Top Stories:

Rory makes his PGA Tour debut

Sergio plans to bring his B game this week, only to choke again on Sunday

Russel Henley looks to get back to form and repeat

2014 Honda Classic Infographic:

honda125-847.jpg

TV Coverage:

Thursday & Friday - Golf Channel 3:00PM-6:00PM EST

Saturday & Sunday - Golf Channel 1:00PM-3:00PM EST (an additional two hours of coverage of the "Bear Trap" also), NBC 3:00PM-6:00PM EST

Featured Pairings:

Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka

Justin Rose, Patrick Reed, Billy Horschel

Phil Mickelson, Sergio Garcia, Martin Kaymer

Rickie Fowler, Russell Henley, Graeme McDowell

I was coming to post the same thing.  How can these guys not adjust?  I'm seeing shots miss by 40+yds.

And I'm not even in the field!  :wacko:

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I came on to post the same thing. I'm in Florida though, we had a front move through today. It's not just windy its gusty and swirly. Throw in the omnipresent water on that back nine, I've played there and it's in play on just about every hole even for them, throw that in with gusty wind and this is what you get.

Brutal!

Glad I'm playing tomorrow instead, the wind is laying down here and will lay down there in a few hours too.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Great field this week. Love to see these guys struggle. I mean, they are so good it's just sometimes they just make it look easier than it is.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I watched it twice, haha. We regularly have that much wind, and I loved watching these guys struggle. Island greens and gusty winds are always so much fun.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Watching today as I'm getting ready to play and a couple of things stand out.

1.  Glad that weather moved through here last night.  The sun just came out, the wind is way down - I should have no trouble getting 18 in teeing off at 2:40.

2.  It stays light here 45 minutes longer than there even though we are in the same state. :)

3.  What in the world was Rory just thinking?  Trying to hit the green on 18 from 3 1/2 inches of wet Bermuda rough?  Sometimes guys hit it in that water with a wedge.  He was only two (actually one) outside of the cut line and the front nine (his back) is much easier.  Make the cut and you will be in the tournament this week.  He still makes some curious decisions but maybe that's just his make up.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Patrick Reed finally got some pants that fit!!

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

If they get our weather over on the East Coast their day will be done soon. Steady rain here since I got up this morning. I though it was supposed to be done by now, no such luck.

This is very unusual this time of the year in Florida. We normally only get this in late September/early October when our weather changes from summer to fall/winter/spring patterns.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

This setup is borderline too hard for a "normal" PGA Tour event. -6 after 4 days playing ball in hand the 4th round?

Nicklaus as a designer I'm not sold on at all.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Tough weather conditions.  I actually enjoy playing Nicklaus courses.  However, they do tend to favor a fade over a draw.  Wonder why that is?   ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've played the course Mr. Divots - I think this was a matter of the weather making the course tough more than anything else.  It's a typical Florida course (or good Florida course), lots of water and lots of sand, very little to no elevation change.  No wind and it can be had, certainly by tour players, but throw in wind and then make it gusty wind that changes direction every day and it gets very tough.

It was the summer when I played the course, we have a family friend who used to be one of the teaching pros there (actually she used to play on the LPGA), we played together from about 6,600 yards.  I shot 79, she shot 71.  It was playable but 15 and 17 are extremely intimidating visually - I hit one of those greens and was in the trap left on the other.  16 is a very, very tough hole because there is water right where you would want to drive the ball, so you have to lay back - it's kind of unfair because even by playing a forward tee you have to leave 180 in - you're in the same spot as the pros only with a hybrid/mid iron while they still hit short iron/mid iron.

In general I like Nicklaus courses although they normally favor a high fade.  My favorite are the courses at Grand Cypress just outside of Orlando.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived