Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Updated! With Pictures. If you had $500 To Spend...

Sschaffer24

Hello guys!

It's been a long couple of months that I've taken a small break from the world of golf. I needed a little mental refresher after having a relatively poor end to the season.

After sifting through my thoughts and examining my strengths and weaknesses, I've determined one major area is in the putter world.

I decided to sell my Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2, and after moving on from that, have decided to jump in with both feet for my next putter.

The plan is to start with a pretty comprehensive putter fitting to see where my numbers lie. Somewhat local to me we have a fitter that practices the Edel Golf technique.

I have their wedges and am BEYOND impressed with them. Not only that, but the fitting process was truly revolutionary for me for those clubs, so I'm looking forward to the putter fitting process.

Which leads me to my question! While I am not in any way against purchasing an Edel Golf putter (actually I would consider them the favorite at this point) once I have my numbers I can apply those to any brand I want!

So, I want to pose a question to all of the great members of MGS.

If you had a $500 or so budget for your next putter and could go ANY route you choose, where would you go and why?

I am talking going with any brand, and style, configuration, small batch, single run, mass market old school or brand new style putter you can think of.

I'd even go with another Scotty! The question is simple. If you had $500 to spend on your next putter (obviously don't have to spend all of that, but up to and with a little wiggle room) what way would you go and why?

I look forward to the feedback everyone! Thank you!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good suggestions -- gotta say I love the Mamo from Mati Putters in Italy. Hand-crafted honey - it's bellissimo!

Click here for the review

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

That's a tough one for me. As many know; I'm huge on getting properly fit for every club in your bag. As for spending $500 for the putter and fitting? I'd most likely have some money left over. I'm not a believer that you have to spend the most to get the most. I'll be paying a visit to my fitter in March. At that time I'll be getting a new driver and fwy/hybrids. He's mentioned a putter fitting in the past but told me he'd not do that at this time. Why? Because I've told him i'm a good putter and like what I have. Putting is the strongest part of my game. He said why mess with a good thing. I agree. I Lucky perhaps. A few years ago my old 20 yo Ping Zing went cold on me. I freaked. I searched around and bought a couple of new putters hoping for a cure. I paid around $150-$200 for each of them. Didn't work. Then one day I was in Academy browsing around and saw an Odyssey White Ice #9.  $39.95!! I bought it and have been putting better the last few years than ever before. It just works. Putting is weird and wonderful thing. But do I recommend fitting for a putter? It depends somewhat; but yes. Does anyone need to spend $500 for a putter? No. I out-putt guys all the time that are using the latest-greatest-most expensive putters out there. Really chaps their A$$.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

GolfSpy Dave- Byron Morgan? I've never looked into his putters much. I've always heard good things through the various reviews, but I haven't looked too deep. Not sure why! How would he separate himself from someone in the class of say a Gene Nead putter, Machine putter, Edel putter, etc?

furu- what is a Low Tide? I've never heard of that. Haha.

GolfSpy Barbajo- That is EXTREMELY ironic you mention that! I was just reading your review of the putters, and admittedly skimmed a little more than I would like (I had like literally 50 tabs open, haha.) I'll give it another read.

PlaidJacket- You have an extremely good point. I said $500 because I am truly comfortable at that price point, and honestly don't feel the need to spend that money at all. I would be perfectly fine spending X number of dollars on a Ping Ketsch or something of the like, being fit and being done with it.

But, outside of different types of steel (damascus, etc.), crazy custom styling, custom plating, and so on, I am looking for an objective reason as to why whichever choice is the BEST I can make. I am absolutely convinced that every club in the bag is something you have to be fit for. I hate the idea of constantly wondering whether the club I have in my hands is spec'd for me. The next putter I purchase will be custom fit for me, period end. I can't do off the shelf.

That doesn't mean I have to go small brand! I would love for this thread to open up a discussion on small versus big brand/ handmade versus assembly line, or whatever. Like anything, I look to make the best and most informed decision I can when making a purchase considering all of my options!

Thanks for all of the feedback so far guys! Keep it coming! Haha.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I'd buy a couple more Yes! Tracy putters. First putter I bought and I still have it in my bag. I'm confident with it and could use a couple of spares.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I just went through this to an extent. I had a $300 gift card from Christmas to my local fitter and was budgeting another $200 in my head. I didn't however sell my previous putters so when I went for my fitting I took 5 putters with me. One of them ended up being a great fit after tweaking it so instead of spending the money on a new putter I went in the next week and got my irons and wedges fit.

All that said I don't think you can really go wrong no matter which route you go. It's just how much you want to spend. If I was going custom I would be looking at Edel, Machine, Byron and Lamont Mann.

Off the rack it would be Scotty, the new Ping lineup and the Odyssey putters.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I just went through this to an extent. I had a $300 gift card from Christmas to my local fitter and was budgeting another $200 in my head. I didn't however sell my previous putters so when I went for my fitting I took 5 putters with me. One of them ended up being a great fit after tweaking it so instead of spending the money on a new putter I went in the next week and got my irons and wedges fit.

All that said I don't think you can really go wrong no matter which route you go. It's just how much you want to spend. If I was going custom I would be looking at Edel, Machine, Byron and Lamont Mann.

Off the rack it would be Scotty, the new Ping lineup and the Odyssey putters.

Did you fitting use a SAM Puttlab? I wonder how important that is to picking my next putter. The fitting I'm going to is an Edel fitting to get the numbers, and sadly the shop doesn't have a SAM puttlab, so I'll be relying completely on what the fitter can provide me.

There are soo many reputable small companies that it feels almost impossible to make a choice on where to go. I don't know how people do it! I don't do well with having a lot of options! Haha. 

I appreciate the feedback so far everyone! It definitely gives me a lot to go off of.

One question, the Edel fitting is based heavily around people's aim bias. So after leaving there I'll know what head shape, alignment line setup, etc. that I need and I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on how that should play in to my decision making if I decide to go with another brand?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Are you talking $500 including the fitting or $500 plus the fitting?  If the fitting is separate from the $500, Byron Morgan or Lumpy at Xenon or Lamont Mann at Mannkrafted or Tom Slighter at Slighter Golf are your men.  Get your specs and let one of them work their magic.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Rookie,

I am talking $500 outside of the fitting. I am also honestly flexible on that amount. My plan is to purchase this putter and use it for the foreseeable future. So with that in mind I don't mind splurging a little bit to get something I'm not only proud of, but that I can game for a LONG time.

Just so I know, what kind of specs should I be looking for? Here's what I would look for based on my knowledge of custom putters. Shaft length, Lie angle, loft, head weight and possibly head style? I don't know how that would transition to someone other than Edel because of their fitting process?

And how do I choose between those four?! I know you (somewhat) recently had a putter done my Lamont Mann, what make you choose that route? I get drawn in by putters because they are so gorgeous and unique, so it's going to be a hard choice!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Yeah,

after your post I went and did a google search and MY GOD those are some sexy looking putters. I love the simplistic/classic logo. I also have a little bit of recollection, I think BestGrips has done some work with them? Although I might be wrong. 

I'm assuming you game one of these putters?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

My next purchases will be a new stand bag, new shoes and perhaps an additional hybrid or 3 wood.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

My next purchases will be a new stand bag, new shoes and perhaps an additional hybrid or 3 wood.

Sounds great! Haha.

My mind is blown by this. Haha.

Edit: Is this explaining how you'd spend $500 on golf if you had it? Haha.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Sounds great! Haha.

My mind is blown by this. Haha.

Edit: Is this explaining how you'd spend $500 on golf if you had it? Haha.

Yes, but I meant I will do that any way, not if I just had $500 to spend on golf. I am pretty happy with the bag arrangement I have now,

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I would get fit and then order a Slighter Putter to those specs

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Rookie,

I am talking $500 outside of the fitting. I am also honestly flexible on that amount. My plan is to purchase this putter and use it for the foreseeable future. So with that in mind I don't mind splurging a little bit to get something I'm not only proud of, but that I can game for a LONG time.

Just so I know, what kind of specs should I be looking for? Here's what I would look for based on my knowledge of custom putters. Shaft length, Lie angle, loft, head weight and possibly head style? I don't know how that would transition to someone other than Edel because of their fitting process?

And how do I choose between those four?! I know you (somewhat) recently had a putter done my Lamont Mann, what make you choose that route? I get drawn in by putters because they are so gorgeous and unique, so it's going to be a hard choice!

I'd also determine neck style, neck placement, toe hang, etc that all fit your stroke and your eye(that's important too as you have to look down and be instilled with confidence).  There's lots of variables.  The reason I chose LaMont is he and I are friends and he's sent me some refinish work and I've sent him some and some customs and he does some finishes for me from time to time.  I wanted my first handmade 1 of 1 to be from a friend's workshop.  There's no bad choice in any handmade, really, as long as the person shaping it makes what you want and to your specs and it fits.  Byron will be my next handmade, and that's because I know Byron's capabilities, have a few mutual friends, and I love his work.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'd also determine neck style, neck placement, toe hang, etc that all fit your stroke and your eye(that's important too as you have to look down and be instilled with confidence).  There's lots of variables.  The reason I chose LaMont is he and I are friends and he's sent me some refinish work and I've sent him some and some customs and he does some finishes for me from time to time.  I wanted my first handmade 1 of 1 to be from a friend's workshop.  There's no bad choice in any handmade, really, as long as the person shaping it makes what you want and to your specs and it fits.  Byron will be my next handmade, and that's because I know Byron's capabilities, have a few mutual friends, and I love his work.

I agree with the above.  I have had several MannKrafted and another on the way this week.  Lamont's work is my preference.  The new ma66 he is making with the nickel plating is maintenance free and beautiful!!  Byron would be my other choice.  I had a DH89 that I regret letting go.  Here is a pick of the ma66,  most likely my next order.

mkma66.jpg

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I would get a new scotty and ONE Limited Edition Club Cameron headcover.... that should be about $500....

Those things are rediculously over priced and the ones on eBay are worse! 

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

I would def look at:

Bettinardi   Signature-Series-10-Sole-1200x800-670x42

and

Machine   mp_m9_shop_homsscpn_1c.jpg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

A couple of thoughts for you.Golfspy Dave is the putter guru here and is very close to the custom putter scene; a valuable resource for you.

You should look into puttertalk.com if you're not already there, everyone is there in the custom putter scene. It will be very hard to get a handmade for $500.00 (Xenon start at $449.00 and go up), cnc yes.Nead, no, Byron, no, LaMont no etc. 

Unless you look into buying one used on PT, right now it is a buyers market there and some very nice puttters are available for below your price. Know your specs, get them adjusted and for a special finish see my friend Kevin Colbert at http://putterplating.com/

A lot of it depends on the material being used with the pricing.I have some Byrons and some of them are over 1K and the others are above $700.00. With Gene Nead you are getting close to the starting point at $500.00 for cnc. I'm the rep for Gene and there "might" be some new ones come the Spring, not certain though as he is very busy right now.

A couple of names that haven't been mentioned are Bettinardi (who are going to be doing customs now) David Mills and Tad Moore. Tad has the richest history out of all of them. His putters have won the masters etc and Seve etc have all won with his putters and for around the $500.00 you can own one of his putters.

You cannot go wrong with any of the makers mentioned, I've been personal friends with the majority of them for many years and know their reps very well also.

I can sense your excitement and it is well founded.

Here is a link to my putters so you can see some of the Mills, Moore putters etc to see what is available.http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/10153-what%E2%80%99s-in-the-rack/?hl=%2Bwhat%26%2339%3Bs+%2Bin+%2Bthe+%2Brack

Wow.

A LOT of options. I guess I should expect that. Being on a website for gearheads and club ho's. (None of that meant to be derogatory! Haha.)

That being said... the first question that pops into my head is what everyones thoughts on Edel putters are? The reason I ask is because I am going to be going through a fitting with his system, and honestly if they are as highly regarded as the rest of these suggestions it'll be a tough hill to climb. I game his wedges right now and love them, so sticking with the same brand for my next flat stick isn't out of the question! I haven't heard too many guys mention their putter and wonder if there is any reason besides simply being a smaller brand?

That being said Maverick, I appreciate all of your thoughts. From the sound of it it really just comes down to the styling, company mentality and such that I want to get behind. I'm getting the sense that there isn't really a "wrong" choice. With someone pointing out that Dave is the guru around here, that builds more stock in Byron, and I have a friend who pretty highly recommends Machine, Ricky Johnson Putters and Edel, so those three are in the running as well.

I haven't discounted the Ping Ketsch either. I haven't had an opportunity to roll one yet, and with all of the accolades they have received around here, and their immediate success it's hard not to consider them.

At the end of the day, do I love the looks of some of these 1 of custom putters with Damascus steel, unique stamping, designs, etc.? Absolutely! Putter porn is almost better than the real thing!

BUT do I need that? No. I want something, unique, personal, that fits my eye and rolls the ball the way I want it to. The thing that scares me? Going with something I can't see and feel makes me wonder if the head shape/toe hang/neck style/offset/alignment of the putter might throw me off and put me back to where I was with the Scotty. 

That being said, Lamont Mann.

Man, my head is swirling! I should have put a poll on this thing! Haha.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I think you've summed it up pretty nicely there.  There is no wrong choice and putter ho'ing is a slippery slope.  Just go into the fitting with an open mind and see what you putt best with.  After that you can make a decision on where to go for your putter.  Based on what you get out of the fitting there might be some companies that are eliminated by not offering a head style that fits you best. 

Edel makes great putters, but they aren't really sold off the rack much so that is why you don't see a ton of them out there.  The shop I went to for my fitting is an Edel dealer, but they are brand agnostic in their recommendations.  So just because you have an Edel fitting doesn't mean you have to get an Edel putter.  Whether it's a $5 putter or a $500 putter doesn't make the ball go in the hole.  It's just important to get the putter that you putt best with.

A putter is such a personal piece of equipment that no matter how many recommendations you get it's going to come down to which one YOU like best.  So do the fitting, if you like the Edel you are fit with then buy it.  If it's not quite your cup of tea take the specs and get something made that really fits your tastes.

Best of luck in your search!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Damn.

You know, I read hckymeyer's post, feel good about rolling with it as he says, and then OF COURSE someone posts peautiful pictures in the very next post, to make me drool all the way to next week...

I still believe I have to follow that line of thinking that was expressed. It's a simple matter of finding what I like, and going from there. Chances are I'm going Edel, but Machine has a soft spot in my heart, especially after seeing that copper putter! WOW!

Anyway, I will post an update and of course pictures of the new flat stick after I've pulled the trigger! Don't be surprised to see this thing rise from the dead once I've had my fitting and am ready to compare models...

I thank everyone for their advice and opinions, it's been very helpful! 

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Chris Hoeppner, Machine's rep, posts on here fairly often.  He's back in Georgia, or was, after hiatus in Texas for a while.  Give him a shout, he can hook you up as well.  Dave does a damned fine job with any milling he does as well, as I've rolled a few of Chris's personal putters myself.

In The Bag

Chris Hoeppner, Machine's rep, posts on here fairly often.  He's back in Georgia, or was, after hiatus in Texas for a while.  Give him a shout, he can hook you up as well.  Dave does a damned fine job with any milling he does as well, as I've rolled a few of Chris's personal putters myself.

Rookie,

Have any clue on his username? I'd like to shoot him a PM.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Choeppner it's the pinned post in putters.

In The Bag

Id spend $150 on a Taylormade Ghost Tour Daytona 62 and I spend the other $350 on beer.

Ive had Camerons and Bettinardis and Ive never felt like they rolled the ball any better than any $100 off the rack putter did.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

That is a LOT of beer! Haha. 

But, that line of thinking is what keeps something such as the Ping Ketsch in the running... Success is impossible to ignore!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Archived