Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Tiger's bladed bunker shot

jmwils81

Let's start up a good ole conversation on Tiger. I have been a Sergio fan since the infamous fairway run and jump. I think tiger is good for the game as shown in the $200,000 bump in ticket sales for the WM.

I read Haney's book on Tiger and it flows with all of the stories you hear about how pompous he is. So during the practice round this week he joked on the tee box on 16 that he could blade it into the crowd. "I could do that" after whoever was video taping doubts him.

Fast forward to his tee shot found the left bunker. The next video shown is him sending the ball into the crowd and "reportedly" giving a big smile.

I find this to be extremely negligent. Did some of the fans like it ..... yes. If you watch how fast the ball is coming in, it could do some damage to an unsuspecting patron.

http://foursum.com/otd/tiger-woods-bunker-shot-stands-phoenix-open/

In short, I still think Tiger is a DB

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Until he shows his relevance on the leaderboard of a golf tournament I really don't want to see every shot that he takes, it certainly is a story with the come back, but right now compared to the other golfers he is just an average guy, and compared to the guys that are playing really well right now I would consider him below average, people looking for Tiger to return to glory should find something else to do, there are too many good golfers right now and that will never happen.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

There was only a $200,000 bump in tickets? Was there a limited amount of tickets available?

Tiger's short game is a 3/10 on a good day at the moment.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

It happened during the Wednesday Pro Am Blade

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm

I think it's a bit of mixed bag.  Tiger is trying to engage with the fans a bit more, but at the same time, he is struggling. You are talking about a guy whose success isolated him, and his personality further isolated him.  Now he is trying to remake an image, after a couple of years remaking himself.  The kinda of life drama/trauma that he brought upon himself changes a person.  It is unfair of us to a judge him for this, but I admit that watching some of his stilted attempts to engage with people is a little uncomfortable. He is a guy that has been so isolated and detached for so long, it is like watching the awkward teenager in high school ask the most popular girl in school to the prom. He will work through it, but right now, it just seems like he is trying to find how he needs to be with the fans, and crowds, because he doesn't want to be/is being told not to be, who he was.

Personally, I think what he needs most right now is confidence, both on and off the course. I think he can get there, but it is going to take some time.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I think what he needs now is chipping lessons.... some of those yesterday were down right dreadful

Toss out the engage wedges!

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Oh boy - Tiger is always a lightening rod.  Good luck with this thread.  I'd love to discuss his short game woes but not here ----

Just let me know if anyone is in bleeding or in need of last rites before its over. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived