Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

One fitted club - What would you choose?

Mr_Theoo

Just a bit of a hypothetical question; if you could only have one club in your bag that is fitted what would you choose?

I would choose the driver. Even though you only hit it a max of 14 times I think for my game it would be the biggest help. I think I could find a set of irons and wedges that would suit me well enough to get by.

So lets hear what you would pick and why?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I am with you on that Theo. Yes it's only hit 14 or so times but it starts you off and if you are wild or streaky with your unfitted driver then that could lead to some interesting lies. A fitted driver with the correct launch, spin and small dispersion would be hands down better for your game over a wedge or putter.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Tough one. Probably driver. Putter seems like the logical choice, given the number of strokes, but I've never put a ball in the water with my putter. Yet.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Today I'm choosing a Driver. I was fitted for my irons and wedges this past August and couldn't be happier. My el cheapo Odyssey #9 putter is good presently. My driver is very suspect even though I average around 55% FW hit. My misses aren't usually wide either way. I have an appointment in March for a new driver to be fit. Loft, lie, face angle, shaft. Completely new club. Off the rack adjustable drivers are a gimmick I believe. I'll be purchasing a driver with a bendable hosel instead. I strongly encourage the following. Stick with it to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj5KOk2oXU0

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Today I'm choosing a Driver. I was fitted for my irons and wedges this past August and couldn't be happier. My el cheapo Odyssey #9 putter is good presently. My driver is very suspect even though I average around 55% FW hit. My misses aren't usually wide either way. I have an appointment in March for a new driver to be fit. Loft, lie, face angle, shaft. Completely new club. Off the rack adjustable drivers are a gimmick I believe. I'll be purchasing a driver with a bendable hosel instead. I strongly encourage the following. Stick with it to the end.

Plaid are you gonna be looking into the Wishon drivers? 

For me, I'd probably go with a putter fitting. It's definitely one of the weaker parts of my game and I'm really liking my current driver even though I wasn't fitted for it.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Yes. I am. Pretty sure I'll be fitted for the 919THI. I looked at and tried it back in August at my iron fitting. Wishon may not be the clubs/brand for everyone but I've developed a real appreciation for his design and quality. Tom Wishon is hands down one of the top designers and fitters out there. I can't say enough about him and his work.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Always like to hear what Wishon has to say. He's a very good speaker to boot.

I've avoided the "single loft adjustable" drivers for the most part. Getting into the properly lofted head is still where I like to start. For years, I've made mention of the "soled" and "hovering" face angle characteristics when testing new drivers. I also thought TM had a good thing with my r11s driver in the adjustable sole plate to control how it sits on the ground after the hosel changes. It also is a lofted head.

Single loft heads are indeed a gimmick driven by profit motives.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Tough question -- either driver or putter.  Right now I'd lean putter...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Depends if we count irons as a club since its all one fitting session. If so I would pick irons, or if one club then 6i and I'll build off that.

I'm pretty certain I could find something off the rack with driver and putter that I hit well enough to not cost many strokes, but I think I could gain more strokes with well fit irons by hitting more greens.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

At this point in time, I would go with wedges.  I think I made a mistake when I changed the shafts in my SCORs and I want to correct it.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Putter. It's the most used club in the bag and is a no brainer for me

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Some drivers work OK for me, others not so much. But to be honest, if I find one off the rack that feels good, tweaking the club to optimally fit will likely not make that much difference. I like my putter.

Irons, however, do not work for me off the rack. Length and lie have to be adjusted. So irons it is.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Driver for me. Had my first driver fitted for me last year and it's been an eye opening experience.

I've never had a putter fitting, but I consider my self a decent putter so maybe I am wrong and it would take me to another level. Most of my missed putts I feel are misreads, not mishits.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Putter. A player that knows his swing can adjust for any other club. Putting is so important you don't want your stroke fighting the putter.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Putter for me although I haven't ever been fit for one. I blame my poor putting on this 😜

Honestly I'm not what I would call a bad putter, just extremely streaky. When I'm hot my putter can carry my whole game. When I'm cold I May not make a putt outside 4 feet.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Irons. I'm short and the last fitting had me pick up 10 yards and a lot of confidence. Putter would be second, and woods last.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Fairway for me.

My driver is getting better all the time. My irons, I just made, and so far, the results are pleasing but I may have to mess with the lie.

Wedges are OK but could use some new ones and my putter is Billy.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

In all honesty it would be wedge fitting. Most of the game is played at 130 yards and in so being able to tuck it close would be key for me. My 130 club now is your standard PW.

Titleist AP1 irons

Titleist 913D 7.5 Degree, Stiff Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 Shaft

Wedges: Taylormade 60 d Titleist Vokey 54,56,58

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

10885218_10205856139265562_6140026354236

Archived