Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

UPDATED: New questions regarding the 'abduction' of Robert Allenby

Aotearoa_Brad

robert-allenby-australian-golfer-hawaii_3253670.jpg

REPORT RAISES NEW ALLENBY QUESTIONS - JANUARY 21, 2015 (Global Golf Post - www.GlobalGolfPost.com 

The case of Robert Allenby’s alleged abduction and robbery in Honolulu just got a whole lot murkier.

While the Honolulu Police issued a statement late Tuesday saying they are investigating charges of second degree robbery and fraudulent credit card use in connection with the case, and that there have been no arrests, a purported witness told Australia’s Channel 9 News that Allenby was passed out on a sidewalk for two hours during the time period Allenby claims he can’t recall after leaving a wine bar last Friday night.

The witness, identified by Channel 9 as a homeless man named Toa Kaili, said he and a friend encountered Allenby at around 11 p.m. Friday and tried to help him, only to have Allenby accuse the pair of stealing his wallet and phone. Kaili said he left but returned two hours later to find Allenby still passed out, with a bloodied face Kaili claims the golfer sustained by falling over and hitting his head on a rock.

Earlier on Tuesday, Allenby withdrew from this week’s Tour event, the Humana Challenge, citing his need to recover from his injuries. The 43-year-old Australian pro said he was attacked, abducted and robbed after patronizing the wine bar with his caddie and a friend in the wake of missing the cut at the Tour’s Sony Open in Hawaii.

Skeptics already had questioned Allenby’s version of events, which didn’t jibe with other accounts, including that of a homeless woman who came to his aid. With this latest report, Allenby no doubt will face a flurry of new inquiries, including an obvious one: Did he concoct the abduction story to cover up being robbed and injured while incapacitated by alcohol?

---

I'm very dubious of Allenby's story. If he knowingly exaggerated/fabricated the 'abduction' story, then I hope the Police throw the book at him (Allenby) and charge him with wasting Police time / resources and anything else they can. 

We'll see I guess.  But really why would he want to cover that up?  In today's world it's no big deal.  There's just something weird going on with this entire thing.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

There's no doubt that he had his wallet stolen - his credit card was used fraudulently and the Police are investigating this. Now whether someone abducted him and/or beat him and/or simply took it out of his pocket as he was lying unconscious is the question. Note that the police are not pursuing anything with the two homeless people that Allenby tried to say stole his wallet - clearly these two were actually trying to help him... it's just way too fishy.

It may be commonplace in society, but getting drunk to the point of unconsciousness is not something that sponsors would be too happy about [let alone male pride and ego], and that would be enough of a reason to try to cover it up I should imagine.

I'm sure we'll hear more about this.

My guess is that drugs or sex are behind the "kidnapping" cover story.   We'll see.   What happened to his wingmen who were in the bar with him?   What kind of wine bar?

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

My guess is that drugs or sex are behind the "kidnapping" cover story.   We'll see?   What happened to his wingmen who were in the bar with him?   What kind of wine bar?

I'm guessing the kind serving Roofie-colada's :)

The details will come out eventually, but the story I put faith in isn't the one from the guy so hammered (or drugged) that he can't remember what happened.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I ate a boat dock with my face one time and didn't look that bad.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

He was hammered and had his chit stolen, now he's making up stories.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Smells like a cover-up.  He could be in BIG trouble with the cops for that if it's true.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Smells like a cover-up. He could be in BIG trouble with the cops for that if it's true.

Yea I imagine he's in some deep doo doo right about now. Maybe he'll convince them he really thought that's what happened and they won't press charges. But that's a big deal to make up a story like that and have the police looking for nonexistent kidnappers.

...so Mr Allenby... now it seems you ran up a tab at a local strip club for over $3000 (which, as a matter of fact, I can see from my office) - looks like you got some more 'splaining to do...

In all seriousness, Allenby is scheduled to make an announcement to media at the Waste Management Open today at 1:30pm, so I'll be following that and give an update - it'll be REALLY interesting to see:

1. what his latest version of events is
  2. what the media reaction to his latest version of events is (my guess is they don't really appreciate being lied to either...)

Club Femme Nu  huh??????? hahahahahahahaha   WOW......

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

So, just how many glasses of wine can you get for $3,400 at a Gentlemen's Club?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm not sure what to make of all this. I must it admit it's not sounding good for Bob right now. My gut tells me he made it all up so his wife wouldn't find out. But she probably has by now.

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Winston Churchill

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Robert Allenby sticks with account of being robbed, beaten

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — When discussing an incident in Hawaii, where he says he was beaten and robbed, Robert Allenby expressed anger Tuesday that the media is "putting all the blame on me."

Allenby stood by his account of the events on the night of Jan. 16, when he says he was abducted, beaten and robbed after visiting a wine bar in Honolulu.

"My story stays exactly the same as the way I told it," Allenby said at a news conference before the Waste Management Phoenix Open, where he'll play for the first time since the incident. "I told you what I knew, and I told you what someone told me. That's the bottom line. I never lied to anyone."

The Australian golfer went out in Honolulu after missing the cut in the Sony Open on Jan. 16. Allenby said initially he remembered having dinner and a few glasses of red wine. He paid the check at 10:48 p.m., according to receipts.

He was shown on surveillance video walking out of the bar with three men he said he'd never met before. Then he was robbed, beaten, kidnapped and thrown from the trunk of a car several miles from the wine bar, he told police.

Allenby said his wallet, cash, driver's license and cell phone were stolen. He also said he thought he had been drugged.

On Tuesday, Allenby said he has no recollection of events from 11:06 p.m. to 1:27 a.m.

"I thought I was in a place, having a nice dinner and having a nice night and then I became the victim," Allenby said. "And now it's all been turned around."

"I understand the way the media works. I've been around for 25 years as a professional golfer, and I've endured a lot of different comments from the media.

"But I'm happy to take everything on the chin. I'm a strong willed character. ... At the end of the day, what's happened has happened."

Allenby has said a homeless woman, Charade Keane, told him she saw him thrown from the trunk of a car. He said he remembers waking up at 1:27 a.m., being helped into a cab by Keane and an unidentified man, who paid the fare to Allenby' hotel.

Once back at his hotel, Allenby contacted police and filed a report.

"You think ... that happens in the movie, not real life," Allenby told The Associated Press on Jan. 18. "I'm just happy to be alive."

Allenby's story has been called into question as the Honolulu Star-Advertiser and Golf Channel have interviewed witnesses who have placed him at a strip club the evening of Jan. 16.

When asked if he visited a strip club on the night in question, Allenby said, "No memory of that."

The 43-year-old posted photos of bloody scrapes on his forehead and nose on his private Facebook page. He said the injuries were a result of being beaten and later tossed from the trunk of a car.

Allenby added that police continue to investigate the case and he hopes to have an update by the end of the week. Last week, police said they were investigating credit card fraud and possible charges of second degree robbery in connection with the incident.

He still has a few scratches on his forehead but his left eye, which was bruised and swollen shut, appears back to normal. He wants to move on with his life, he said, and that's why he's playing at a tournament this week that draws more than 500,000 fans.

"Mentally, I'm preparing myself for probably one of the toughest weeks of my life," he said. "It hasn't been an easy week last week, and it wasn't an easy decision to come to this tournament. But I thought that I need to get my life back on track. I'm a professional golfer, and why should I let controversy put me out of the game that I love? The Waste Management is such a great tournament to come to. I love the crowds here. They are very supportive, they are very loud, but you know what? That's what makes this tournament."

------------

At some point the truth will come out, but my guess is that it won't be from the lips of Mr. Allenby.

Man that was one awkward interview to watch.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Is the interview online yet? I am the strange anti cable guy. Hulu+ and Netflix for this guy....

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Is the interview online yet? I am the strange anti cable guy. Hulu+ and Netflix for this guy....

I'm the same jm - no cable for me either (only thing I miss is sports coverage 24/7 ... probably a good thing we don't have it...)

The interview is up on ESPN - HERE

And the Waste Management folks wanted to tone things down a bit?  That tournament just became must watch TV!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'm the same jm - no cable for me either (only thing I miss is sports coverage 24/7 ... probably a good thing we don't have it...)

The interview is up on ESPN - HERE

Thanks brad! Yea that was one awkward conference.. I wonder how 16 will treat him all week...........

I miss the sports coverage too, but the bar down the street likes me being there more often to watch games.

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm

I'm converting to Netflix/Hulu as soon as my contract ends in June - did it once before and life went on plus ESPN is in the process of becoming available independently.

Tiger, Phil, and then this?  I can hardly wait for the weekend.  Oh and I think there's a football game, too.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hey, this is my kind of place! No cable for me either. Couldn't stomach the price just to get golf channel. And largely couldn't stomach the golf channel anymore. LOL!

I can't help but think "hookers and blow" hearing all this. You walk into a bathroom fine and walk out noticeably impaired? And the wingman making a disappearance screams hooker.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I've started to see adds for it so I think soon.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

No cable? No HBO? No Dsicovery Channel!?!????

Allenby is into some weird, illegal, inappropriate or combo special stuff. Nuff said.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

No cable? No HBO? No Dsicovery Channel!?!????

Allenby is into some weird, illegal, inappropriate or combo special stuff. Nuff said.

HBO is available on HBO GO and Discovery on Hulu+..... Cut my Bill from 140 a month to 40 for just internet at 60mb service.

But yea, He probably touched a stripper and the bouncers found him

My connection is not that fast, but local phone and dsl are $16 a month for me. Its awesome.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Does anyone flashback to,Oliver North when watching that?

" I can neither confirm or deny the existence of myself in the stripclub facility"

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Does anyone flashback to,Oliver North when watching that?

" I can neither confirm or deny the existence of myself in the stripclub facility"

Remeber this one?......."I did not have sex with that woman!"....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived