TESTERS WANTED! ×

Haas still dealing with wrist injury

Mr_Theoo

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/haas-still-dealing-wrist-injury/

LA QUINTA, Calif. – Bill Haas' left wrist isn't fully healed after he suffered a small fracture last April.

Rest is the only remedy, but the Humana Challenge winner plans to play until he experiences discomfort.

“It's definitely a concern, just because anytime your body doesn't feel great, you don't know what's going on,” he said. “It doesn't hurt that bad to hit, but I do think I favor it.”

Haas says he's been concerned about how it affects his power. He has lost about 10-15 yards off the tee since the injury; this week he averaged only 280 yards per drive.

Haas injured his wrist when he fell down the stairs in Hilton Head. He didn't win in 2014, his first winless year since '09.

“I'm just trying to let it get healthy enough to where I can be more aggressive through the ball,” he said. “Whether or not it hurts or not, I think my body is compensating for it a little bit, subconsciously. Hopefully it's something that will heal itself.

Pretty impressive to win how he did even with a hurt wrist. Losing 10-15 yards is a big deal. As well as not being able to go full out on his shots.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

As they say, "beware the injured golfer." Funny how often someone injured or ill wins. I think it causes one to really play within themselves. With the easy pins for that pro-am tournament, his iron game and putting must have been "on."

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Archived