Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Championship Sunday...

GolfSpy Barbajo

...I watched this team in 1968 as a Cub Scout play in Fenway Park - Jim Nance, Mike Talliaferro, Gino Cappelletti (who shouold be in the Hall of Fame - AFL all time leading scorer!), and I saw them through the 2-14, 1-15 seasons.  So I am LOVING this run with Bill and Tom...

Pats going to their 6th Super Bowl since 2001?  Punch that ticket baby!!!!

Pats-Packers will be a showdown for the ages.  Want NO PART of the Seahawks  :wacko:

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

My wife's from MA and still has family there, so I'll be wearing my Pat's Hat!  That said, since I'm a South Dakotan, I still want Adam Vinatieri to play well (I just don't want him to make another game winning field goal) ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Pats Seachickens for the title... Pats win

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'm hoping the Colts can shock the world.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I was rooting Packers more because my daughter is a huge Packer fan - I'm a Giant fan so I don't have a pony anywhere near this horse race.

It was so hard to watch her break down at the end of the game.  Have to had it to the Seahawks, the made the bold moves necessary to pull that game out, the desperate move too and they executed them all successfully.

You don't win games in the NFL kneeling down after an interception at the 5 minute mark and then turning into Ohio State under Woody Hayes on offense nor do you win games deviating from a strategy that has worked and only rushing three guys on a 3rd and 20 when pressure has been the order of the day all day.

It was the perfect storm and the Seahawks walked through it with a good deal of grace. 

Don't know who I will root for in the Super Bowl - just trying to pick up the pieces around the house as I work her today.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That's what it felt like at my house Kenny - Wouldn't bother me so much but I still can see and hear Penny crying after that catch.  5 minutes, 12 points - the Packers did lots of things wrong, the Seahawks lots of things right in those 5 minutes.

Gee my championship Fantasy team in the 2 QB league had Wilson and Rodgers as the 2 QBs - wonder why I won that league? :)

Oh and we get to keep Wilson for one more season - when a QB rushes for 850 yards and several TD's - he's a keeper - plus I suspect they'll draft a couple of receivers - not that the receivers are bad but could you imagine that team with one more great athlete on offense?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

So the Patriots stoop to a new low using 11 of the 12 designated footballs at 2 PSI below the NFL Requirement.  No wonder they could pass and throw in the driving rain.

What a team, What a team to be proud of........

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Yeah, the balls the officials inspected and kept possession of 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to the game and had until it was over, carrying them with them during half time. So if someone was able to defaulted them on the sideline, unseen by millions on TV or those in attendance, they're the most precise person on the planet. Sorry, they were below pressure before the game and the officials inspected them, numbered them, and approved them for play. That said, they could've used a bar of soap for a football and still beat the brakes off the Colts. Under inflated footballs don't make LeGarrette Blount invincible and unable to be tackled.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Cheaters? Meh... Some will say so, but like rookie says, nothing could have helped the colts. They're just not elite enough as a whole team to deal with real teams. It's the perfect teams for the SB, and I anticipate a real good game.

If Russell Wilson can get off to a fast start, I see the hawks win. If he struggles and Brady puts up a good lead, there won't be a comeback like the packers gave away. Spotting the packers 5 turnovers and 16 points, and still winning speaks volumes about the seahawk defense.

I'm very nervous, but I also was very nervous about the Broncos last year.

If they roll the Pats, it will be indicative the the afc is weaker in general...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

• 4 months later...

Well, here's an interesting development.

“The evidence we present points to a simple — and innocent — explanation for the change in pressure in the Patriots footballs. The Patriots balls were measured at the start of halftime, whereas the Colts balls were measured at the end of halftime, after sufficient time had passed for the balls to warm up and return to their pregame pressure,” the independent American Enterprise Institute wrote in its 16-page rebuke of the league-sanctioned report by attorney Ted Wells.

When it comes to “Deflategate,” AEI's message is clear: “Our recommendation? When the NFL hears (Tom) Brady's appeal of his suspension later this month, it should proceed with the knowledge that the Wells report is unreliable.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/06/study_backs_tom_brady_in_ball_brouhaha

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

You have guys playing who use PED's, you have the NFL suppressing research on helmets and other equipment that might make the game safer. You have a culture of players that is arrested for homicides at 100 times plus the rate of the general population and they get two game suspensions.  This whole thing has been a joke - I hope Brady sues the pants off them although I suspect there will be some behind the scenes deal that prevents it. 

BTW I have absolutely no horse in this race.  I was rooting Packers and once they lost had no care as to who might win the game. 

It's a shell game - get folks focusing on footballs instead of the real issues.  Boxing was once the biggest thing going - the NFL could go the same way if it doesn't watch out.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

If the NFL doesn't jettison Roger Goodell soon, they very well could.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived