Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Golf Glove Club

hckymeyer

So a random user liked a picture I had on Instagram and then started following me.  Happens all the time, but the name had golf in it so I hit their profile.  Had an interesting description of what they are so thought I would ask if anyone else has heard of them.

It's called Golf Glove Club and they say "Offering monthly, bimonthly and seasonal subscriptions to golf's finest golf balls and gloves!" Coming in January.

http://golfgloveclub.com/

I haven't read any buzz about them and a quick google search turns up nothing in the first few pages.  I signed up for email notification so hopefully will learn more soon.  Looks like they launch in a little over 18 hours.

Anybody heard of them before or have any more information?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I like the idea of this, but it's going to be super dependent on price I imagine.

And what products are available? Is it their glove and ball or is it a major OEM's equipment? Will they always have your glove and your ball available for subscription or will it change?

I actually think a "Wine of the Month" style subscription would be cool. For $30/month you get this week's glove and ball sleeve. It would be a neat way to find your gamer for the average golfer?

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

We'll see what this is all about in about 9 hours........

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'll bet this is a riff on the Dollarshaveclub subscription razors sort of deal. 

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

WTF?

00Weeks00Days00Hours00Minutes00Seconds
Golf-Glove-back-ground223.jpg
Guess they missed their Target Date.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

My confidence in this business venture is at an all time high!

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

You mean all time Low?

This is kind of an interesting idea - wnat is the general consensus of a "subscription?"

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This is kind of an interesting idea - wnat is the general consensus of a "subscription?"

We wont know until they actually open the website will we?

Possibly it may be similar to the Kick X Tour deals where the shipping is free when you subscribe to a monthly delivery.

While the concept is OK, success will really depend on the specifics of what's available and the value of the products.  I've signed up for a couple of subscription trials in the past and for most $20-$30 per month offers it seems like after the first couple of months, most items offered are more or less novelties I'd seldom use, or be interested in.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

You mean all time Low?

Foz, I'm assuming there was some heavy sarcasm in Jdiddy's comment :)

And yeah, timer is done with no more info.  Not real high on my confidence list.  Although still curious enough to keep an eye on it.

Asked what's up with the countdown being done one of their Instagram posts and got a response from the founder Fred. He said they are running a couple weeks behind schedule.

image.jpg

Asked what's up with the countdown being done one of their Instagram posts and got a response from the founder Fred. He said they are running a couple weeks behind schedule.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

thanks for the update..been checking their site and have subscribed also, but no info yet..

My name is Fred and I'm the Founder of Golf Glove Club. I'm sad to say that we are running a few weeks behind on launch due to some unforeseen difficulties. Myself and my team are doing everything we can to ensure that we launch as soon as possible while still providing high quality customer service.

To comment on posts above, we will initially offer monthly, bi monthly, and quarterly subscriptions to golf balls. Golf gloves will be sold bi monthly, quarterly and bi yearly. We will be launching with Titleist, Callaway, Bridgestone, and Nike with Taylormade and Srixon to soon follow. We will also be carrying golf gloves from FootJoy and Felt (a local startup we are supporting). We will continue to make more information known about what discounts each product will be sold at as we continue our negotiations with these firms. Right now, we're aiming for approximately 25% depending on the frequency of the subscription.

As an apology for the delay, I'd like to extend everyone on this thread an additional 30% discount off of their first month's subscription. Please email me at [email protected] for your discount code. Also, feel free to reach out to me with any questions that were not answered in this post!

Best,

Fred

My name is Fred and I'm the Founder of Golf Glove Club. I'm sad to say that we are running a few weeks behind on launch due to some unforeseen difficulties. Myself and my team are doing everything we can to ensure that we launch as soon as possible while still providing high quality customer service.

To comment on posts above, we will initially offer monthly, bi monthly, and quarterly subscriptions to golf balls. Golf gloves will be sold bi monthly, quarterly and bi yearly. We will be launching with Titleist, Callaway, Bridgestone, and Nike with Taylormade and Srixon to soon follow. We will also be carrying golf gloves from FootJoy and Felt (a local startup we are supporting). We will continue to make more information known about what discounts each product will be sold at as we continue our negotiations with these firms. Right now, we're aiming for approximately 25% depending on the frequency of the subscription.

As an apology for the delay, I'd like to extend everyone on this thread an additional 30% discount off of their first month's subscription. Please email me at [email protected] for your discount code. Also, feel free to reach out to me with any questions that were not answered in this post!

Best,

Fred

Thanks for dropping in Fred, and that's a very generous offer!

Thanks for dropping in Fred, and that's a very generous offer!

Yes, it is!  Sorry to hear about the delays, but it looks like you're working hard to get things resolved.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

• 1 month later...

Just got an email update from this company, sounds like it could be promising.  As always I'll believe it when I see it and it finally launches...

Welcome to the club!

Thank you for signing up for our newsletter and welcome to the Golf Glove Club! We are so excited to share our new service with you! We have unfortunately run into a few snags and run a bit further behind then we had intended. We're working around the clock and will be launching in April. We know this has been a longer journey than expected but we are confident it will be worth the wait!

Golf Glove Club is a golf supply subscription service created by golfers, for golfers. On the date of our launch, we will be providing subscriptions to Taylormade, Callaway, Titleist, Footjoy, and Bridgestone golf balls and gloves. We will be adding Nike and Srixon in the months soon following.

Products will be offered at 20-30% below retail price with a variety of delivery options; golf balls will be sold in monthly, bi-monthly, and seasonal delivery options, while golf gloves will be sold in bi-monthly, quarterly, and seasonal options. We are also excited to offer a ball of the month option will provide a different ball each month (for those of you who were concerned with a certain Instagram post, don't worry- we won't send you TopFlight!) 

We look forward to sharing this company with you and appreciate all of your patience and understanding. We're just as anxious for launch as you are, and look forward to exceeding your expectations in the coming months. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns!

Best,

Frederic Gray & Willie Horn

Founders, Golf Glove Club

Just got an email update from this company, sounds like it could be promising.  As always I'll believe it when I see it and it finally launches...

Welcome to the club!

DITTO! Just got the same email.

I hate to poo-poo their idea but... poo-poo. Personally I'd have no need for their subscription service. I buy a few dozen balls each year and others I get at tournaments or through business. I buy my gloves usually 4-6 at a time through Master Grip. This supply of balls and gloves will easily last an entire season. If not longer. Now if they'd provide steaks, wine, or beer I might be interested.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I hate to poo-poo their idea but... poo-poo. Personally I'd have no need for their subscription service. I buy a few dozen balls each year and others I get at tournaments or through business. I buy my gloves usually 4-6 at a time through Master Grip. This supply of balls and gloves will easily last an entire season. If not longer. Now if they'd provide steaks, wine, or beer I might be interested.

I'm pretty sure those other services already exist.

I'm not usually a subscription guy, but if they truly are 20-30% under retail cost without the usual "mark it up a little to discount" price strategy then it may be worth looking at.

I got the same email. This might be interesting - always good to see someone trying something different t

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

may sign up. Have to see how this shakes out.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Archived