archived