Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Does Titleist get enough respect

JBones

I think PGA professionals are often affiliated with Titleist because of the Titleist Performance Institute and their certification program.

http://www.mytpi.com/about

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Good question posed by the OP.

There is one thing that can be agreed upon though - you can't demand respect, you simply have to earn it.

Titleist have been in my bag for the greater part of my golfing life. Sure, I've played numerous other brands along the way, but Titleist has always stood out as a marque that produced no-nonsense products that simply worked.

Enough respect earned in my book, but they always had a customer liaison (with me anyway) that gave a sense that they would try their best to sort out my needs if OTR solutions were not available. That meant custom options and tweaks that many other brands (at that time) didn't deliver outside of the tour van. 

These days, the same level of customer service and custom options is enjoyed by the majority of brands and most of them produce quality clubs suitable for all handicaps. 

One aspect I would cast a bit of criticism towards Titleist though - their newer forged irons wear out far quicker than any of their previous models - say from about 2010 onwards, the chrome (or is it paint?) lasted for a matter of weeks before the faces started to brown. That simply wouldn't be the case on earlier irons. Not a great fan of the newer woods with black faces and soles either that seem to look old before their time. The older woods seemed to be of a better quality with a more durable paint finish IMO.

Each to their own I guess, but the respect they earned (albeit some years before) is slowly starting to fade on the newer product cycles for me. 

I actually caught myself looking at Taylormades this weekend - gods honest truth. :unsure:

To me, they've always been the example of class when it comes to equipment. The difference is people don't notice it between the constant Taylormade / Callaway ads preaching more distance :P

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I think PGA professionals are often affiliated with Titleist because of the Titleist Performance Institute and their certification program.

http://www.mytpi.com/about

Titleist knows that when someone goes to get a lesson, they see the pro in their gear/hat/shoes.

I like that they have always remained committed to the green grass level.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I think Titleist gets the respect they deserve from the people they want if from the most, THE PLAYERS!

The players are the ones who trust their ball and equipment week after week on the tour. It seems like every week I see a Titleist staff member at the top of the leaderboard. I have a healthy dose of Titleist equipment in my bag and I trust it will perform on each and every shot I take.

Thank you to Titleist for not buying into some of the false marketing schemes that some of the companies try to sell us on.

:titelist-small: Pro V1
Srixon Z565 9* Miyazaki Mizore Stiff
:titelist-small: 915Fd  15* Diamana D+ 80g Stiff
:titelist-small:  718 T-MB 2 iron Kuro Kage 85g Stiff
:ping-small: i E1 4-9 Iron Dynamic Gold S300
:vokey-small:   SM7 46*,54* & 58*
:scotty-small: Select Newport 2, Matador Grip 

@justin_scheve

And lets not forget Titleist stalwart Steve Stricker who would be high in these rankings but for his injuries and reduced tournament schedule.

If memory serves, Ian Poulter also reps Team Titleist. While he may not be on the top 25 list, who can argue about the attention he brought Cobra all those years.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they decide to spend a few bucks to take advantage of Poulters flamboyance.

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Archived