TESTERS WANTED! ×

Who's Your Pro?

Kenny B

I was watching the Humana Challenge and between shots a few pros were chatting with pro-am partners. So I asked my wife if she could play in a pro-am, which player on any tour: PGA, Champions, LPGA, or European would she chose. Has to be a current player. She had two choices: Fred Couples or Victor Dubuisson, but finally selected Freddy because her French is rusty and Victor is too shy.

Who's my pro? After talking with Rocco Mediate at the Humana Challenge a few years ago, I'll pick Rocco.

BTW, it costs $29,000 to play in the pro-am this week, so I guess I won't be teeing it up with any pro anytime soon!

Of current players, who is your pro?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm going to split my answer into two parts.

I want to play holes 1-18 with Bubba, but I have two caveats.  First I want to play at my course.  I think it would be fun to watch someone as long and good as him get around.  I just want to see where the ball ends up compared to the mere mortals that normally play the course.  Second caveat is he must bring the hovercart and let me drive.

Then the second part of the round is the 19th hole.  For this I choose the most interesting man in golf...Miguel.  I think it'd be great to sit on the deck at the course, have many adult beverages and a stogie.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I've been a big fan of Jimmy Walker for a few years. I even followed him a bit when he was a Nationwide player. He just strikes me as what a professional golfer should be. I like his workman type approach to the game. He's not a show-dog and I like that too. And... he's from Texas. HUH!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm playing with Tiger or Rory. Tiger cause well its Tiger and it would be awesome to see him play up close even if he isn't the same golfer as he once was. Rory cause he's pretty much my age so I think it would be a fun round with him

Honorable mention is Keegan Bradly, again cause of the age but also the Jordan Brand hookup. I'd try to talk him into getting me a pair of his golf shoes lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'm in for a game with Miguel as well, I bet he looks after his pro am partners really well.

If not Miguel then either Darren Clarke or Lee Westwood; both look good fun on and off the course to me.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

My overall would be Sergio however,

Last year I got the chance to Caddie in the Pro Am in the DP world championship in Dubai. The morning round I caddied for an Irish business man and the pro they were playing with was Gonzalo Fdez Castano. Long hitter, crazy flop shots off of the tightest fairways I've ever seen. Overall great guy. The afternoon round I was with a Chinese business man that spoke ZERO English, so I got to chit chat with the Pro. Thomas Aiken and his caddie Danny. That was probably the best time I have ever had on a golf course. I learned a lot from Thomas and Danny. Took some great shots up close on my phone, grabbed a selfie with him and of course the last hole of the day was a 430yd par 4 uphill..... Thomas knew I looped the morning so the hole time on the tee box he kept looking at me and smiling. So I gave in and asked what was funny.... He said "how are your calves?" and looked toward the green. I replied "the last hole would have to be uphill huh?" Danny laughed and we had a good time. Most memorable time I've had.

image.jpg

image.jpg

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Dufner... as long as he brings his wife.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Jason Day, because he's a good Aussie kid doing good. Second would be Sergio, he's turned himself around and really seems quite a likable guy.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I would love to play with Fuzzy Zoeller.  I know he is retired, but when i was volunteering at the Outback Pro Am, I always enjoyed the conversation we would have when he came around to my hole (TPC Tampa Par 3 #6).  He has such an electric personality.....and was an excellent ball striker.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Jerry Kelly - I have a double connection actually now a triple connection to him.

1.  He's from Wisconsin and I lived there - the Wisconsin guys love their own and I can talk Badger/Packer stuff with him all the way around.

2.  He played college golf in CT and I'm from there.

3.  I've met him but more accurately I spent a day walking with his mom on the course and she insisted that I meet him - even more accurately she wanted him to meet my daughter Penelope - He was great - chatted with her about Wisconsin stuff, wanted to know if we had news about the High School championship games - we did because our old High School was in one of the games -

I'd love to play with Jerry Kelly and if not I'd take Steve Stricker as a back up.  Now all I have to do is find someone from the Congregation to pony up the 30K. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Like Theo I would love to play with Rory bc of our similar age and bc he is prolly the best player in the world. That and he seems very likeable.

If I didn't have to talk to the person, just watch them play then it would prolly be Bubba. I don't think he and I would get along too well so maybe I should just follow him around at a tour event where I've gotten to actually play the same course. Haha

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I would love to play with Fuzzy Zoeller.  I know he is retired, but when i was volunteering at the Outback Pro Am, I always enjoyed the conversation we would have when he came around to my hole (TPC Tampa Par 3 #6).  He has such an electric personality.....and was an excellent ball striker.

I love Fuzzy Zoeller!  He came out west to play in Peter Jacobson's charity event, the Fred Meyer Challenge in Portland many years ago, and I followed him around.  Laughed the entire time. That event was great because it was not a PGA event so everyone was relaxed; there weren't many people walking the course so you could get really close to the players.  Besides Fuzzy, Jack, Arnie, Daly, Stadler, Norman, Faxon, and a bunch or other greats were there.  Jacobson hosted and did his impressions of Arnie, Stadler, etc; Daly hit a ball over the top of the crowd (could have killed someone if he miss hit it).  Jack and Arnie teed off together at a demo; Jack hitting his fade and Arnie hitting a draw, and the balls almost hit each other at the apex.  But I will always remember walking with Fuzzy!   Fun times!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I took inspiration from Scott Verplank in going on an insulin pump for my Diabetes. I'd like to play a round with him and thank him.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Man, only one, for me it's got to be Lefty, because that's the obvious choice, but I would almost rather have a round with Stacy Lewis, with my daughter having gone through scoliosis surgery it would be really nice to speak with her, and maybe my daughter would have the opportunity to speak with her as well, that would be even more awesome than playing

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I read "Tales from Q School," years ago and have followed Steve Stricker ever since.  He's an inspiring player for me, plus he's a really good guy.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I've had an encounter with Stricker as well.  My son was his sign boy at the Wisconsin Open a number of years ago.  Stricker was great and even challenged John who told Stricker he could hit a 5 iron 200.  John did it and Stricker gave him a $50 tip.

Stricker and Kelly are great guys.  I'd love to play with either or both.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I read "Tales from Q School," years ago and have followed Steve Stricker ever since.  He's an inspiring player for me, plus he's a really good guy.

I've had an encounter with Stricker as well.  My son was his sign boy at the Wisconsin Open a number of years ago.  Stricker was great and even challenged John who told Stricker he could hit a 5 iron 200.  John did it and Stricker gave him a $50 tip.

Stricker and Kelly are great guys.  I'd love to play with either or both.

Both of them are among my favs on tour.  Stricker's swing is probably most like mine of any golfer on tour, and his short game is marvelous.  Kelly is fun to watch because he wears his emotions on his sleeve.

Archived