Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Weekly MGS Poll: Have We Seen The Last of Tiger?

GolfSpy Barbajo

Have We Seen The Last of Tiger?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tiger return to the PGA Tour?

• Absolutely - the man's a warrior
    • No way - the man is toast
  2. 2. Have we seen the last of Tiger as a legitimate threat on Tour?

• He'll play, but with that short game, he's just another guy
    • He'll be competitive because he's, you know, Tiger freaking Woods!
  3. 3. Will he win another Major?

• Nope - his body is too beat up and he just doesn't have it in him anymore
    • He'll be competitive, and with Lindsey by his side, you never know...
    • He has one more great run in him - he'll win at least one more
    • Once he turns 40, he'll figure it out. When he does, look out Jack!!!

Today's poll has concerns one Eldrick Woods.

Is Tiger done as a threat on tour?  Is his "leave of absence" or whatever he's calling it a smokescreen as Tiger regroups, or is it a troubling sign of a golfer who just doesn't have it anymore?

And never mind another major, will Tiger even win another tournament?

What do you say, and let the debate begin!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I think that when he does want to return he will be at a point where HE feels he can compete. The only difference is there is a huge difference from practicing and being ready actually playing competition golf. Did he think he was ready this year when he came back? eh, maybe. I think the Media multiplied his readiness and masked the true state of his game.

He has turned into a regular PGA touring professional. He will contend again but, it will be on a hot streak the same as everyone else in the field (Minus Rory right now)

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

I think he's pretty much done. His head is messed up like his swing. Or perhaps his swing is messed up like his head. Take your pick. I mean... how can anyone live anything like a somewhat normal life and be him? Like last night... the hour long Golf Channel program was devoted entirely to Tiger taking time off (again). The week before when he WD'd; the telecast cut entirely away from the course to the parking lot as Tiger walked to his car and then sat in it waiting for his caddy to load up his bag, etc. And then the cameras panned to the car as it drove away. Must have been 10 minutes of parking lot time. Geesh. How could anyone live like that? Who would want to? The Tiger Woods we all see and know today is a completely different fellow than what he was back when his game was on the upswing and than at the top. It's over. If I were him I'd want it to be over. I'd take a year or two away from the world as best I could. I know the golf media will blow a gasket if he did but tough. Get over it. Let's focus on what's happening in golf today. IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT TIGER for pete's sake. For me Tiger has become a bore. I'm tired of hearing about him all the time when I read or watch golf. It's time to move on. Can we?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived