Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golfpad introduces Tags

Golfpad, the only GPS/tracker that I'll ever use, has released club tags.

More here: https://www.golfpadgps.com/tags

Guess I'm in.  :D

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Wow.......now that's an affordable price........IF you don't mind playing with your phone in your pocket (which i do...) 

I can't seem to play with a watch on my left wrist or a cell phone in my pocket.  The only items in my pockets are:

spare ball

tees

divot tool

ball marker

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have no issues with a phone in my pocket, but can't play with a watch...work that out.

I'm seriously thinking of getting these before the season starts in earnest.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Now you're talking!  Great price.  But guess I will have to wait until my next iPhone upgrade.  This works only with iPhone 6, and I am still at 4S.

If the phone is in my left pocket, I hit left; if it is in my right pocket, I hit right.  lol

Actually, I am OK if I put it in my back pocket which works when walking, but not when riding in a cart (a few more times and I might be getting an iPhone 6 :blush:)   I started putting it in my back pocket because when I had in on my push cart, the battery died very quickly when it was 22*.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Looks cool, uses NFC instead of bluetooth so they can keep cost down by not having the extra "tagging" box that Game golf has.

Sorry Kenny, looks like no support for iOS right now, even though the new phones have NFC there isn't an iOS app at the moment.  Seems like they are really cutting their potential market in half (or more) by not supporting iOS at the moment.

Here's my other big issue.  The app makes the phones screen turn on.  They say it only takes an extra 10-20% battery lift of the course of a round, but I don't buy that. 

Why does the screen stay on when Golf Tags are enabled?
Most Android phones power down NFC radio automatically when the screen is turned off. Golf Pad uses a patent-pending Smart Lock mode to keep both screen and NFC active, while blocking on-screen controls to avoid accidental inputs. You can also see the distance to the target and change current hole right in Smart Lock mode, without unlocking the phone.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I would imagine you could have your phone in the accessory pocket of your bag and tap it there.... might be a yard off but, you wouldn't have your phone in your pocket.

That price is on point though.... better than others by a mile.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Price seems good but I have an iPhone 5 and the game golf. Game golf does the job for me (bought it on Ebay for less than the going rate), and with an iPhone 5, I get terrible battery life that barely survives a round if I'm driving. I'm almost always having to shut down apps or try to work the brightness to keep it alive.  And of course they don't even support it yet, so the point is moot. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

itunes app; https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id446320556

it is available to apple, but only ones with nfc =iphone

Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.

google play; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.contorra.golfpad&referrer=utm_source%3Dweb%26utm_campaign%3Dnone%26utm_medium%3Ddirect

Think I can get over not liking my phone in my pocket for $100 bucks (game golf) or $300 (arccos) cheaper.  I knew Arccos was extremely overpriced, and this proves it!  I already have 2 spare batteries for my phone, and I bought a range finder so no more battery drain for skydroid gps. May pull the trigger on this.

The premium subscription is $9.99/year for advanced stats though.  Only negative imo.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

Hold fire iPhone users... [from NFC World]

Last updated on 22 September 2014

The iPhone 6 has NFC! Hooray, hooray!

However, it seems NFC functionality can be used by Apple Pay only, and the devices cannot read or write NFC tags. Further, it is even possible that the phones lack the necessary hardware to interface with passive tags.

-------

Buyer Beware: Great price, but the golf tags website only mentions compatibility with Android phones (though the actual app is compatible with iPhone 5 and upward). It would be extremely wise to check directly with GolfTags directly before parting ways with your hard-earned golf money...

Hold fire iPhone users... [from NFC World]

Last updated on 22 September 2014

The iPhone 6 has NFC! Hooray, hooray!

However, it seems NFC functionality can be used by Apple Pay only, and the devices cannot read or write NFC tags. Further, it is even possible that the phones lack the necessary hardware to interface with passive tags.

-------

Buyer Beware: Great price, but the golf tags website only mentions compatibility with Android phones (though the actual app is compatible with iPhone 5 and upward). It would be extremely wise to check directly with GolfTags directly before parting ways with your hard-earned golf money...

Thanks for the Heads Up Brad.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I had been waiting for Arccos to load for Australia, from its pre-launch price period.

Good thing about waiting is that more products keep arriving and their price gets less.

Really glad my electric golf buggy has a phone connection for such future purchases.

Thanks for the heads up AND the cautions re Apple.

Doubt Apple ever lets anyone access the NFC in the iPhone. Pretty big security risk.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Thanks for saving me $100 Brad.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

For once it looks like it sucks to own an apple product. I'll still be looking at this when I get back from Florida.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Interesting promise here. A year ago you couldn't find these things for under 200 bucks. Now we're starting to see them come down a lot. When do you think we start to see the first one not charge for the tags, but charge per month/round or track strokes gained?

I give it a6 months before someone comes up with the real cheap version and the prices start falling under 100 dollars.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

There's that damn Tapping again. That's what I didn't like about GG. The only one I know of right now that you don't have to tap all the time is Arccos. But they are over priced. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

There's that damn Tapping again. That's what I didn't like about GG. The only one I know of right now that you don't have to tap all the time is Arccos. But they are over priced. 

And only available for apple users.

In the bag:

Bag: 

• 3 weeks later...

I have game golf and personally think it's great. You can easily buy it for the same $100 second hand (that's what I did). I have made tagging part of my routine and dislike having my phone on me, so I'm glad to have the small belt clip. And GG supports both android and iOS. There is already a pretty big community with GG as well. $100 is great and all but for the tech involved $50 would make this a no brainer. I think for the extra $50-$100 GG just offers more. Glad to see it getting some competition though. Would like to hear what some of you guys think once you get some time using it though.

• TM M1 430 w/ Speeder 757 X

TM Jetspeed w/ Fuji X 13.5*

TM UDI w/ Recoil 120 F4 21*

TM 2011 TP MBs 4-pw X100ti

TM EF Spin 52*/ATV

TM EF Spin 58*/ATV

TM Ghost Tour Black Monte Carlo

Pro V1

• 9 months later...

Got an email from Amazon this morning for the GamePad - Golf Tags distance tracker. It's $99. I quickly scanned a few reviews and found that a few people had issues with the Tags not lasting or coming apart. But, for $99 this might still be a decent and cheap device for practice work. I think it works with Android and iPhone.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I have their app and it's great. I was looking at the tags but I think I'll leave them be, reason being is that the app, after a while, will suggest the club for the next shot and you have to be looking at the phone for that to happen, so pressing 2 more buttons takes all of 5 seconds making, for mine, the tags redundant.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Archived